Hip Hop discussion

Aria

I originally owned this beat & hook. In fact, I still have it on my computer right here. The producer though, once finding out Saigon's interest in it, wanted to buy it back from me oddly and paid me double what I paid for it. I still have rights to use it though, just not exclusive now, obviously. Heh.

I produce for Lil B, that's why his beats are messed up.

Despite how much he's actually done in music, does anyone else feel that, almost ironically, 50 Cent is one of the most underrated rappers of all time? The amount he's done for the genre is incredible, and no one will ever capture that 'gangsta' persona like he did around GRODT.

Anyway, I bring this point up because I was going through his albums, from Power Of The Dollar, all the way up to his recent stuff. Now, something I noticed; The Massacre. Simply put, this was underrated. If any artist in history came out with this album as their debut, the hype, cock-sucking, everything would be incredible. It's just because GRODT was so successful and big that this album has been put in the shadow.

GRODT is probably the more 'fun' album, but I feel this one is more 'real'. It's more... lyrical. Baltimore Love Thing is just incredible. Most people don't even realise the song is about heroin and not a girl! That's on some Nas level shit!

Anyway, this song below didn't make it onto the final standard version of the album, and really is more like a mixtape single probably, but I love this (hate the remix). I first heard it at a 50 concert many years ago. He opened the show with it, was drunk, and threw his boxer shorts into the crowd which landed a few feet from me, showing his penis on stage (ew). Lloyd Banks then smoked a blunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9zexDMNXs

IMO, his GOAT line has to be - "I hate a liar more than I hate a thief. A thief is only after my salary, a liar's after my reality."

Again, it's like something Nas would write! (Just shows how incredible Nas is himself.)

Not an incredible line, but I make it his GOAT because it came before any of the major albums and was just to the point yet smart at the same time.

One of the most underrated hip-hop songs ever (Can't believe how fucking perfect on flow Mike is).

It's underrated because I don't think they released it on an album? Had it been on Hybrid Theory, it would have gone through the roof me thinks.

It's underrated because I don't think they released it on an album? Had it been on Hybrid Theory, it would have gone through the roof me thinks.

Yep, probably. Though, they released it on Unterground V.2.0 which also included My December, also a great LP song which has never received the attention it deserves.

Another brilliant hip-hop song by LP (One of their oldest, released it when they were known as Hybrid Theory)