test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aria

Hip Hop discussion

Started by Aria,

2,269 posts in this topic

Oh speaking of Nas.. What happened to the Lost Tapes 2?

Bigger Than Life.

Yea Dope track, that was on the marathon mixtape too.

Fans are starting a petition for the release of lost tapes 2. Def jam don't wanna release it, because it will be counted as one of the albums Nas owes to Def Jam as part of his contract. The folks at Def Jam probably feel that if Nas gets one album closer to his freedom, then it should be an LP filled with new material.

Fans are starting a petition for the release of lost tapes 2. Def jam don't wanna release it, because it will be counted as one of the albums Nas owes to Def Jam as part of his contract. The folks at Def Jam probably feel that if Nas gets one album closer to his freedom, then it should be an LP filled with new material.

Damnit. I hate when record labels do this, sabotage album/EP releases. Same thing with Lupe and his label too!

Greatest Live performance of all time.

Damnit. I hate when record labels do this, sabotage album/EP releases. Same thing with Lupe and his label too!

Indeed, J. Cole is going through similar shit with his album, Jay-Z has told him to fuck off and now redman & dre have signed him.

Rambo likes this

Indeed, J. Cole is going through similar shit with his album, Jay-Z has told him to fuck off and now redman & dre have signed him.

No way?! When did that happen :mellow:

can't wait for LASERS!

March 8th right? Will be epic!

The Show Must Go On was a great sampler to it. Empire State Of A Mind was a good mixtape he launched.. Will definitely buy Lasers though :)

Kanye & Jay-Z's lead single to their collaborative album is out tuesday

H.A.M

Yeah, looking forward to that one. He announced it on his twitter. This could be the album of the year, Kanye's productions have been superb thus far.

powjC.jpg

11.1.11 <- Nice date for release

Also..

Local, Federal Task Force Formed To Pursue Leads Related To B.I.G's Murder

The 13-year-old investigation into the murder of rapper Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace has gained traction in recent months, as new leads are being pursued in an attempt to finally solve the case.

Sources told CNN's Anderson Cooper that a new task force of local and federal law enforcement agencies are pursuing leads related to the March 9th, 1997 slaying of Biggie outside of the Petersen Automotive Museum in downtown Los Angeles.

Police claim a lone gunman in a Chevy Impala rolled up next to a Chevy Suburban carrying B.I.G. and members of his entourage.

He was killed on the spot when the unknown gunman sprayed the passenger side with bullets in a scene eerily reminiscent of the slaying of Tupac Shakur six months earlier, on September 7th 1996, on the Las Vegas Strip.

Russell Poole, a retired LAPD officer who investigated the murders and wrote a book titled LAbyrinth: A Detective Investigates the Murders of Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G., the Implication of Death Row Records' Suge Knight, and the Origins of the Los Angeles Police Scandal, is sticking to the theory that Death Row Records boss Marion "Suge" Knight ordered the hit while he sat in jail on a probation violation.

According to Poole's theory, disgraced, former LAPD officer David Mack allegedly helped set up the murders, while one of Mack's friends, Amir Muhammad (a.k.a. Harry Billups), was the actual triggerman.

Mack, who is a member of the Bloods street gang, was released from prison in May of 2010, after serving 14 years for his role in a $700,000 bank robbery while he was a police officer.

The investigation into Tupac Shakur's murder in Las Vegas, is ongoing as well.

Indeed.

Jay-Z always steps his game up on kanye beats. I suppose their album is going be the mainstream version of Distant Relatives. Hip Hop mainstream though, not pop mainstream.. if you know what i mean.

and yea i heard about that..

Lupe's first album was an overlooked Masterpiece imo.

Definitely, a classic! Which is why I've been waiting so much for Lasers. Hope it lives up to the hype..