Hip Hop discussion

Aria

I dunno about classic @cosmin but it was damn sure crazy.

I finally had a chance to listen to it a couple times and I gotta say that sonically this album is insane. Maybe it's the haze and dre beats that's giving that extra boost.

FUTW is my favorite at the moment but when you hear that Crown bass.....oh my god. Whoever was on the keys for that needs to get an award. Can't wait for the whip treatment tomorrow.

I think, like Yeezus, it'll be quite a while before people realise how good this new Jay Z album is. I don't think it'll ever be a classic, but it is rather good. Good mix of his Mafioso ("F.U.T.W.") style and straight showing off which he's also one of the best at on "Somewhere In America".

I think if a few songs are removed, easily done in iTunes, this is really solid.

Btw - Whoever mixed Beyonce's vocals on this deserves a platinum plaque or something. Perfect.

I think, like Yeezus, it'll be quite a while before people realise how good this new Jay Z album is. I don't think it'll ever be a classic, but it is rather good. Good mix of his Mafioso ("F.U.T.W.") style and straight showing off which he's also one of the best at on "Somewhere In America".

I think if a few songs are removed, easily done in iTunes, this is really solid.

Btw - Whoever mixed Beyonce's vocals on this deserves a platinum plaque or something. Perfect.

Which songs would you remove ?

The only 2 tracks I'm not feeling at the monent are BBC and Oceans. I wish Beach is Better was longer tho.

Which songs would you remove ?

The only 2 tracks I'm not feeling at the monent are BBC and Oceans. I wish Beach is Better was longer tho.

I think BBC is great as a workout song.

Yet, I think that the best beat is the Tom Ford one.

• 2 weeks later...

Magna Carta was MUCH MUCH worse than Yeezus.... Also I need to state my protest for Kanye or Jay Z being considered Hip Hop....

Aesop Rock's "Skelethon" and Chamillionaire's "Elevate EP" both blow those out of the water. Yeezus at least had some good tracks. But that's it. Those rappers are all about the single. They don't have the smarts or talent to make an entire good record. But I'm willing to admit not many do as of late......

• 2 weeks later...

Been listening to a bit of Kayne lately. Never really liked him, but I do now!

Some of his lyrics are amazing. The song Homecoming for example, the way he personifies Chicago. Or the song Big Brother, letting Jay Z know that it's time to step aside and let Kanye take the podium, but thanking Jay Z for getting him to where he is.

Been listening to a bit of Kayne lately. Never really liked him, but I do now!

Some of his lyrics are amazing. The song Homecoming for example, the way he personifies Chicago. Or the song Big Brother, letting Jay Z know that it's time to step aside and let Kanye take the podium, but thanking Jay Z for getting him to where he is.

Good old Kanye before all the self serving ego massaging.