The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Hey guys, I need a song for my graduation party. I'm thinking about some AC/DC... maybe Highway to Hell or You Shook Me All Night Long, any suggestions?

On a serious note, Highway to Hell. When's your party?

Ever wondered why you're single?

I imagine you to be like Tamwar out of Eastenders. I know you won't know who he is, have a little Google xoxo

Shutup

I'm only single because I can't get involved in a relationship for a number of reasons right at the minute. This wasn't the case a couple of years ago but I'm really not in the right mental state. This is a very, very unstable period in my life - I'm changing every day and still trying to find out who I am. I also have no job and no money - just going out with friends is a scrap for me. A girl on top of that? I'd be broker than Leeds United. I've got a load of worries at the moment, earth shaking shit like planning for my future and trying to set some shit up, things that will take up 100% of my attention. The last thing I need is a girl to compound those because somebody was talking to somebody on Tinder or some other small time bullshit. Recently I was intimately involved in another relationship because I was very, very close friends with both the boy and the girl - it ended utterly acrimoniously, and because I was so closely linked, I had to pick up the pieces, which has completely put me off for a while. Do you know how fucking difficult it is to spend half the time playing the divorced child and the other half a marriage counselor? I don't want that shit right now. The single life is one that suits me.

There was a girl a few months back where money wouldn't have been a problem (and this was before I became amongst other things a functioning marijuana addict, a manic depressive, and had all these personal issues to sort out), but that was never going to work because I wasn't in the country throughout the summer and some other guy got in before me. And in retrospect I was a lot stupider and more immature last year - now with the benefit of hindsight I realised it would have been a horrendous relationship. We come from entirely different worlds. Her and her friends are the most boring people I've ever met. And I would have felt like I had to put a power limiter on my brain whenever I was spending time with her. I need somebody who's got roughly equal intelligence to me, not some booksmart nerd who'd whip anybody's arse on a test but when it came to actually thinking proved to be as dull as a statue.

What do you think's happened to that girl he was infatuated with but no longer talks about?

I don't know, I haven't seen her again since first year uni. I didn't murder her but somebody in her arch-conservative Somali family probably honour killed her and her 7 ft boyfriend by now or some such. Dodged a bullet there

Today is My 1 Year Anniversary on Forum TalkChelsea since I First Joined on Wednesday 21 August 2013 - NZST and Today is Thursday 21 August 2014 - NZST.

Yesterday was my second year anniversary here too, I had forgotten.

@Barbara, just saw this and thought you might like:

IMO it beats Sir Jeffers by an inch.

awww it's so cute! Thanks for sharing this time :P

The Karaoke part lol, it reminded me of me and then of you, hahahahahaha. Will I really have to go to JP to fix it or you'll get your friends to finally go?

awww it's so cute! Thanks for sharing this time :P

The Karaoke part lol, it reminded me of me and then of you, hahahahahaha. Will I really have to go to JP to fix it or you'll get your friends to finally go?

HAHAHAHA. I don't know about the karaoke, but I'm definitely playing that song in a duet with some female friend of mine when I'm back.