The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I managed to get a bachelor degree by studying 24/7 2 weeks prior to the exams. Wouldn't recommend it though, I forgot at least half of what I learned.

And those study weeks are absolutely aweful, seriously :)

So what you're saying is that the way I've been studying all my life is wrong?! I'm shocked :o

They were photoshopped! :P:lol:

No seriously, it looks worse from the side:

2013_01_20_18_34_26.jpg

2013_07_21_11_03_47.jpg

Nour, you're too cute for words, the more I see of you, the more convinced of that I am.

This thread made me laugh so much now, you guys are all awesome. I'm back to loving The Pub - I guess I was too cranky to appreciate it :P

Late - but not pregnant - let me give my two cents.

I don't drink at all - except a tiny glass of liqueur here and there (Sheridans for the win) and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Most of my friends say I'm naturally drunk, that I say all kind of nonsense without a drop of alcohol, so maybe that's why I don't miss it.

My first major - for some reasons that only happen in Brazil - our campus was in the mall. So can you imagine how many classes I skipped? I never studied for the tests, I couldn't draw to save my life (I studied Advertisement with emphasis in Marketing and a minor in psychology) or create a movie or whatever. Still I passed with straight A's and B's throughout the whole thing. I partied hard - even without drinking and not being a fan of one night stands (had boyfriends throughout most of my years in college although two of them were long distance relationships). I took a break from studying in the middle of college because I told my mom I had been doing that since I was three, and then I resumed it and got my major. I was 22 then.

When I was 29 I decided I didn't want to work with serious people, deadlines, stupid employees and such, so I decided to study what in Brazil we call Pedagogy - I found in English there isn't such a thing (except the word) - but that's what one studies to teach kindergarten and elementary school. I missed more classes than I took part, I didn't study for my tests, I didn't party hard because I was already married, but it was cool.

In both experiences I've met tons of people, I had the time of my life and I didn't take things too seriously - but I wasn't completely careless either, of course. I made crazy stuff in my first major. Our parties were the craziest ones - Advertisement students are the worst in Brazil - and I had the time of my life with no alcohol, no drugs and almost no sex (in the parties). But that was the lifestyle I chose to have (even though I wasn't a Christian then - because sometimes people associate this kind of mild behavior with religion, with me that wasn't the case). I don't drink because I don't like how it tastes, if I liked I would have, I didn't do drugs because I was never curious or excited about it - if I was I would have at least tried. The sex thing is overrated. The amount of sex you have during college, work, high school all depends in the kind of person you are. I was always a girl who liked to have boyfriends instead of one night stands, so when I wanted to have that kind of fun my bf was there for it. I wouldn't change a thing and although I love studying (in theory as I rarely open my books and I sort of have photographic memory for lectures and speeches) two major and a specialization is enough. See what works best for you. Economy is probably more demanding than the light majors I took - I miss History of Art classes - so maybe you'll need to dedicate more than I did. Just don't fret over everything. It ruins the whole thing.

milan.cech it must have been 'fun' :lol:

congrats on being a mod, sweetie. You're one of the most amusing people I've ever come across the many forums I've taken part in nearly ten years. Cheers! btw won't they open a thread to welcome you to the team? You totes deserve a thread :P

@Weckerz, @Dion, that's also the only way I've studied throughout my whole life. I remember sometimes I went straight from the parties to class to take exams. I didn't drink or did the other stuff, but I danced until I dropped. I love dancing. As I didn't drive back then, I remember one day, 7am I was dressed in my night club attire and I took the bus straight to the exam. The looks I've got - priceless.

Indulge me further. What would happen...?

Well in countries like KSA you could go to jail or get caned (yes that is an actual legal punishment there!). Here it would something more interesting like having all the girl's male relatives come after you with guns and RPGs. Fun, right? :D

Wow, thanks. I just literally blushed for real :blush:

I might have a mild, innocent, platonic crush on you just because you're too cute. Don't tell my bf - although it's a totally innocent thing. It's some sort of friend zone mixed with teddy bear zone :P

What the fuck is going on with this site? Why are the members who were active about 6 months ago contributing less?

And why was Spike made a mod when more mature members (TorontoChelsea for instance) haven't? If it's simply because they're online more than I think it's a bad decision.

It seems as though the more active mods are all roughly the same age (18 - 24) which seems to have coincided with more petty squabbles and less informative, interesting posts from more mature members.

If the plan is to turn this site from TalkChelsea into TeenChelsea then that's fine because it's the owner's choice. But tell us so that we know it's going to be a more petty site where admin staff like Choulo are going to make threads attacking other members without any fear of punishment.

Perhaps, you should stop sniveling & accept the fact that younger views are desired here ?