Hip Hop discussion

Aria

:lol: bloody hell!

Are the Beastie Boys good? Heard talk of them, never actually heard them?

The music playing in that short film was the beastie boys, so you just heard them. %28Y%29.gif

Personally (from their early work) I would group them with Run DMC, if you know what I mean.

Haven't had a hear yet, I'll check it out soon.

And yeahh I think I know what you mean.. I'll take a listen in a bit.

In other news, heard about this? http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/04/29/chiddy-bang-rapper-breaks-worlds-longest-freestyle-record/

9hours 16minutes & 22seconds :fainthv9:

Haven't had a hear yet, I'll check it out soon.

And yeahh I think I know what you mean.. I'll take a listen in a bit.

In other news, heard about this? http://rapfix.mtv.co...eestyle-record/

9hours 16minutes & 22seconds :fainthv9:

Nice bit of promotion for Chiddy Bang, it's a shame they haven't released an album yet. I thought the buzz from the mixtapes would have done it by now.

Nice bit of promotion for Chiddy Bang, it's a shame they haven't released an album yet. I thought the buzz from the mixtapes would have done it by now.

Exactly! I really hope they're working on it, they're a real talent & an album would prove that to everyone.

Speaking of albums, I'm waiting very keenly for Royce & Em's! I'm a bit confused about why they've named it something that they've already dropped :S

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely! A classic for me..

Detox will have a lot to live up to, because right now My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy had been one of the best produced albums, imo, since Chronic 2001

Indeed.

In fact.. I was looking back at my review of kanye's album, and i'd still stick by my words after hearing bits of detox.

http://forum.talkche...bum-discussion/

Yeah, will agree to that still.

But Dre will always surprised us.. No-one expected Chronic 01 to be what it was when he dropped it. Not writing him off yet, but if he doesn't drop it this year, he's going to miss his hype.. Big time.

LMAO! So many artists have tried that shit now! Swizz is the latest to try I think.. None of them have had the success that Kanye can boast! It's a shame they still boo Kanye in places when he does guest appearances and shit.

People like that are sheep of popular opinion. They aren't booing his music, they're boosing the VMA outburst. I couldn't give a fuck about sh*t like that, especially when he released that dope album!

LMAO! So many artists have tried that shit now! Swizz is the latest to try I think.. None of them have had the success that Kanye can boast! It's a shame they still boo Kanye in places when he does guest appearances and shit.

People like that are sheep of popular opinion. They aren't booing his music, they're boosing the VMA outburst. I couldn't give a fuck about sh*t like that, especially when he released that dope album!

Exactly.

He's a musician, so judge him on his music, the ‘celebrity’ status comes secondary.

You gotta be joking me, Dark And Twisted Fantasy in my opinion was a big letdown, it was over produced and forced lyricism. ''Get so much head sleepyhollow''... give me a break.

Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001 wasn't 'wu-tang', 'nas - illmatic', super lyrical stuff either. That's not the point.

was over produced

I'll give you the point about lyrics but overproduced?

The production was perfect! The whole album was a story, each track linked from the previous to the next. Each individual track was unique, structured & flowed well!