test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aria

Hip Hop discussion

Started by Aria,

2,282 posts in this topic

Yea that's why I hate him and all those today's rappers. Golden old-school :) For me it's like Tupac and others (Em, Game, Nas, Biggie, 90s..) and that's all

J. Cole is an old school rapper though, he's a cross roads between Nas & Jay-Z.

Go listen to Reasonable doubt, one of the greatest albums of all time.

Jay-Z > 2Pac

Agree about the album.

But you really think Jay-Z is/was better than 'pac?

LDN Blue: Great tracks, especially My Block. Gotta love it every single time I click on Play button.

This one is knocking on Pac's top five. Absolutely amazing

Can't close my eyes cause all I see is terror

I hate the man in the mirror

Cause his reflection makes the pain turn realer

Agree about the album.

But you really think Jay-Z is/was better than 'pac?

I prefared Pacs music and spirit, he was more wise. But Jay z has the best double/tripple meanings ever imo. Plus he had nice metaphors on regrets. For me Jay is better overall but it's people's tastes at the end of the day, more people would go for Pac I think.

Go listen to Reasonable doubt, one of the greatest albums of all time.

I agree with you on that album. Gotta rate it as high as Chronic, Ready To Die, Illmatic, Doggystyle, All Eyez On Me, Me Against The World...but Jay-Z overall is garbage n shit. His last albums are unable to listen, fucking illuminati shits

I prefared Pacs music and spirit, he was more wise. But Jay z has the best double/tripple meanings ever imo. Plus he had nice metaphors on regrets. For me Jay is better overall but it's people's tastes at the end of the day, more people would go for Pac I think.

I agree that Jay-Z has better rap skills. Biggie has better flow, best imo. Em writes illest rhymes on Earth. But Pac had one thing nobody gonna have in rap game anymore. That's why he is special one and greatest for me. Not as a rapper, but as a person overall.

My personal chart is like:

1. Nas

2. Eminem

3. Tupac

4. Biggie

5. Ice Cube

6. Big L

7. Game

more people would go for Pac I think.

Most of those would only name "Changes" as their best song & would not have heard most his songs :lol:

My top 5:

1. Tupac

2. Immortal Technique

3. Nas

4. Vinnie Paz

5. Akala

Most of those would only name "Changes" as their best song & would not have heard most his songs :lol:

I'd say most of them just heard Ghetto Gospel ft. Elton John in TV and they think they know Pac's music. By the way it's great version I can't understand why everyone blame on EJ's remix.

And to the Eminem: I couldn't stand what he's been doing since 2004 but I think he's back and got a brain again. Not Afraid is in my top ten, one of the best killuminati songs ever.

I'd say most of them just heard Ghetto Gospel ft. Elton John in TV and they think they know Pac's music. By the way it's great version I can't understand why everyone blame on EJ's remix.

I hate those people with a passion LMAO.

Like if you're going to rate Tupac, at least listen to all his real albums! 2Pacalypse Now was an amazing album, yet the amount of people who can't name is, staggering :fainthv9:

Yea feel you on this. 2pacalypse now is great great album. Gotta love how all those artists said they found an inspiration by listening to this album. It's like mother of albums :). For me his best album is Killuminati: 7 Day Theory. Absolutely dope.

I rate Jay-Z higher yes, Although 'the 7 day theory' is my favourite 2Pac album.

Never been a big fan of west coast rap though, East coast (Wu-tang/Nas) is more my taste.

Yeah yeah definitely a sick choice, I prefer 2pacalypse Now because it's the first haha

The best Posthumous album has to be Better Dayz though!

Makaveli.. do you have J. Cole's classic mixtapes?

Or do you discredit all new rap music...

Haven't got it yet. I listen to minimum of new rap music..I enjoyed Dr.Dre's 2 new hits, Red Nation and I'm listening much and supporting my cousin here in Slovakia:). I heard of J.Cole's mixtape and gonna get it. I wonder if it's worth listening

Never been a big fan of west coast rap though, East coast (Wu-tang/Nas) is more my taste.

Me neither. I don't like west coast lyrics, this 'gangsta thang'. Even if I love Dre's first album and Eazy-E songs.

I prefer the wise lyrics of the east cost.

Term-X likes this

I rate Jay-Z higher yes, Although 'the 7 day theory' is my favourite 2Pac album.

Me neither. I don't like west coast lyrics, this 'gangsta thang'. Even if I love Dre's first album and Eazy-E songs.

I prefer the wise lyrics of the east cost.

Nah, I get what you guys mean. But most of 'Pac's shit wasn't about West vs East. The stuff he spit prior to Death Row was dope, before the whole stuff with Biggie. That's why I rate 2Pacalyse Now so highly because it wasn't about that.. Straight struggle stuff innit