The Pre-Season Thread

The travel could take a toll, but atheltes do it all the time. Basketball players play 82 games and travel the country every 2-3 days. They should be able to handle it. Scottland is closeer to England than Indiana. [emoji12]. Why would they play those big games in Europe? YOU GUYS GET ALL THE BIG GAMES[emoji35] lol. C'mon, all we want are the friendlies. It may be a money grab, but Real, Chelsea, United, Barca, Roma, Liverpool, City, etc. All think it's a good idea.

The quality of opposition is good for a pre-season tour but again its the location. Some coaches (van Gaal last season especially) went on about the pre-season travelling causing issues in their teams and I feel the same.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quality of opposition is good for a pre-season tour but again its the location. Some coaches (van Gaal last season especially) went on about the pre-season travelling causing issues in their teams and I feel the same.

True but commercial interest means teams will always have to do this kind of pre-season tours, whether we like it or not. At least we're heading to US in a year where there's no major international tournament in the summer.

Its nothing to do with that. All the travelling, it has an effect on the players, its pointless really, all it is is a money gainer for the club we can play top teams at home or in more ideal locations in Europe or even in England which doesn't have as much of a toll on players due to travelling.

Also I live in Scotland :D

Again like I've said above, traveling takes its toll eventually. We can play top teams anywhere, we are Chelsea football club, big teams will always be up for friendlies against us if they are possible.

Of course its good for fans who are US based to get a chance to see their team but I think its more for the money. Its ridiculous in my eyes.

England...Scotland, all the same place! we are all British!

where did you get this info? LA & San Jose are listed. Also Club America. I can see CFC vs any 3 in the new Levi Stadium, in Santa Clara. I hope CFC comes back to Cali. I really think so tbh.

i didn't get any info about the location of the games...that's why it was in the form of a question, since last time there were no west coast games.

i didn't get any info about the location of the games...that's why it was in the form of a question, since last time there were no west coast games.

Well if The Blues do come to Northern California, we need to link up somehow & you give me a beer :Goober: I am thinking of LA for CFC, but I hope it's San Jose.

England...Scotland, all the same place! we are all British!

Sure, I agree 100%, but as a Scot, if someone said to me 'yeah, you live in England', I'd correct them (I currently live in France but whatever, you get the idea... :D )!

Sure, I agree 100%, but as a Scot, if someone said to me 'yeah, you live in England', I'd correct them (I currently live in France but whatever, you get the idea... :D )!

I don't really get fussed haha, If someone asks me where I'm from I normally say The UK! or that I'm British!

Embarrassed to be Scottish right now and associated with Sturgeon and her mob

I don't really get fussed haha, If someone asks me where I'm from I normally say The UK! or that I'm British!

Embarrassed to be Scottish right now and associated with Sturgeon and her mob

Yeah, I do the same, but there's a difference between someone asking you where you are from, and someone saying you live in England. :)

Great news not least because they aren't likely to go all that way for one game. Maybe a game or two in Japan and China on the way back?

Obviously whoever is paying the big fee to get Chelsea out there will want to see the stars but let's hope that Boga, Brown, Colkett, Loftus-Cheek, Musonda, Solanke and maybe even Da Silva get a seat on the plane too. Too good a chance to waste surely.