The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I ain't jealous, in Brazil we pay a shitload of taxes and we get nothing in return but the satisfaction of knowing we're financing our corrupt politicians retirement with all our money being diverted to their banking accounts in the Cayman Islands or wherever they hide 'their' money these days. Yay :getin:

At least I got my university for free by beating a few thousands of people in the entrance exam.

I ain't jealous, in Brazil we pay a shitload of taxes and we get nothing in return but the satisfaction of knowing we're financing our corrupt politicians retirement with all our money being diverted to their banking accounts in the Cayman Islands or wherever. Yay :getin:

At least I got my university for free by beating a few thousands of people in the admittance exam.

Corrupt bastards are everywhere, mate. People are going crazy here in Denmark at the moment, because of a documentary revealing how easy it is for individuals to avoid paying taxes in Denmark. Many local banks even offer services in relation to tax evasion. <_<

Really hope they do something about it, considering that 40 % tax is a bigger part of a small income household, than someone who earns millions every week. :rolleyes:

Beer. Fuck your beer, Carlsberg and Tuborg!

Thats not beer! This is:

bhb01.jpg

LeffeR.jpg

duvel-commercial.jpg

wm-imhr-prod7.jpg

media_xl_5185908.jpg

Nom nom nom :Goober:

Indeed. Heavy taxation is the prime income. Also cars are expensive AS HELL because of tariffs. Not that I particularly mind paying taxes, but up to 50 % is a little too much IMO.

Indeed: + 50% here as well. Though I do believe the strongest shoulders should carry the heaviest load. The problem is free riders though.

Corrupt bastards are everywhere, mate. People are going crazy here in Denmark at the moment, because of a documentary revealing how easy it is for individuals to avoid paying taxes in Denmark. Many local banks even offer services in relation to tax evasion. <_<

Really hope they do something about it, considering that 40 % tax is a bigger part of a small income household, than someone who earns millions every week. :rolleyes:

I doubt it is as bad as in Brazil. Things are just unreal here. I imagine if you guys had it like we have it in here you lot would be in the streets burning everything down by now. I know I would if I weren't alone. PS: tax evasion is also 'a thing' in Brazil. Even I have done it a couple of times. And I'll probably do it another couple of times. I know for sure I won't buy a Playstation 4 for about 1,800 dollars.

Thats not beer! This is:

bhb01.jpg

LeffeR.jpg

duvel-commercial.jpg

wm-imhr-prod7.jpg

media_xl_5185908.jpg

Nom nom nom :Goober:

Indeed: + 50% here as well. Though I do believe the strongest shoulders should carry the heaviest load. The problem is free riders though.

They're starting to sell some belgian beers here in my city. I've already come across a few of them like Duvel. Still haven't bought any though.

They're starting to sell some belgian beers here in my city. I've already come across a few of them like Duvel. Still haven't bought any though.

Send me their names and i will tell you if they are good!

Duvel is a bit of a bitter beer, blonde, 8°, heavy, impossible to drink 10 in one hour (we have bets on that in bars here lol), very good if you cant shit - WILL fix that problem, and you get 'black out' drunk real fast, especially if you drink it while it is warm outside ...

Awesome beer - won the best beer in the world award once

Send me their names and i will tell you if they are good!

Duvel is a bit of a bitter beer, blonde, 8°, heavy, impossible to drink 10 in one hour (we have bets on that in bars here lol), very good if you cant shit - WILL fix that problem, and you get 'black out' drunk real fast, especially if you drink it while it is warm outside ...

Awesome beer - won the best beer in the world award once

Next time I'll take some pics for ya ;)

Hmmm ... Thats the downside: we do it by being the most heavily taxed country out there ....

Tough, aren't the salaries high regardless, there are a lot of perks (like free health services) plus the income ratio to food/clothes etc is still better than majority of the world? There has to be a reason why I haven't met an acrimonious dane, belgium citizen before! :)

Can't have my say in beer choices etc - not a drinker so I know very little. :(

Tough, aren't the salaries high regardless, there are a lot of perks (like free health services) plus the income ratio to food/clothes etc is still better than majority of the world? There has to be a reason why I haven't met an acrimonious dane, belgium citizen before! :)

Can't have my say in beers choices etc - not a drinker so I know very little. :(

Hahahahahahah, believe me, bitter Danes exist. LOADS OF THEM. Salaries are high, but again that decreases our ability to compete with other nations whom have lower salaries.

I too believe the biggest shoulders should carry the biggest load. All the way.

Politically ... Angry Belgians galore. More than 30 % very right wing these days because of the crisis and it is splitting up the country (the southern french speaking part is poorer and profits more from the solidarity system which creates ... trouble)

Salaries are high, but again that decreases our ability to compete with other nations whom have lower salaries as well. E.g We have a lot of car factories closing down these days because they ship out to low wage - third world countries.

It is all a matter of perspective really. Belgium has been without gouvernement for 589 days in the middle of the crisis and that has actually saved us lol. We did nothing and that was the better option, really.

Politically ... Angry Belgians galore. More than 30 % very right wing these days because of the crisis and it is splitting up the country (the southern french speaking part is poorer and profits more from the solidarity system which creates ... trouble)

Salaries are high, but again that decreases our ability to compete with other nations whom have lower salaries as well. E.g We have a lot of car factories closing down these days because they ship out to low wage - third world countries.

It is all a matter of perspective really. Belgium has been without gouvernement for 589 days in the middle of the crisis and that has actually saved us lol. We did nothing and that was the better option, really.

LOL.

Yeah, here we also see a severe split in political camps. More ultra right and more ultra left. Dangerous indeed :(