test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

The Pre-Season thread

Started by BlueLion.,

1,449 posts in this topic
47 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Why are we playing New England Revolution on 16th may in USA?

Just 4 days after PL ends and two weeks before EL final (if we qualify)

The only explanation I can see is if we bring Pulisic so soon and he plays this match in new club in his country, but even then its stupid. Players need some rest ffs.

Why not? Still we'll have 13 days to get ready for the EL-final, it's not like the boys should have jetlag.  If we didn't have this match there would almost 20 days between the Leicester game and the EL-final, which is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Why not? Still we'll have 13 days to get ready for the EL-final, it's not like the boys should have jetlag.  If we didn't have this match there would almost 20 days between the Leicester game and the EL-final, which is ridiculous.

Well its common to have that pause between end of season and CL/EL final. Its not like this match will be of any bigger challenge than trainings we do every week. 

The players will have very busy schedule ahead for the may and the last thing they want is another meanlingless trip to Usa only 4 days after PL end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well its common to have that pause between end of season and CL/EL final. Its not like this match will be of any bigger challenge than trainings we do every week. 

The players will have very busy schedule ahead for the may and the last thing they want is another meanlingless trip to Usa only 4 days after PL end. 

The Europa League final usually takes place before the league season ends, at least from a Premier League perspective, but that's not the case this season.

In the case of the Champions League final, it'll be worse if at least one of the English sides reach it because there will be a 3-week break between the last league game and the final. Other leagues finish a week or two later than the Premier League.

EDIT - Final day of each top 5 league + the cup finals...

May 12 - Premier League
May 19 - La Liga/Bundesliga
May 26 - Serie A/Ligue 1
May 29 - Europa League Final
June 2 - Champions League Final

nyikolajevics likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Europa League final usually takes place before the league season ends, at least from a Premier League perspective, but that's not the case this season.

In the case of the Champions League final, it'll be worse if at least one of the English sides reach it because there will be a 3-week break between the last league game and the final. Other leagues finish a week or two later than the Premier League.

EDIT - Final day of each top 5 league + the cup finals...

May 12 - Premier League
May 19 - La Liga/Bundesliga
May 26 - Serie A/Ligue 1
May 29 - Europa League Final
June 2 - Champions League Final

EL finals have varried for past few years. 2015, 17, 19 were played at end of may, 16, 18 were played in mid may. CL usualy follows about a week later always. 

Its true La Liga sides have less break because la liga ends later, but PL was in this situation for years. Its nothing new.

Its good to have extra game inbetween but in this case just 4 days after playing every couple days, this game wont be useful at all. Its 13 days break till EL final, even if we play another game which is still enough to kill our tempo if that was the case. 

I would understand if we played this game one week after Watford and one week before EL final in Europe, not USA , so it doesnt affect us but keeps us in shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

 

The players will have very busy schedule ahead for the may and the last thing they want is another meanlingless trip to Usa only 4 days after PL end. 

Only 4 days? Well boo hoo, they have to go and play a charity match after only 4 days of rest. They earn 60-200k pounds a week, I don’t feel sorry for this match interrupting their 3 weeks rest.

They will still have plenty of time to get ready for the EL-final(if we qualify).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Only 4 days? Well boo hoo, they have to go and play a charity match after only 4 days of rest. They earn 60-200k pounds a week, I don’t feel sorry for this match interrupting their 3 weeks rest.

They will still have plenty of time to get ready for the EL-final(if we qualify).

If we go that way then they should be playing 20 hours a day to justify the cash they get.

But their pay is not going from my pocket nor yours. All we care is their performance on the pitch and I find this date 4 days after PL pointless because either key players wont play, will take it as a training session but in USA or even risking an injury. The last could affect our game in EL final if we get there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If we go that way then they should be playing 20 hours a day to justify the cash they get.

But their pay is not going from my pocket nor yours. All we care is their performance on the pitch and I find this date 4 days after PL pointless because either key players wont play, will take it as a training session but in USA or even risking an injury. The last could affect our game in EL final if we get there. 

It’s gonna be a friendly game, NE and Chelsea players know that, they won’t be slashin’ each other. Ofc there is a risk of injury but they can get injured on training too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So our pre-season now looks like this...

July 19 - Kawasaki Frontale
July 23 - Barcelona
July 28 - Reading
July 31 - Red Bull Salzburg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/06/2019 at 5:09 PM, Jason said:

So our pre-season now looks like this...

July 19 - Kawasaki Frontale
July 23 - Barcelona
July 28 - Reading
July 31 - Red Bull Salzburg

WWII/Spanish Civil War tour 2019, roflmaoooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.