test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Manuf

The Pub - Discuss Anything

Started by Manuf,

28,655 posts in this topic

My reasoning is similar, but a little different. If my watch is on my writing had then it my wrist sits on it while I write which isn't comfortable.

My daughter who writes right handed wore hers on her right until last fall. She switched it to the left because the girl that sits on her right in several classes would constantly touch her watch and play with the light and buttons (it's a sports watch). MacKenzie decided to switch her watch to the other wrist before she got in trouble for being rude to the little brat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is MacKenzie your daughter's first name? Isn't MacKenzie usually a family/last name? It's an American cultural thing to use common last names as first name, right? It's very common in Australia for someone to have a last name with the prefix 'Mac' or 'Mc' but I don't think I've ever met someone with a first name starting with it.

Yes, it was a last name and still is, we have friends with the same last name. I am not sure when the shift to using surnames as first names occurred in the US. MacKenzie is not a family name for us, we like it for it's Scottish origin and with the two parts it gives her a few choices for nicknames. At home she is usually called Mac because it is the first part of her name and her initials are MAC.

Last names starting with Mac or Mc are Gaelic in origin and the Mac or Mc means "son of". To is similar to the origin of names like Johnson or Thompson in English, literally when last names were starting to be used the person was John's son or Thom's son.

Haha, yeah that's a pretty good reason for your daughter to shift it to her left hand! Some kids are just born to annoy others! :P

This the girl drives Mac crazy all the time. I am proud of Mac that she hasn't retaliated in any way.

Like 9?

%23%23%237.jpg

I'm pretty sure that number 5 is wrong :lol:

How is it wrong? Square root of 9=3. 3!=6 ; 6-1=5.

What did i do wrong here? :ph34r:

One would do 9! first instead of finding the square root of 9. (√9)! is what you're doing instead of √(9!).

post-6387-0-60077700-1368167297_thumb.jp

CHOULO19, Spike, Ankit and 1 other like this

MacSting

Hmmmmmmmmm ..... Nice nice!

Shen me?

About the watch on your right hand, my husband says it so he can remember the sign of the cross in Mass:

To quote him: " spectacles, testicles, watch, wallet"

Most right handed men keep their wallet in a pocket on the same side of their trousers.

One would do 9! first instead of finding the square root of 9. (√9)! is what you're doing instead of √(9!).

Pretty sure the factorial is outside the square root! Or it should be! :P

Oh dear! Having a great read about how to recover from a knee injury and clicked onto the last page and what do i get?!

Anyway, anyone going to any festivals this year or have been to some?

karaclouds likes this

Oh dear! Having a great read about how to recover from a knee injury and clicked onto the last page and what do i get?!

Anyway, anyone going to any festivals this year or have been to some?

I've been to Lollapalooza with @Rmpr.

@Stingray, a Pearl Jam fan? :)

Rmpr likes this

Oh yes! How was that?

IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME. Unfortunately I couldn't attend the day Pearl Jam was going to play. But The Killers was absolutely fantastic, so I ain't complaining.

Of course i was an adolescent in the nineties ...

Pearl Jam

Faith No More

Jane's Addiction

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Not into Nirvana?

Ow wow .... How could I forget. Bleach, Smells like , .... Awesome.

I wish I was ten years older just to have lived the 90's as a teenager.

Oh dear! Having a great read about how to recover from a knee injury and clicked onto the last page and what do i get?! Anyway, anyone going to any festivals this year or have been to some?
i went to Glasto a feww years back best expereince ever. saw the killers they were the highlight of the festival