Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Was wondering about that, too.

_______ Cech

Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Cole

____ Essien, Mikel

______ Lampard

Anelka, Drogba, Malouda

Ramires to come on for Lamps after 60 mins and Kakuta to come on for Anelka after 80 mins.

that could well be the starting formation

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any way, I guess for our four next games Carlo gonna line up the same team than against West Bro. Except one or two replacement (Ivanovic for Ferreira and maybe Ramires for Mikel).

And Carlo will not make experiments, then no one young will start a game.

So the starting eleven will be :

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - A.Cole

Mikel

Essien - Lampard

Anelka - Drogba - Malouda

subs : a GK - Zhirkov - Kakuta - Sturridge - Benayoun - Kalou - Ramires

To the sixtieth, Ramires come in. For Lampard if he's still not in fitness, otherwise for Mikel.

And if we win : Kakuta for Anelka and Sturridge for Drogba.

Any way, I guess for our four next games Carlo gonna line up the same team than against West Bro. Except one or two replacement (Ivanovic for Ferreira and maybe Ramires for Mikel).

And Carlo will not make experiments, then no one young will start a game.

I agree with you here, this will be an incredibly close and sensitive season, he won't experiment at the start. Maybe when we're 2-0 or more up to the 60th he can bring on one future prospect (Sturridge/Kakuta). But I can't see Carlo fielding players younger than 23 years in the starting line-up in the Prem or Champions League.

I agree with you here, this will be an incredibly close and sensitive season, he won't experiment at the start. Maybe when we're 2-0 or more up to the 60th he can bring on one future prospect (Sturridge/Kakuta). But I can't see Carlo fielding players younger than 23 years in the starting line-up in the Prem or Champions League.

Agreed, I have no doubt Carlo will stick with his strongest and most consistent 11 up until we get some carling cup and FA Cup matches. We might see some younger players get a run in a home game if we are in a comfortable position.. Although i believe Sturridge needs to play ahead of Anelka...

Agreed, I have no doubt Carlo will stick with his strongest and most consistent 11 up until we get some carling cup and FA Cup matches. We might see some younger players get a run in a home game if we are in a comfortable position.. Although i believe Sturridge needs to play ahead of Anelka...

Easily ahead of Kalou, no doubt. I'd rather pick Anelka ahead of Studge because of the experience and the way Anelka helps the team. But I can't stand Kalou coming on every match instead of Sturridge...doh.gif

Easily ahead of Kalou, no doubt. I'd rather pick Anelka ahead of Studge because of the experience and the way Anelka helps the team. But I can't stand Kalou coming on every match instead of Sturridge...doh.gif

I don't know about that one.. Sure Kalou's finishing leaves little to be desired, but i think his pace is the key. With more experience i think Kalou can be dangerous. Anelka tends to slow the ball down on a fast break. If we could get some real speedsters in there, i think we could be terrifying. Arsenal have shown the amount of points that can be scored on a fast break, and there players ain't half as talented as ours...

I don't know about that one.. Sure Kalou's finishing leaves little to be desired, but i think his pace is the key. With more experience i think Kalou can be dangerous. Anelka tends to slow the ball down on a fast break. If we could get some real speedsters in there, i think we could be terrifying. Arsenal have shown the amount of points that can be scored on a fast break, and there players ain't half as talented as ours...

Yeah he has crazy pace, but he's had like 4 years to prove himself now and he can't even get ahead of Anelka which is pretty sad cause Kalou's in the perfect age for a footballer right now. He runs straight into the next defender when he receives the ball...

He's good for us in Carling Cup matches, but he's way to expensive for that. Just look at Barcelona or United and just imagine Kalou being there... I don't think he'd ever play a match there.

My team would be this...

Cech

Ivanovic -- Alex -- Terry -- A.Cole

Mikel

Essien -- Lampard

Anelka -- Drogba -- Malouda

Subs: Turnbull (GK), Ferreira, Zhirkov, Benayoun, Ramires, Kakuta, Sturridge

I feel that subs bench has a decent amount of talent, and should be brought on for at least the last 25 minutes of the game. Ramires should come on for Mikel, and give us a bit of speed in midfield should we need it. I don't recommend introducing him in the starting eleven. Maybe if we're a goal or two up, and 60 minutes comes up, then bring him on.

Sturridge and/or Kakuta should come on as well. I think they deserve a run-out at the beginning of the season. Bayern are sniffing around Kakuta I've heard so it will be important to show everyone he deserves a place in the side.

IF... Lampard isn't fit, then I'd like to see how Essien and Ramires can get on as a midfield unit, lots of speed and power between them. I really do hope they can gel together. Kalou should fill the void on the subs bench.

if true, Ramires for a more attacking role and Mikel playing or Matic to replace Lampard, both not bad options!

See Sturridge or Anelka to replace Drogba, but i fucking pray and hope that Kakuta plays!

They should make the subs bench I think. I see us lining up as:

________________Cech_______________

Ivanovic______Alex_____Terry______A Cole

________________Mikel________________

_____Ramires/Benayoun___Essien________

Kalou___________Anelka_________Malouda

Subs:

Hilarious, Ferriera, Lampard, Drogba, Ramires/Benayoun, Kakuta