The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Btw guys/girls, I'm starting college tomorrow! Any tips for a freshman?

Study hard, Find time to relax, make good friends, and make sure to call your mom at least twice a month (if you don't live at home!) for something other than money, she'll appreciate it!

Have fun, if you can study abroad and do an internship, research project, or co-op in your chosen field. Learn another language and take at least one class just because it is something you always wanted to learn about! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So the other night, I got a girl's number. I usually remember parts of the night, so usually I have something to go off, some common interest or something. But I don't remember a fucking thing and I want to fu talk to her again.

wut do

Text her anyway, what's there to lose?

Like bimft said go for it, at worst you have a new friend

Text her anyway, what's there to lose?

I was going to anyway. I always do, it's just that I don't know what to say without being a total creeper.

Try "hi just found your number, apparently we met the other night. It's a bit of a blur for me, but we must have hit it off enough to exchange numbers. Would you like to meet for a coffee and see if how it goes?"

Study hard, Find time to relax, make good friends, and make sure to call your mom at least twice a month (if you don't live at home!) for something other than money, she'll appreciate it!

Have fun, if you can study abroad and do an internship, research project, or co-op in your chosen field. Learn another language and take at least one class just because it is something you always wanted to learn about! :)

Thanks! I'll stay with my mom so that part I got covered. Really appreciate the rest though!

Try "hi just found your number, apparently we met the other night. It's a bit of a blur for me, but we must have hit it off enough to exchange numbers. Would you like to meet for a coffee and see if how it goes?"

I could try that in a few days. I'd like to find my wallet before making any plans.

I was going to anyway. I always do, it's just that I don't know what to say without being a total creeper.

Tell it was one of your friend's birthday and you all had a bit too much to drink and you don't remeber some details of your conversation, and ask her if she can tell what did you two talk about, but not just in general, details and shit. Take it from there and hopefully you "succeed"

@, Here is some advice from me to you:

• Go to your classes no matter how boring or pointless they are. Even if you aren't learning anything you can always meet new people.
  • Carefully plan out when you want to get drunk/high/stoned/whatever because if you don't you can land in some very hot water.
  • Be organised when it comes to uni work. Nothing is worse when you are late for assessment, classes and due dates.
  • Not everyone is a partier, so don't be surprised if some of the people you meet never want to have drinks or anything.
  • It helps to be outgoing and the initiator. I was always shy and apprehensive, till around the last year or so. Now I try to be friends with everyone. Even if it doesn't work all the time, it's good practice.
  • Go to end of semester parties. GO GO GO.

Ahhh nice, thanks a lot Spike

1st point - I can't skip classes because I studied science in high school but now I'm going to economics, can't really afford to miss the theoric classes.

2nd - I only plan on drinking pre-exam season

3rd - Biggest challenge for me. I'm a huge slacker and have never been organised

4th - Kinda used to that, but when I get my car it'll be a lot easier to have some fun

5th - I do have that problem, not because I'm shy, but because I really don't like meeting people

6th - Ain't missing those!

I could try that in a few days. I'd like to find my wallet before making any plans.

What happened to your wallet?

It was a birthday party and not just any birthday party but a 'bare ware' party. A night that started with me wearing pajamas but many *ahem* substances were consumed and eventually I was walking around in one sock, two shoes and a pair of underwear. Naturally this doesn't leave many areas for a phone and a wallet. Luckily I was aware enough to give me wallet to my friend who then placed it in a cupboard. I thought it was lost but my mate just dropped it off about twenty minutes ago.

I hate to say it because it sounds overly cheesy bit I'm such a hopeless romantic. People say I'm cynical and pessimistic. But I'm not that jaded when it comes to romance.

It was a birthday party and not just any birthday party but a 'bare ware' party. A night that started with me wearing pajamas but many *ahem* substances were consumed and eventually I was walking around in one sock, two shoes and a pair of underwear. Naturally this doesn't leave many areas for a phone and a wallet. Luckily I was aware enough to give me wallet to my friend who then placed it in a cupboard. I thought it was lost but my mate just dropped it off about twenty minutes ago.

I hate to say it because it sounds overly cheesy bit I'm such a hopeless romantic. People say I'm cynical and pessimistic. But I'm not that jaded when it comes to romance.

Glad to know that you were aware enough to have it put some where safe! Glad you have it back.

Hopeless romantic is not bad just as long as your cautious too, no sense in getting your heart broken!

Glad to know that you were aware enough to have it put some where safe! Glad you have it back.

Hopeless romantic is not bad just as long as your cautious too, no sense in getting your heart broken!

It's usually what happens...

Neither, much more handsome! Nour, your nose fits your face! It is not huge!

Haha, thanks Kerry, you're too sweet, but my nose has been broken 12 or 13 times, trust me, it's hideous :lol: But I honestly don't mind. My parents wanted to pay for me to get it fixed at a plastic surgeon, but I refused. I thought it was just a waste of money.

make sure to call your mom at least twice a month (if you don't live at home!) for something other than money, she'll appreciate it!

My mom calls or texts me every day when I'm at the uni...and I still live at home with her! :lol: Eastern moms are so clingy, especially mine. My sister, who is 29 and married lives abroad (she's doing her PhD in France), and my mom just has to video chat or call her every single day :lol:

Neither, much more handsome! Nour, your nose fits your face! It is not huge!

Haha, thanks Kerry, you're too sweet, but my nose has been broken 12 or 13 times, trust me, it's hideous :lol: But I honestly don't mind. My parents wanted to pay for me to get it fixed at a plastic surgeon, but I refused. I thought it was just a waste of money.

make sure to call your mom at least twice a month (if you don't live at home!) for something other than money, she'll appreciate it!

My mom calls or texts me every day when I'm at the uni...and I still live at home with her! :lol: Eastern moms are so clingy, especially mine. My sister, who is 29 and married lives abroad (she's doing her PhD in France), and my mom just has to video chat or call her every single day :lol:

Well, it didn't look hideous in your "mugshot"! And you're welcome!

All moms are clingy some of us just hide it better! I text with my mom daily usually via words with friends :) When I was in the US I talked to her 2-4 times a week, we lived 12 hours away (1000 km). Now the time zone difference is a pain!

When I was dating my husband and he first started to call home and send birthday cards, his mom knew it was because of me! She told him to tell me thank you after the Mother's Day card, it was the first she had gotten since he had moved out of the house!