The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

That isn't misogyny. It isn't hatred or fear or women. It is sexist I'll give you that, but misogynistic. Sexism is often misogynistic or misandric/misandrist (what is the word for that?) in nature but in this case it isn't. Every one at one stage or another is guilty of objectifying another person as a sex object, you have, I have. Don't deny it. But I refuse to believe the times I have objectified women was misogynistic in nature. Maybe if you take it a step further and have a man that always, and I repeat always treats women like a sex object than I will concede that it is misogynistic in this case.

You can't rate someone's attractiveness objectively full stop, mate. It's subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

pls

It's alright Kate, i'll be there for you.

If you ever have to read about the comments made to you in the pub on TC about you being a 6.75 out of 10 i am available for comforting sessions.

For the record i would like to say seeing as i know you are reading this that i think you are mega fit and would be happy to be with you in spite of the dodgy hip to waist ratio. I mean someone has to take one for the team.

Yours sincerly,

Hutcho.

Talking of marriage and seeing as the thread is already de-railed - I got married at the weekend ;)

It was amazing - hired a marquee and had Dodgems and a carousel along with a double decker bus converted into a children's playground thingy :)

I don't have kids, but all our friends do - so we kept them happy and they loved it :) Dodgems were ace - best £2k I have ever spent ;)

So good luck to Choulo & Barbara ;) - guess they're now known as Baroulo or ChoBar ;) x

Congrats mate. :blue scalf:

-----------------------------------------

Am i correct in seeing that RMPR the belgian devil has stolen my sig.

Admittedly i stole it of google but still thats not the point. I think thats a bannable offence. Choulo i trust you will swing the banhammer with swift and merciless vengence. :D

EDIT: Just remembered Rmpr is now a mod. Wow this corruption runs deep.

It's misogynistic if you consider treating women as sex objects as misogyny, and frankly, evaluating somebody with such stringent criteria entirely based on physical features is objectification.

Assigning numerical values to rate the attractiveness of somebody is ridiculous. This is a human being not a car, there are far more complex factors that decide attractiveness than a series of hip to waist ratios or whatever. You can't rate somebody's attractiveness objectively until you meet them in person and/or get to know them well.

We were talking about her looks. Other factors doesn't come into evaluation when we're speaking about physical attractiveness. Of course there's more to it than that in the real world. But you'd expect better physical assets from someone so overly regarded as one of the hottest woman in the planet.

And out of my league or not, I don't fancy her and wouldn't hit on her in a party, Mr. Grumpy.

tumblr_mscn75y1nC1sqh4m0o1_400.gif

Stop it.

I'm serious. Not trying to be controversial for the sake of it. There are lots of people who don't find her a big deal either. I wouldn't refuse to have sex with her if she wanted to, but I wouldn't actively pursue it either.

loool. We have it but the other way round " ناقصة داعش".

No, actually what you call "خطوة" we call "دعسة" in Lebanese. So "دعسة ناقصة" is Lebanese for "faux pas". So I meant it as a joke to say "دعشة ناقصة" instead of "دعسة ناقصة" because داعش are involved.

Wow, that is A LOT less funny after I explained it! :P

No, actually what you call "خطوة" we call "دعسة" in Lebanese. So "دعسة ناقصة" is Lebanese for "faux pas". So I meant it as a joke to say "دعشة ناقصة" instead of "دعسة ناقصة" because داعش are involved.

Wow, that is A LOT less funny after I explained it! :P

loooooooooooool. I got it now :)

I'm now officially in my final year at uni! :D 13 months ago I felt like quitting and didn't believe I could do it all the way. I'm so grateful that it's happening now despite all the circumstances.

Always believe, people.

I know that feeling.The first year and final year are always difficult.