The Pre-Season Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goalkeepers: Rafael Cabral (Santos), Neto (Fiorentina)

Defenders: Marcelo (Real Madrid), Rafael (Manchester United), Danilo (Porto), Alex Sandro (Porto), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), Juan (Inter Milan), Bruno Uvini (Sao Paulo)

Midfielders: Romulo (Vasco da Gama), Ganso (Santos), Oscar (Internacional), Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur), Lucas (Sao Paulo)

Forwards: Neymar (Santos), Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Leandro Damiao (Internacional), Hulk (Porto).

Replacements: Marquinhos (Corinthians), Giuliano (Dniepr/UKR), Cassemiro (Sao Paulo), Gabriel (AC Milan/ITA)

Means absolutely nothing if you ask me. Last season we won all of our pre-season matches without conceding a single goal and yet our team was shit for most of the season. If memory serves, we also had a terrible pre-season in Carlo's first year, yet went on to win the double.

Wrong. That was in Carlo's second season where we lost all our pre-season games but one against Crystal Palace. We went to US also back in Carlo's first season. Won all games but one, that 2-2 draw against Reading.

Footage of the lads back at training today. Think i have a hardon!

For a moment there, I mistakenly took Hazard for one of the youth lads, only to realized it awhile later. :lol: Excited to see Hazard, Marin and KDB there. Can't wait for pre-season games to get started!

And Luiz isn't in the Olympic squad?! Shocking but a good news for us. More players able to train and gel together as a squad.

Means absolutely nothing if you ask me. Last season we won all of our pre-season matches without conceding a single goal and yet our team was shit for most of the season. If memory serves, we also had a terrible pre-season in Carlo's first year, yet went on to win the double.

You are "absolutely" wrong guy. It means a LOT. Just look at our past 3 seasons.

2009: Won against Milan, Inter and América, playing nice football. Season result: Won the double playing nice football, with lots of goals.

2010: Lost all matches, played avarage football. Season: avarage football, lots of bad results, and Carlo got the axe at the end of it.

2011: a stupid pre season in Asia, playing during storms, and against teams like Malaysia, Thailand, Portsmouth (we conceded a goal against Rangers). For me it was a pain to watch our games during pre season, fucking awful football, it was clear we needed new players, nothing happened in the transfer market, and it was also painful to wacth our football under AVB.

As you see, your memory is terrible. :tophat:

Pre season is a good indication of how the things are going to happen during the season, and I'm not only talking about results, talking abuout the potential of the squad, and how we play, and what kind of players are needed. Also nice to play in American summer against Milan, PSG and MLS All Stars than in rainy Asia against Thailand and Malaysia, it was a fucking awful decision last year based on market and not on football.

You are "absolutely" wrong guy. It means a LOT. Just look at our past 3 seasons.

2009: Won against Milan, Inter and América, playing nice football. Season result: Won the double playing nice football, with lots of goals.

2010: Lost all matches, played avarage football. Season: avarage football, lots of bad results, and Carlo got the axe at the end of it.

2011: a stupid pre season in Asia, playing during storms, and against teams like Malaysia, Thailand, Portsmouth (we conceded a goal against Rangers). For me it was a pain to watch our games during pre season, fucking awful football, it was clear we needed new players, nothing happened in the transfer market, and it was also painful to wacth our football under AVB.

As you see, your memory is terrible. :tophat:

Pre season is a good indication of how the things are going to happen during the season, and I'm not only talking about results, talking abuout the potential of the squad, and how we play, and what kind of players are needed. Also nice to play in American summer against Milan, PSG and MLS All Stars than in rainy Asia against Thailand and Malaysia, it was a fucking awful decision last year based on market and not on football.

Wow, my memory is worse than I remember! :lol:

I guess the point I trying to make (vaguely) is I don't care much about the results in pre-season but more about trying new players and formations especially that we have numerous changes to our squad than the past season.

I've never looked forward to a pre season as much as i'm looking forward to this one. We finally seem to have a set of great young talent that can make it all the way. So excited to see Piazon, KDB, Lukaku, Marin, Hazard (, Moses?) and our youngsters like Josh and Kakuta back. These are hugely exciting times.

Not 100% but i think these will be the kick off times in the UK for the US tour.

Chelsea v Seattle Sounders - 2.30am

Chelsea v Paris St Germain - 12 Midnight

Chelsea v MLS All-Stars - 1.30am

Chelsea v AC Milan - 11pm

Not 100% but i think these will be the kick off times in the UK for the US tour.

You poor bastards! Think of us aussies and Kiwi's when your missing your beds.. LOL

Really? Fucking hell! Those are 4 nights I won't be sleeping in.

Really? Fucking hell! Those are 4 nights I won't be sleeping in.

For me they will start one hour later :( … But we are in summer holidays so it won’t be a problem going to bed a bit later. Normally I go to sleep at 2:00-2:30am so it won’t change much. Punto Pelota, a football tv program they do here in Spain which I normally watch, finishes at 2:30-2:45.