The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Sometimes it is good man, it takes us out of our comfort zone! :D

It also doesnt mess up with the degree, since that will be in English anyways...

Okay, let's see if I can explain the US college University scheme a little better for you

Degrees:

Associates degree: 2 years of college level courses,for most things not ver useful but some things like nursing, EMT, paramedics, medical lab tech, basic accounting, general office or manufacturing jobs it is enough

Bachelors degree (only called undergraduate when you are in school or have a higher degree) is a four year program of study

Masters is a 2 year degree that you complete after your masters ( sometimes called a graduate degree) example: MBA is a masters degree in business

Doctorate: if done after your bachelor's will take at least 4 years and as many as 7 depends on the subject. Less if you have a Masters

PhD is a doctorate in Philosophy and is the generic designation for most fields of study.

MD is a medical doctorate

DMV is a doctorate in veterinary medicine

There is a special designation for a doctorate in Law, Theology, and Education... And probably some others.

For example my business card would say some thing like: Kerry Camp, MAT, BChE, B.S. because I have a Masters of Arts in Teaching and two Bachelors degrees one in Chemical Engineering and one in Science (Biology) but it doesn't list my minors or degree specialization.

@Choulo, living in a country where you are not proficient in the language is not so bad and gives you a lot of incentive to learn the language

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks, Kerry. That helps a lot :)

You're welcome :) I have been through the process often enough that I understand it very well and now end up advising a lot of our students who are interested in US schools since I am more familiar with them (especially the non-private ones that our guidance counselor favors). Personally, I don't see why you should spend $50, 000 US per year for a university when there are good schools that are not that expensive especially if med school or grad school are in your future. Save your money for that big name (Harvard, Yale, etc) for the degree that will ultimately get you your job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We don't get the name Chelsea Rent Boys for nothing.....

You know in New York just 'Chelsea Boy' is slang for a homosexual male? It's because there is a suburb there with a high gay population and guess what it's called.

There is even a comic strip about Chelsea Boys, it's gay satire or something.

You know in New York just 'Chelsea Boy' is slang for a homosexual male? It's because there is a suburb there with a high gay population and guess what it's called.

There is even a comic strip about Chelsea Boys, it's gay satire or something.

I don't have the slightest clue. I'd imagine someone like Zolayes or Fulham Broadway would have more knowledge of it....Not because they're gay, because they're old timers!

Okay, let's see if I can explain the US college University scheme a little better for you

Degrees:

Associates degree: 2 years of college level courses,for most things not ver useful but some things like nursing, EMT, paramedics, medical lab tech, basic accounting, general office or manufacturing jobs it is enough

Bachelors degree (only called undergraduate when you are in school or have a higher degree) is a four year program of study

Masters is a 2 year degree that you complete after your masters ( sometimes called a graduate degree) example: MBA is a masters degree in business

Doctorate: if done after your bachelor's will take at least 4 years and as many as 7 depends on the subject. Less if you have a Masters

PhD is a doctorate in Philosophy and is the generic designation for most fields of study.

MD is a medical doctorate

DMV is a doctorate in veterinary medicine

There is a special designation for a doctorate in Law, Theology, and Education... And probably some others.

For example my business card would say some thing like: Kerry Camp, MAT, BChE, B.S. because I have a Masters of Arts in Teaching and two Bachelors degrees one in Chemical Engineering and one in Science (Biology) but it doesn't list my minors or degree specialization.

Thanks a lot Kerry! :D

What do you say about University of Michigan and Cornell?

I blame you for commenting on Jakes photo's. Stop stalking the top gun!

But I did not! :blink:

I think I gave it a like, but I didnt comment anything (if I remember correctly)...

EDIT: I did. :lol: