The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Nonsense. Atlantis had technology at least on par with the Roman Empire. I see little evidence suggesting Lebanon has reached that level.

HAHAHAHA, mean Spike returns!

That is more like it, the cool one was already getting boring...

Meanwhile, I'm gonna need a BMW speed boat to get to my classes!

I forgot people do stuff in January (I always do nothing in January)!

What's the difference?

The mean Spike posts ironic funny messages.

The cool Spike posts nice stuff and useful conversation.

While you were building those 'things' the Romans built the pyramids and the great wall of china.

Big nosed Italians>> Crazy country

Yeah, well if you listen to my high-school history teacher, we reached America before Columbus, invented trading and the alphabet (this one is actually true). All Italy has is a bunch of handsome men with long penises.

Yeah, well if you listen to my high-school history teacher, we reached America before Columbus, invented trading and the alphabet (this one is actually true). All Italy has is a bunch of handsome men with long penises.

Well my people invented the portable esky so we get our drink going on the move.

And the dual flush toilet. You're welcome, cunt.

Well my people invented the portable esky so we get our drink going on the move.

And the dual flush toilet. You're welcome, cunt.

Meh. You Aussies are just fake Brits with fake accents :P

I have my finals in 2 weeks, do you mind doing them since you're not doing anything now? :P

Mate, look at where I am and ask me again...

24vs7td.jpg

2i90z94.jpg

The only reason I didnt go to the beach with the rest of my friends is becasue my GF does not like sand (so stupid) and I would not leave her alone.

I don't know about Finland but I do know that Japan has the highest suicide rates in the world

Yeah, Japan's one of the leading nations for committing suicide. It's even the main cause of death for people under the age of 30 there, IIRC.

Sure. Like Spike posted, Japan and a bunch of other countries have even higher rates but they do it for different reasons than our lot. Here everything is supposed to be great with one of the best education and healthcare systems in the world, not to mention them being completely free for everyone, no matter what your family's wealth or social status is. No one has to live on the streets because the government gives free money to people without jobs to get them back on their feet so one could assume everything is quite well here. In reality no one is ever happy and people have a shitload of problems with alcohol and other drugs and then they go and kill themselves when it gets even really depressing in winter time. I remember reading somewhere that the vast majority of suicides in Finland happen during those 4 months of the coldest and darkest winter period, so I'm not even making this sht up. :lol:

Can't wait till I graduate and find a job somewhere else, shouldn't even be a problem with the supposedly world class education we have here.

I remember, after the PISA exams last year politicians here in Austria would tell us that, in general, people in Finland are very happy with their lives, mainly because they've had such a good education at school :lol:

This whole suicide topic is still a taboo subject here, for example, it has never ever been discussed in my class at school which IMO is absolutely ridiculous.

I remember, after the PISA exams last year politicians here in Austria would tell us that, in general, people in Finland are very happy with their lives, mainly because they've had such a good education at school :lol:

I bet none of them have even visited this country, let alone ask the people who actually live here if they're as happy as they seem to think. :lol: