The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I have an iPhone 4 16GB that I bought when I travelled to the US last year. And I also have an iPad 4 64GB that I bought last month on Ebay! :P

Apple fanboy...

I get the need for iPads as they're the best tablets around, but you couldn't pay me to own an iPhone. HTC and even Samsung are so much better, imho.

I get the need for iPads as they're the best tablets around, but you couldn't pay me to own an iPhone. HTC and even Samsung are so much better, imho.

They are, but the Apple products just work, they give you zero headaches. That is why I bought a 'simple' iPhone 4 of 16GB when the iPhone 5 was already around...

All I do in my phone is listen to music, text, take ocasional phoos, surf the web now and then and play the Angry Birds and Infinity Blades of life. And because of that, iPhone seemed the best option for me. All that I do doesnt require much, I pretty much use 30% of what it has to offer, so I am very pleased with it.

My father and some of my friends all have Galaxy phones and, Geeez, the S4 is a fucking beast. I would love to have a phone like that, but I just know I wont take advantadge of what it has to offer and things will only get more complicated to organize and get to know my wat around Android. So it is not worth to spend crazy amounts of money in something that wont improve my life.

Now, the iPad is a whole other issue. It trully is a maical device, I am completely in love. I thought I would never need a tablet, but my iPad is utterly useful and I use it everyday (especially at USP). It makes everything more personal and easy and I dont have to carry my 15 inch bulky laptop up and down the campus...

Ah I said that just to annoy you guys! Normally I would blame the Germans, but that ship has sailed really.

Sorry :-)

I blame Belgium for WW1, if you guys had allowed Germany to go through your territory to invade France, Brazil wouldnt have lost to France in 1998! :P

They are, but the Apple products just work, they give you zero headaches. That is why I bought a 'simple' iPhone 4 of 16GB when the iPhone 5 was already around...

All I do in my phone is listen to music, text, take ocasional phoos, surf the web now and then and play the Angry Birds and Infinity Blades of life. And because of that, iPhone seemed the best option for me. All that I do doesnt require much, I pretty much use 30% of what it has to offer, so I am very pleased with it.

My father and some of my friends all have Galaxy phones and, Geeez, the S4 is a fucking beast. I would love to have a phone like that, but I just know I wont take advantadge of what it has to offer and things will only get more complicated to organize and get to know my wat around Android. So it is not worth to spend crazy amounts of money in something that wont improve my life.

Now, the iPad is a whole other issue. It trully is a maical device, I am completely in love. I thought I would never need a tablet, but my iPad is utterly useful and I use it everyday (especially at USP). It makes everything more personal and easy and I dont have to carry my 15 inch bulky laptop up and down the campus...

Glad that you didn't come up with 'Oh, android sucks, Samsung suck, Apple rule' kind of a post! 98% of the people get wound up so easily when you talk to them about the other OS. You talk to a Android user, you get all the hate for Applle, you talk to an Apple user, you get all the hate for Android.

I am an Android user just to clarify.

Glad that you didn't come up with 'Oh, android sucks, Samsung suck, Apple rule' kind of a post! 98% of the people get wound up so easily when you talk to them about the other OS. You talk to a Android user, you get all the hate for Applle, you talk to an Apple user, you get all the hate for Android.

Same thing with me .. I have a business, so I need it to work and I need it to work seamlessly together. And I need it to keep working.

So An Ipad was brilliant (i do my presentations with it and all), put movies on it, it is my meme database (lol 30 gigs or something) and love it to death. I also do photography so there is the Imac and a laptop (macbook pro). All powered by a 3 terra timemachine annex Wifi that backs everything up brilliantly and automatically. It all syncs beautifully really.

The hassle free-ness of Apple is priceless for me. I am done with fooling around with Windows (which I was good at btw :-)

But indeed the S4 is wow - but it would be overkill for me. Windows phone sucks btw :-) Iphone I just like a lot, its nice, responsive, quality and my kids love all the apps (the fight over an iphone or ipad to play games can be quite fierce here).

That is true, it is the Mac x Windows of the 21st century!

But what people need to learn is that not everyone think the same and not everyone value the same things or even need the same things.

I know the iPhone was the best choice I could make (due to the reasons stated above), but that doesnt stop me from recognising Android is more powerful an gives you more freedom, even though it is in the expense of fragmentation and lots of complicated things.

Both have advantadges and disadvantages. You got to learn what each has to offer and decide for yourself if you prefer Android or iOS, without imposing it to others. People who act so balck or white dont know how much they are missing in life.

The same applies to the ridiculous Xbox One vs PS4 trend that is going on right now!