test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Manuf

The Pub - Discuss Anything

Started by Manuf,

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

maybe people have a goddamn life outside of reminiscing about the 1974 league cup in EVERY single section of this forum

Yes I/m always going on about the league cup final between Man City and Wolves. Seeing as this is the second time I've posted in five months I think that's a slight exaggeration if only you posted so infrequently. Anyway can you post some more pancake recipes it would be so like totes amazeballs if you did you hun.

8 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Yes I/m always going on about the league cup final between Man City and Wolves. Seeing as this is the second time I've posted in five months I think that's a slight exaggeration if only you posted so infrequently. Anyway can you post some more pancake recipes it would be so like totes amazeballs if you did you hun.

You can post on anything you whish in a non football forum and I think 99.99% us will not only not critique it so harshly as you just did, but will welcome your contribution

do you really hate Japanese pancakes that much? (I m having a laugh there Iggy)

I don't dislike you at all, all I ask is some open-mindedness and sheesh, why make my posts the symptomatic focal point of whatever you don't like? 

95% of my posts are about footie (including old school shit)

I post a lot of music

and occasionally toss some au courant things in here (The Pub)

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

See the source image

no, just well spoken when I chose to be, especially in response to condescending bitterness

here does this make you feel better?

15 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I heard there was a massive row in a pub in Millwall today about the pros and cons and of Chesterfield chairs. Apparently someone was attacked with a Millwall brick at Everton today but after reading this section of the forum the attackers had the good grace to use a copy of Harper's Bazaar  

:D Come back Iggy - me n UJ miss your posts

11Drogba likes this

On 2019. 03. 16. at 10:43 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

But it got me thinking -Social Media is so quick to take down any football stream/.goal that infringes the football money men, yet livestream murdering 50 people and its easily found and shared.

Got you thinking, but what's the conclusion? Do you think there's a conspiracy? I have a friend who was a soldier in Afghanistan and he told me after the video that there is no f.. way that this guy have no gun-history at all, no random dude who plays with FPS kills like that.

I never look for football streams in social media, I don't know how much they shut them down, but lasttt weekend's attacks took like 12-13 minutes.. Facebook has billions of users, each of them can live stream, so it's impossible to track everyone down that quick.

3 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Got you thinking, but what's the conclusion? Do you think there's a conspiracy? I have a friend who was a soldier in Afghanistan and he told me after the video that there is no f.. way that this guy have no gun-history at all, no random dude who plays with FPS kills like that.

I never look for football streams in social media, I don't know how much they shut them down, but lasttt weekend's attacks took like 12-13 minutes.. Facebook has billions of users, each of them can live stream, so it's impossible to track everyone down that quick.

The premier league can disappear a YouTube video of that days goals quicker than the babysitters boyfriend when a car pulls up. Of course the bloke has gun history -have they said he hasn't ?

The horrible thing is kids have been sharing the video at school..... once seen you can't unsee it.

19 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The premier league can disappear a YouTube video of that days goals quicker than the babysitters boyfriend when a car pulls up.

That's not the same. They have algorythms which track down licensed stuff automaticly. It's like Premier League coverages had a watermark can't be seen nor heard but YouTube knows in the moment you upload it. Facebook have billions of users, each of them can stream live. This was a random dude making a live video with his phone, no licensed stuff, they have only shut it down buy a human moderator. But after something is uploaded and then downloaded by some people it cannot be stopped from spreading. :( Saw it too.

19 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Of course the bloke has gun history -have they said he hasn't ?

Yeah, he had guns purchased leagally, but he was a personal trainer who travelled a lot - and my friend meant serious gun history, like military.

Tarrant travelled a lot - he visited Hungary too last year - and it looks like even his family is clueless about what he did in these years. 

manpe likes this

15 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

That's not the same. They have algorythms which track down licensed stuff automaticly. It's like Premier League coverages had a watermark can't be seen nor heard but YouTube knows in the moment you upload it. Facebook have billions of users, each of them can stream live. This was a random dude making a live video with his phone, no licensed stuff, they have only shut it down buy a human moderator. But after something is uploaded and then downloaded by some people it cannot be stopped from spreading. :( Saw it too.

Yeah, he had guns purchased leagally, but he was a personal trainer who travelled a lot - and my friend meant serious gun history, like military.

Tarrant travelled a lot - he visited Hungary too last year - and it looks like even his family is clueless about what he did in these years. 

Still what a fucking loser eh ? I reckon he has Small Man Syndrome to something so cowardly. 

Or do you think it was OK ?

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

You can post on anything you whish in a non football forum and I think 99.99% us will not only not critique it so harshly as you just did, but will welcome your contribution

do you really hate Japanese pancakes that much? (I m having a laugh there Iggy)

I don't dislike you at all, all I ask is some open-mindedness and sheesh, why make my posts the symptomatic focal point of whatever you don't like? 

95% of my posts are about footie (including old school shit)

I post a lot of music

and occasionally toss some au courant things in here (The Pub)

You could try to be a bit more positive though my sweet lady. A lot of your posts in recent times remind me of those doom-mongers on the streets yelling "the end is nigh!" It might be true but it's still depressing to get slapped in the face with truth bombs regularly. I know our current state is dire, but, you know, having it repeated daily is not gonna change that unfortunately. :( 

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Or do you think it was OK ?

Obviously not, I strongly reject and judge any hate related actions, especially horrors like this. The only violence I like is when Chelsea trashes their opponents :):) So Europa League this year.

