MŠK Žilina vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

MŠK Žilina vs Chelsea  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • M?K ?ilina victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless Draw
  2. 2. Will Ancelotti name a full-strength team?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good start to the CL campaign. Dani showed flashes of real promise and Nico was outstanding. Bena had several nice plays and it's nice to see some of the depth make nice contributions. Carlo is doing a wonderful job getting the players to play with passion and intensity.

GO CHELSEA!!!!

"For us it was a footballing lesson; we saw the way the modern game is going. We lost, but I am not disappointed. We lost to a stronger team." Pavel Hapal, Žilina coach

So Humble. Wish you all the best.

Another very good win without having to really break a sweat. Things going very smoothly so far. Plus the fact that Sturridge started and scored, looking bright and Kakuta, McEachran and Van Aanholt all coming on. Well pleased for Josh getting his debut, he always looks so comfortable, all of the young lads involved with the first team squad can very comfortably play with the first team at any point. Shame the commentators couldn't decide how to pronounce his name correctly though....

5 games 23 goals scored 2 goals conceded -lookin' good.

Last night Cech seemed a bit fragile, and it seems all the opposition needs to do is send in high balls at angles to bypass the midfield. Prem managers are probably planning this tactic right now !

However foot was taken off the gas, so all in all good performance.....

5 games 23 goals scored 2 goals conceded -lookin' good.

Last night Cech seemed a bit fragile, and it seems all the opposition needs to do is send in high balls at angles to bypass the midfield. Prem managers are probably planning this tactic right now !

However foot was taken off the gas, so all in all good performance.....

Wouldn't worry too much to be honest about the shakey defence, both Zhirkov and Ivanovic were run a bit ragged last night which made things worse. On the whole this season our defence has been incredibly solid.

Benayoun had a good game in his first start. Again, the whole squad looking incredibly good this season, whoever comes in the 11 is playing to the same high standard, no weak links showing for us at the moment and we are able to comfortably rotate the team.

Wouldn't worry too much to be honest about the shakey defence, both Zhirkov and Ivanovic were run a bit ragged last night which made things worse. On the whole this season our defence has been incredibly solid.

Benayoun had a good game in his first start. Again, the whole squad looking incredibly good this season, whoever comes in the 11 is playing to the same high standard, no weak links showing for us at the moment and we are able to comfortably rotate the team.

Yes he did -he was a bit erratic for the Dippers, could come on and change a game, but other times was anonymous or regularly gave the ball away. However, that was probably more down to Tubby benitez lack of discipline, and it wont be tolerated at SW 6.

Some of the passing was frightening last night , fast incisive -I know they were lesser opposition , but incredible speed and awareness on display. We have an excellent squad for rotation now -and as you say, if Ivanovich and Zhirkov get a bit ropey theres Cole and Bosingwa to come back.

As a prediction I would say a domestic double is readily attainable again -but watching Barca destroy the Greeks , they could be the main obstacle to CL....also hate to say it but Le Arse looked devastating as well. But I think we have the measure of them these days

Yes he did -he was a bit erratic for the Dippers, could come on and change a game, but other times was anonymous or regularly gave the ball away. However, that was probably more down to Tubby benitez lack of discipline, and it wont be tolerated at SW 6.

Some of the passing was frightening last night , fast incisive -I know they were lesser opposition , but incredible speed and awareness on display. We have an excellent squad for rotation now -and as you say, if Ivanovich and Zhirkov get a bit ropey theres Cole and Bosingwa to come back.

As a prediction I would say a domestic double is readily attainable again -but watching Barca destroy the Greeks , they could be the main obstacle to CL....also hate to say it but Le Arse looked devastating as well. But I think we have the measure of them these days

Absolutely, Barca are (as always) the team to beat. Arsenal are looking good, but they still have their obvious flaws, and against stronger opposition will continue to come unstuck, we most certainly are very effective against them. Also if they lose Fabregas to injury again they will struggle, he is pulling all the strings for them at the moment...

The sky's the limit for us at the moment, the management of the squad is going to be key to how we do this season, i fancy us for the Premiership again, cup comps are always a gamble but i am sure we pick up at least 1 other trophy this season, hopefully the CL.

Was Great to see Josh and Gael get some game time :clap: though i do feel danny should have been kept on till the end maybe Carlo was hoping Nico would get 3 , still think it will be the same front 3 against blackpool Malouda Drogba and Anelka , but its good to see Carlo is thinking of the kids.

Delighted with the result and scoring 4 goals away from home in Europe ... it doesn't happen too often. These fixtures can be tricky, like Apoel Nicosia last year and Cluj the year before that. Glad to start the campaign with a bang.