Hip Hop discussion

Aria

• 2 weeks later...

Kanye & Jay-Z's lead single to their collaborative album is out tuesday

H.A.M

Yeah, looking forward to that one. He announced it on his twitter. This could be the album of the year, Kanye's productions have been superb thus far.

powjC.jpg

11.1.11 <- Nice date for release

Also..

Local, Federal Task Force Formed To Pursue Leads Related To B.I.G's Murder

The 13-year-old investigation into the murder of rapper Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace has gained traction in recent months, as new leads are being pursued in an attempt to finally solve the case.

Sources told CNN's Anderson Cooper that a new task force of local and federal law enforcement agencies are pursuing leads related to the March 9th, 1997 slaying of Biggie outside of the Petersen Automotive Museum in downtown Los Angeles.

Police claim a lone gunman in a Chevy Impala rolled up next to a Chevy Suburban carrying B.I.G. and members of his entourage.

He was killed on the spot when the unknown gunman sprayed the passenger side with bullets in a scene eerily reminiscent of the slaying of Tupac Shakur six months earlier, on September 7th 1996, on the Las Vegas Strip.

Russell Poole, a retired LAPD officer who investigated the murders and wrote a book titled LAbyrinth: A Detective Investigates the Murders of Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G., the Implication of Death Row Records' Suge Knight, and the Origins of the Los Angeles Police Scandal, is sticking to the theory that Death Row Records boss Marion "Suge" Knight ordered the hit while he sat in jail on a probation violation.

According to Poole's theory, disgraced, former LAPD officer David Mack allegedly helped set up the murders, while one of Mack's friends, Amir Muhammad (a.k.a. Harry Billups), was the actual triggerman.

Mack, who is a member of the Bloods street gang, was released from prison in May of 2010, after serving 14 years for his role in a $700,000 bank robbery while he was a police officer.

The investigation into Tupac Shakur's murder in Las Vegas, is ongoing as well.

Yea, downloaded it a while ago..

FIRST I WAS LIKE............................................

tumblr_lel68wXJqe1qc5p4c.gif

THEN I WAS LIKE ............................................

168v6vm.gif

Hahaha, my reaction was very similar. I didn't know what to make of it at the start. Then it wowed me :P

Even Drake is hinting towards an album with lil wayne..

Nas & Damian have revitalized collab albums.

Yeah I saw that interview.. Won't be that good imo, Drake's selling out and Wayne's never been the same.

But you're right about Nas/Damien bring back the collabs - Mainstream wise anyway. Wu Tang will always be the ones who revolutionised the whole collaboration albums - Case & point: Wu Massacre