Hip Hop discussion

Aria

Pinnacle of 'mainstream' Hip Hop?, you say that like it's a bad thing. Nas was mainstream.. Pac was mainstream.. Biggie was mainstream; these guys were never Immortal Techniques. Kendrick now has 2 classic albums under his belt and Section 80, soon his catalogue is going to start rivalling the legends.

Problem is that todays mainstream is totally different from the 90's and early 00' mainstream. But come on, with how things are going he will never be Nas' or Biggie level.

It's a matter of opinions wich we can discuss but at the end it's just that, opinions.

I like GKMC alot but TPAB hasn't touched me.

And since you mentioned Immortal Technique, Why the fuck isn't he blowing up?

It's a matter of opinions wich we can discuss but at the end it's just that, opinions.

QFT

Pinnacle of 'mainstream' Hip Hop?, you say that like it's a bad thing. Nas was mainstream.. Pac was mainstream.. Biggie was mainstream; these guys were never Immortal Techniques. Kendrick now has 2 classic albums under his belt and Section 80, soon his catalogue is going to start rivalling the legends.

Classic? It hasn't even been out for a month, keep your dick in your pants.

I much prefer UK Hip Hop to American. Jehst, Skinnyman, High Focus, Dead Players, LDZ etc. Jam Baxter is a big favourite at the moment. Anyone agree?

Please ours is the best :D

I like GKMC alot but TPAB hasn't touched me.

That's how I felt too. When I first listened GKMC I was like "oh my god let's listen to again now". I really want to love TPAB but I can't. It's not bad but it's not for me. One might say I didn't understand or I'm not smart enough to get it but I think it's the matter of taste.

For me, he has already surpassed many of his predecessors. Like Biggie and Jay.

That album was ass, I've been a J cole fan since he dropped the Warm up and Born sinner was awful.

What? I think it's one of his best albums.

Please ours is the best :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Vaz9jW054

That's how I felt too. When I first listened GKMC I was like "oh my god let's listen to again now". I really want to love TPAB but I can't. It's not bad but it's not for me. One might say I didn't understand or I'm not smart enough to get it but I think it's the matter of taste.

Taste. It's not hard to understand and you surely don't have to be a genius to understand it.

What? I think it's one of his best albums.

FHD is his best album. His first two albums were meh.

Wale's new album is the biggest surprise!!!! I thought it'd end up being my sleeping pill replacement but instead it's now my pre-workout replacement!

TOTIH makes me want to learn to chop & screw, I love that Southern sound and Wale has done it better than a lot of Southern artists -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG698ILCqSM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54zo8aNNSNY