The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Yeah, I've heard that about Australia. "Fuck off, we're full!" :P

I just have a problem with people who use faggot and gay as an insult and then say they have no problem with gays blah blah. Faggot and gay clearly hold negative connotations lol. "You're gay" meaning you're stupid or whatever; that has its effect on people. It equates being gay with something bad.

I get your point, but usually when I say it and when I said gay previously I meant Spike was unmanly, not that he was stupid or something else bad that people may associate with gays. And sometimes I will say similar things (especially in portuguese) more as a habit of speech than to really offend or having the intention to be homophobic. Much like when I say "oh my God" or "for Christ's sake" and I'm an atheist. I agree it's not the ideal choose of words and they carry cultural prejudices in it, but some habits die hard, also I don't think it is casual homophobia if you didn't have in mind offending that group.

@Ankit, you are young and obviously not met the woman who will make you want it all. Luckily you have lots of time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yup, i certainly hope i am lucky enough to find a woman whom i can spend my rest of my life with but it's way too early for me right now!

You'd be shocked over here then. Nobody is really extreme racist over here (they aren't extremists that go around like the KKK, none of that stuff) but the casual racism, sexism, and every other ism is very apparent.

For instance it isn't weird for a person to say very racist and offensive things about let's say Indians but at the same time have several friends that are Indian.

but why the Aussie hate on Indians? lot of our people killed over there past few years

Anyone else having the problem of thinking about multiple options how to structure a sentence and then ending up writing a completely pointless mixture of all of them down? Happens way too often...

Haha yes. I tell you what else bamboozles me often is when I'm writing a post and nature call's and I spend a good hour 'potting the brown' to come back and read the complete bollocks I have been constructing...

:wacko:

Haha yes. I tell you what else bamboozles me often is when I'm writing a post and nature call's and I spend a good hour 'potting the brown' to come back and read the complete bollocks I have been constructing...

Dude, i don't know what type of snooker you are playing, but your doing it wrong :D

:lol:

I started writing 4 articles today and deleted all of them after I had taken a break. Every single time. It's frustrating and probably even more so than usually as I'm suffering from my worst writer's block in months.