Hip Hop discussion

Aria

:) This is perhaps the only T.I.s song I like and in fact it is not even his own idea. He bought it from Kanye.

SinineUltra: thumbs up

T.I's a very good artist, it depends if you like that Deep South stuff.

I have a good ear for it, artists like Bun B, Mike Jones, Chamillionaire & T.I. His album, No Mercy, was very good.

You're the first one to say that. To each his own I guess.

Why do you think there has been soo many 2Pac remixes and re-makes?.. because overall the production wasn't great.

Cole World: The Sideline Story is out (leaked). Amazing album, every rap fan MUST listen it.

Indeed! ... I'm listening right now

J. Cole - Rise & Shine

^ this may well be the greatest piece of music of all time.

Why do you think there has been soo many 2Pac remixes and re-makes?.. because overall the production wasn't great.

Indeed! ... I'm listening right now

J. Cole - Rise & Shine

^ this may well be the greatest piece of music of all time.

What are you on about? There are so many remixes because he is still THAT popular, he has very good lyrics and as he is dead, people "need" new songs. And his target group weren't teenagers who judge a song purely on its beat and don't even understand 99% of the metaphors and lyrics he sings. I'm not going to go into discussion with you but I'll tell you one thing, I don't need to agree with you to be right.

Hip-Hop needs to have good beats. You can give me a masterpiece with a shit beat, and I won't like it. I like Tupac's lyrics and his flow, but I hate the beats. I won't listen to him because of it. Is that hard to understand?

Go download the J. Cole album!

What are you on about? There are so many remixes because he is still THAT popular, he has very good lyrics and as he is dead, people "need" new songs. And his target group weren't teenagers who judge a song purely on its beat and don't even understand 99% of the metaphors and lyrics he sings. I'm not going to go into discussion with you but I'll tell you one thing, I don't need to agree with you to be right.

You may have a point, Im just tired of hearing the same verses used over and over again on different beats. Nas had Primo, Wu-Tang had RZA etc etc, a classic/perfect track never needs an overhaul. I've had conversations with 2Pac fans who prefer some of the Pac remixes to the originals, which lead to my production hypothesis.

Well yes, that is maybe the thing why 2Pac cant be listed as best rapper. Many beats from his early years are nothing special. Example: Runnin, Ghetto Gospel n their remixes. You could feel the emotions through his voice n lyrics, not also through the beat. Though, whole All Eyez On Me n 7 Day Theory sounds great, 10x times better on beats than his first projects.

Here are some examples of good beats catching the atmosphere:

For beats should be never released, check some of the old shits. Most of them sound the same.

EDIT: For me it was like Pac had no time to fuck with beats, he was like: Ima make 4 songs a day, give me some beats fast, Im still gonna kill it through the lyrics. He was workoholic, producing huge number of songs, but many of them sound non-finalised. Feel me?

Edited by Makaveli

J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story....

jcolesideline2.png

I was having doubts about the album after the singles, however they seem to blend well with the rest of the album, especially ‘In The Morning’. Which is testament to how well the album was sequenced. Cole stepped his production game up, his flow fits perfectly with the piano. The production on ‘Nothing lasts forever’ reminds me of Kanye’s ‘Blame Game‘. If I had to pick out a standout track it would be ‘Rise & Shine', a real signature J. Cole record, one the fans will be using as an example of his work for years to come. The experimental Jay-Z track was a big talking point, but I’d say Cole rapping solo on his own ‘signature’ beats overshadows his duets. This guy is a solo artist, look how many features Big Sean’s debut album had, he may as well form a group.

‘Initial’ rating: 8.6/10

Favourite tracks: God’s Gift, Sideline Story, Rise & Shine, DAAD III, Breakdown, Nothing Lasts Forever

Least Favourite tracks: Never told, Can’t get enough, Work out

Okay, let me introduce some of pure slovak hip-hop. This legendary group is called Kontrafakt. They made history. They made everyone listen rap in Slovakia. Started in 2001 with mega hit "Dáva Mi" and brought the era of hip-hop to everyone. They are also best in Czech Republic and Poland. Known well in Germany and rest of Europe, too. Their second album "Farewell kiss" from 2006 is just fucking unbeatable. It's like nothing will compare to this in next 100 years. Sold about 25 000 copies what is absolutely record here. If y all still don't believe me, they have a song with Nate Dogg (!) on this classic. First and last group able to work with world-class name. After this album, however, they fucked up or something, and Rytmus went on solo career and fucked up much. Started to ignore him after he copied some of Tupac tracks - Mama (Dear Mama), Keep Ya Head Up n others. He also started to use his famous quotes and shits. He is just moneybitchass now doing pop and dance music. I used to like Kontrafakt old shits, and still do, but it seems like this golden era is over. Ego ain't fucking with rap anymore, and Rytmus is retard. Gotta respect their old work and what they did here.

First videoclip is called "Life is fight"

This is "Farewell Kiss" single.