Vesper and Fulham Broadway like this

2 hours ago, manpe said:

You could try to be a bit more positive though my sweet lady. A lot of your posts in recent times remind me of those doom-mongers on the streets yelling "the end is nigh!" It might be true but it's still depressing to get slapped in the face with truth bombs regularly. I know our current state is dire, but, you know, having it repeated daily is not gonna change that unfortunately. :( 

The poster was having a go about my Japanese pancakes and other non foot ball posts in here in the pub, which I think is silly and biased.

That said,

I will try and not be so repetitive with the negativity. If you parse out most of them, they are actually offering solutions and thw negative part only comes in from what could be bad consequences if nothing happens on terms of corrective action.

Really good example of this dichotomy is the non-deferral of the transfer bans. I actually think we have a great shot at winning the appeal at CAS and having a summer 2019 window. The negative side is my fear of what will happen if we do get it and do little with it.

manpe likes this

Just purchased tickets to the UEFA Women's Champions League Final to Budapest. Never been to a ladies game, not even follow it, but I thought why not, also it was really cheap.. It's gonna be in the same stadium where Chelsea faced Vidi last december.

Do you think Chelsea can reach the finals? I see they'll face PSG in the quarterfinals. I have no idea about power rankings :/ There is PSG, Barcelona, Bayern, Lyon, Wolfsburg, Slavia Praha and LSK.

Myspace lost all the music its users uploaded between 2003 and 2015

Over 50 million songs are gone.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43460

A large chunk of the Myspace archive has been lost. 

Reports have been circulating on Reddit blogs  and social media that 12 years worth of data uploaded between 2003 and 2015 is no longer accessible due to a "server migration project." At least 50 million songs were uploaded by 14 million artists over the period. 

A grey bar at the top of Myspace's music pages reads, "As a result of a server migration project, any photos, videos and audio files you uploaded more than three years ago may no longer be available on or from Myspace. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest that you retain your back up copies." 

Myspace was the dominant social media platform in the late 2000s and became a de facto music hosting platform for many artists and labels. After being purchased by News Corporation and losing ground to emerging services like Facebook, its value and user base plummeted, leading to a joint purchase from Specific Media Group and Justin Timberlake in 2011. Another period of struggle lead to another sale to Time Inc. in 2016, which itself was acquired by Meredith Corporation last year. 

https://boingboing.net/2019/03/17/facebook-is-next.html

It's been a year since the music links on Myspace stopped working; at first the company insisted that they were working on it, but now they've admitted that all those files are lost: "As a result of a server migration project, any photos, videos, and audio files you uploaded more than three years ago may no longer be available on or from Myspace. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest that you retain your back up copies. If you would like more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Dr. Jana Jentzsch at DPO@myspace.com."

Yeah, apparently they don't have a backup.

Someday, this will happen to Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. Don't trust the platforms to archive your data. The Internet Archive will host anything freely distributable, for free, forever, and they have mirrors of their servers in California, Egypt and Amsterdam. They're a mission-driven nonprofit supported by philanthropists, foundations, and small-money donations (I'm an annual donor).

Unionjack likes this

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Myspace lost all the music its users uploaded between 2003 and 2015

Over 50 million songs are gone.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43460

A large chunk of the Myspace archive has been lost. 

Reports have been circulating on Reddit blogs  and social media that 12 years worth of data uploaded between 2003 and 2015 is no longer accessible due to a "server migration project." At least 50 million songs were uploaded by 14 million artists over the period. 

A grey bar at the top of Myspace's music pages reads, "As a result of a server migration project, any photos, videos and audio files you uploaded more than three years ago may no longer be available on or from Myspace. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest that you retain your back up copies." 

Myspace was the dominant social media platform in the late 2000s and became a de facto music hosting platform for many artists and labels. After being purchased by News Corporation and losing ground to emerging services like Facebook, its value and user base plummeted, leading to a joint purchase from Specific Media Group and Justin Timberlake in 2011. Another period of struggle lead to another sale to Time Inc. in 2016, which itself was acquired by Meredith Corporation last year. 

https://boingboing.net/2019/03/17/facebook-is-next.html

It's been a year since the music links on Myspace stopped working; at first the company insisted that they were working on it, but now they've admitted that all those files are lost: "As a result of a server migration project, any photos, videos, and audio files you uploaded more than three years ago may no longer be available on or from Myspace. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest that you retain your back up copies. If you would like more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Dr. Jana Jentzsch at DPO@myspace.com."

Yeah, apparently they don't have a backup.

Someday, this will happen to Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. Don't trust the platforms to archive your data. The Internet Archive will host anything freely distributable, for free, forever, and they have mirrors of their servers in California, Egypt and Amsterdam. They're a mission-driven nonprofit supported by philanthropists, foundations, and small-money donations (I'm an annual donor).

The biggest shock in that piece of news is that Myspace still exists, wtf... Didn't it vanish around the time when Orkut did?

Vesper, Unionjack and Laylabelle like this

4 hours ago, manpe said:

The biggest shock in that piece of news is that Myspace still exists, wtf... Didn't it vanish around the time when Orkut did?

Omg MySpace!!! Used to love it. Some funky background as you do.. Some random song... Old what's his face Tom Tim whichever it was... Memories lol. 

23 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Omg MySpace!!! Used to love it. Some funky background as you do.. Some random song... Old what's his face Tom Tim whichever it was... Memories lol. 

Really dislike all social media sites.

Robchels and 11Drogba like this