The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I might have a mild, innocent, platonic crush on you just because you're too cute. Don't tell my bf - although it's a totally innocent thing. It's some sort of friend zone mixed with teddy bear zone :P

Teddy bear zone? LOL :lol:

Teddy bear zone? LOL :lol:

yeah... the zone where I want to go all Elmyra Duff and squeeze you (and please tell me that there isn't any slang where squeeze isn't hug really tight)!!! How creepy does that sound? :lol: It's a milder thing as I said, so that would be just hug you - but seeing your posts with Michele I'm aware you're not a hug person, so it's a good thing I'm across the globe? You're too cute! I wouldn't resist hugging you :P I had a friend like that and I hugged him a lot because he was too cute. During college nonetheless although I didn't meet him there. He's one of the friends I had that I mentioned some time ago that I shared my bed with and all we did was sleep :P miss him

:lol: as I had no idea of the name of the character in English I went to wikipedia and because of my not-so-small teeth I've got nicknamed Lilica (Babs Bunny) through all my childhood - and I liked it - and currently tons of people calls me Babs (English speakers). Such a coincidence! That's too funny

What the fuck is going on with this site? Why are the members who were active about 6 months ago contributing less?

And why was Spike made a mod when more mature members (TorontoChelsea for instance) haven't? If it's simply because they're online more than I think it's a bad decision.

It seems as though the more active mods are all roughly the same age (18 - 24) which seems to have coincided with more petty squabbles and less informative, interesting posts from more mature members.

If the plan is to turn this site from TalkChelsea into TeenChelsea then that's fine because it's the owner's choice. But tell us so that we know it's going to be a more petty site where admin staff like Choulo are going to make threads attacking other members without any fear of punishment.

Why does it matter how old a person is?

What the fuck is going on with this site? Why are the members who were active about 6 months ago contributing less?

And why was Spike made a mod when more mature members (TorontoChelsea for instance) haven't? If it's simply because they're online more than I think it's a bad decision.

It seems as though the more active mods are all roughly the same age (18 - 24) which seems to have coincided with more petty squabbles and less informative, interesting posts from more mature members.

If the plan is to turn this site from TalkChelsea into TeenChelsea then that's fine because it's the owner's choice. But tell us so that we know it's going to be a more petty site where admin staff like Choulo are going to make threads attacking other members without any fear of punishment.

You've come to the wolf's den with this post, but all in all I agree. There is a lot of drama staff could have avoided but chose not to and this is what deters older, more mature members away and isn't doing much good for the general forum's population. I know a counter argument will be that this is an international forum and everyone has freedom of speech and so on, but if this forum chooses to be a closed circle where only certain type of people are accepted than there will always be a negative atmosphere around here.

Cheers for addressing this matter even though you might be laughed off like Kojo was, who might have taken it to a personal level in the end with a few members but his points were valid.

Edit: I fall into the age bracket TOPTB mentioned - aka ' younger viewer' so it's not like I'm an 'old fart' having an agenda. :)

Why does it matter how old a person is?

Because with age comes maturity and maybe even a bit of wisdom (I'm not there yet but I hear it happens).

I don't dislike Spike but I can think of half a dozen other members who I think deserved this type of responsibility more than he did, but probably weren't considered because they're not active contributors in threads like this one. Like I said, it's not up to me but the owners of this site.

But if they want this site to become a certain type of thing then they should just tell us.

You've come to the wolf's den with this post, but all in all I agree. There is a lot of drama staff could have avoided but chose not to and this is what deters older, more mature members away and isn't doing much good for the general forum's population. I know a counter argument will be that this is an international forum and everyone has freedom of speech and so on, but if this forum chooses to be a closed circle where only certain type of people are accepted than there will always be a negative atmosphere around here.

Cheers for addressing this matter even though you might be laughed off like Kojo was, who might have taken it to a personal level in the end with a few members but his points were valid.

Don't think I've posted in this particular thread before, so that 'wolf's den' analogy is probably quite accurate :D .

I don't agree with Kojo on everything, but he's always posted interesting stuff. It seems like this whole forum is becoming very cliquey where certain people have carte blanche to say what they want whereas others don't, and then get shouted down if they do pipe up.

Like I said, owner's choice. But there's a reason why the posters who contributed such good stuff when I signed up don't post as much now - if the mods want to think that's down to me then they can ask me to leave.

yeah... the zone where I want to go all Elmyra Duff and squeeze you (and please tell me that there isn't any slang where squeeze isn't hug really tight)!!! How creepy does that sound? :lol: It's a milder thing as I said, so that would be just hug you - but seeing your posts with Michele I'm aware you're not a hug person, so it's a good thing I'm across the globe? You're too cute! I wouldn't resist hugging you :P I had a friend like that and I hugged him a lot because he was too cute. During college nonetheless although I didn't meet him there. He's one of the friends I had that I mentioned some time ago that I shared my bed with and all we did was sleep :P miss him

:lol: as I had no idea of the name of the character in English I went to wikipedia and because of my not-so-small teeth I've got nicknamed Lilica (Babs Bunny) through all my childhood - and I liked it - and currently tons of people calls me Babs (English speakers). Such a coincidence! That's too funny

:lol: Like I said, I'm fine with the hugs and even the squeezing as long as they're virtual and not real :P I'm an introvert, I need my social and emotional bubble:

BubbleBoy1.jpg

What exactly is a "younger view"?

The only place to be made very good points

What exactly are "mature" members, then? Does that make the others immature? :lol:

i dont think theres too much a problem with the age of posters -ie Liquidator, We hate Scouse and others are all good posters.

There is a problem with whole threads near enough being absolute shite. There are probably two irregular posters now from 2005 out of 100 + that have gone because of the drivel.

I managed to get a bachelor degree by studying 24/7 2 weeks prior to the exams. Wouldn't recommend it though, I forgot at least half of what I learned.

And those study weeks are absolutely aweful, seriously :)

That's what I did for the second year of my degree (last academic year). I don't think it'll work this year though. I'm not averse to work - in fact I have a very good work ethic - my issue is that throughout my academic career I've always been able to bank on my ability to perform in exams, having put only 50-60% in over the rest of the year. As I say, I've got to break that run this year.

Well, it didn't look hideous in your "mugshot"! And you're welcome!

They were photoshopped! :P:lol:

No seriously, it looks worse from the side:

LOL we will agree to disagree! We are after all our own worst critics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This place has genuinely missed your presence, Tom. Time to have more fun again - as long as it's in General Chat though! :lol:

I had a long while to think mate. I do believe maturity is a different animal than humor, a different aspect of a behavioural repertoire. We need to combine both and so will I.

But here, this place is the uncharted waters, where freedom should be the rule. The only one.

So let's have some fun in here :-)