The Pre-Season Thread

On 3/16/2017 at 9:52 PM, Unionjack said:

Chelsea Football Club will break new ground this year when we visit Singapore for the first time as part of our summer tour.

Antonio Conte and the Blues squad will play two matches at the National Stadium in the Lion City as we return to Asia for our 2017/18 pre-season preparations.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/03/double-header-in-singapore.html

How can I get the tickets? Anyone having idea?

For me traveling to London is still a far dream. This is the only possible way to watch a Chelsea match as of now, after that fat c**t Ron Gourlay cheated us with his false India tour promise.

My aunt is in Singapore and she is calling me for a log time to visit her. I could easily include the match with the itinerary.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather the lads just went away somewhere they could just train and work without all the palarver of having to do necessary PR shit and play these daft comps which comers with having a large company. Only plus side it lets supporters in far off lands see the tads. But buying a shirt might be difficult to some.

Just let the manager work out what players he needs, bring the new guys in and upto speed and a couple of warm up games towards the end.

This summer is extremely important for us with Europe coming and the Dons 1st proper transfer window.

It will be a guide for the next few years for us.

I hope its gonna be a good summer for us.

4 hours ago, nachikethas said:

How can I get the tickets? Anyone having idea?

For me traveling to London is still a far dream. This is the only possible way to watch a Chelsea match as of now, after that fat c**t Ron Gourlay cheated us with his false India tour promise.

My aunt is in Singapore and she is calling me for a log time to visit her. I could easily include the match with the itinerary.

Site just says Ticket news to follow soon.

Good luck on your search bruv.

I'm doing all I can to move to India (Goa) and so many want to leave and come live here. The grass is always greener tho so 'they'say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to our pre season tour in Asia. I would just like to know whose all going so that we can go to the games together. 

I'm from South Africa and I'm leaving on the 20th July. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, NiclasCFC said:

When does Conte and the players who didnt have any international games return for pre-season?

Pretty sure the first team start pre-season training next week. The development squad and u18's start this week.

Should we be concerned that we are gonna play only 4 games in pre-season, including the Community Shield? Don't want us to go into the season under-cooked again like in 2015/16, especially when we have a rough first 2 months.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Should we be concerned that we are gonna play only 4 games in pre-season, including the Community Shield? Don't want us to go into the season under-cooked again like in 2015/16, especially when we have a rough first 2 months.

Wasn't the problem's in 15/16 more down to Jose mentally knackering the player's? I'm sure the light pre season (which i think was more down to relaxed training, which won't be an issue under Conte)  didn't help but any physical rustiness would have been gone by September and we still performed like dog until Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't the problem's in 15/16 more down to Jose mentally knackering the player's? I'm sure the light pre season (which i think was more down to relaxed training, which won't be an issue under Conte)  didn't help but any physical rustiness would have been gone by September and we still performed like dog until Christmas.

Yeah but that wasn't the only reason we underperformed or started badly, was it? We looked off the pace physically from the start and never recovered. Training hard won't necessarily help get the match sharpness and fitness up.

Guess my question has been answered...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/05/diego-costa-chelsea-atletico-madrid-offer

The players are due to begin double sessions later next week and will play two friendlies, one behind closed doors, prior to departing on a summer tour of China and Singapore on 18 July. They play Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Internazionale in the Far East.