The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Mourinho favours Premier League

"How am I going to worry when so many people have something to say about me? There isn't one interview that doesn't mention me in the Spanish press," he told GOL T. "Imagine if I was concerned about it."

He added: "I think that Real Madrid cannot have a coach with no track record. I have won two Champions Leagues and six league titles in different countries. I have won 17 titles in total. There were many doubters when I got here. Real Madrid cannot have a coach without status or prestige and he must be given room to work with."

"The joy of my job and career is that it has allowed me to coach in Portugal, then England, then Italy and now Spain. It makes me a much richer coach than one who has always managed in the same place and in the same culture," he said.

"I prefer England. I think that in Portugal, Italy and Spain there are some fans who prefer the day before and day after a match rather than the match itself."

Many believe Mourinho is the most likely successor to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, and he confirmed he has a strong bond with the 68-year-old. "Among all the coaches in football, I can say he [Ferguson] is my best friend," Mourinho said.

Source - Soccernet

Personally I think it'd be fantastic to have Jose back in England. The Premier League misses a character like him.

Anybody feel sorry for De Jong now? I know it was an awful challenge, that he didn't need to make. But the boy's only human for god's sake! My rant comes after Marseille said they're making a claim.

How does one ever establish that such challenges were made with an intent to injure? It can't be determined. I've looked at the De Jong tackle and I've to say it doesn't look like he's gone in to injure Ben Arfa. Yes it's two footed and all that but IMO it's clumsy and ill-judged more than malicious. That being said, he's wrong to not offer an apology.

he has a record of being a thug. he kung-fu kicked alonso in the chest in the wc final!!

he has a record of being a thug. he kung-fu kicked alonso in the chest in the wc final!!

Yup that was intentional, you could see it. But it's dangerous to assume that someone is a certain way just because he has acted that way in the past. I still don't think the Ben Arfa thing was malicious in the sense that he'd made up his mind to split the guy's leg in two. Horrible tackle, sure. Intentional and malicious - not so sure.

Yup that was intentional, you could see it. But it's dangerous to assume that someone is a certain way just because he has acted that way in the past. I still don't think the Ben Arfa thing was malicious in the sense that he'd made up his mind to split the guy's leg in two. Horrible tackle, sure. Intentional and malicious - not so sure.

Exactly!! Okay, the Xabi Alonso one was intentional but let's not forget.. He was playing in a World Cup Final! Tensions were running high there were many many fouls in that game so let's forgive him, he was only 24 when he played.

The challenge on Ben Arfa, yes it was unneeded and early in the game. But he went in to win the ball not break Ben Arfa's leg, no player ever intends to do it. I'm sure De Jong's learnt from this now, I'm sure being dropped from the dutch squad has given him a reality check and we have to forgive him and let him prove he's learnt from his mistakes.

Nah i dont really hope gets his leg broke but definitely does need to relax a bit, everyone loves a player who gets stuck in but he goes a bit to far if he would of done that to one of our boys we would be going mental.