Hip Hop discussion

Aria

If you haven't already I suggest everyone download Ab-Soul's mixtape Longterm Mentality, for those that don't know he's in the rap group 'Black Hippy' with Kendrick Lamar.

An example of his wordplay.. "I had faith in Hip Hop, before she met Biggie"

He loved rap before notorious big, big's wife's name just so happens to be "faith" which makes it a wonderful double entendre.

Dope beats...

Solid production all the way through this mixtape..

If you haven't already I suggest everyone download Ab-Soul's mixtape Longterm Mentality, for those that don't know he's in the rap group 'Black Hippy' with Kendrick Lamar.

Really, really liked this! More of a Euphoria was sick. The whole mixtape is dope, excellent lyricism from Ab-Soul!

New Lowkey album out today.

Sooo good. :toke:

Dope album.

Though tbh, when you leak your main tracks.. It sort of kills the hype. And I'm finding him a bit too repetitive lately in most/all his songs. Still dope tracks though!

Title: Toast To The Dead

Artist: Immortal Technique

Album: The Martyr

Download: Click

"J.Dilla's still alive as long as his music is, A toast to the dead for rap legends and pioneers"

Tech's back, with this deep track. Produced by J-Dilla (RIP). Great story behind this actually, Tech went and visited Dilla's Mum. He refused to even think of any lyrics before he got her blessing, he spit them in front of her too, to make sure she approved. Brilliant artist, not many other rappers would go that far.

He's dropping a new, free, album at the end of this month entitled The Martyr. Should be very good. His documentary will also go online soon, for public viewing, from what I hear, it's very good!

I just wanted to give a quick shout out here. I guess I am totally ole skool cause I still can recall the day back in the late '70s when my dad brought home that Rapper's Delight single from Suga Hill Gang. After hearing that cut, you can compare me to a crackhead's first hit, addicted for life ;) Anyway, I have seen the Rap game evolved to a Global phenomena. I been to Deutschland & checked out the scene there. Even in New Zealand, people are putting out Rhymes to cutz. So if you like East Coast, West Coast, Dirty South Stylez, keep it real & like Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force does, keep looking for the Perfect Beatali.gif

Title: Civil War (ft. Chuck D, Brother Ali & Killer Mike)

Artist: Immortal Technique

Album: The Martyr

Download: Click

This track is tooo much. Everyone went in. But the 2nd verse is incredible.. Classic track. Absolute classic.

Crip niggas, Blood nigga, eses, Asians

Why the fuck we warring with each other's population?

If you ever wanna dead all our population

People in ? nation, why the separation?

Why we got Jamaicans hating on Hatians?

When the British and French raped both nations

Mexicans and Blacks kill each other: straight hating

While the government profits from prison population

If you on the bottom, be you Anglo or Asian

You gotta understand the realness of what I'm saying

You gotta recognize another G at the enemy

When the police ride, they fear us frequently

We gotta make you see where the truth be

If you a G, then go and develop GD