The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Oh.My.God.

I just got on the scales and I'm 30 lbs/13kg/2stone (roughly) overweight.

How did this happen!? :cry:

SOMEONE GIVE ME TIPS TO LOSE BODY FAT NOW!

Hmm... eat two meals a day.

I balance my body perfectly. I'm hideously underweight but my body runs like a well oiled machine, I eat exactly what I need to eat and burn that off. I haven't put on so much as a kilogram in 2 years, and thats some achievement as I've put on about 20 centimetres in height since 2010.

Oh.My.God.

No alcohol.

No carbonated drinks.

No chocolate.

No lollies.

No pastries.

No take-away and fast food.

Lean meat.

Switch white bread for whole grain.

Eat fresh food, it's expensive here in Aussieland, so I imagine it's worse in England.

Eat, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Only snack, if you have done a lot of physical activity.

Drink two litres of water per day.

Oh.My.God.

Move your fucking ass instead of posting. 13 kg is not even overweight, it's being obese.

When you train, don't rush yourself because you only may end up feeling worse than already. Small steps and at the end of this year you might be skinny once again.

Oh.My.God.

Only going on a diet, restricting yourself of eating things you enjoy and eating stuff you probably don't like will not do you any good psychologically. You will feel like hungry shit most of the time. My biggest tip to lose body fat is....EXERCISE. Go out in a gym, run with your friends, play football, and do all that on regular basis. Combined with less high calorie foods, no sweets,chips and stuff other things Spike said you will begin to see results.

I don't know how old are you and what are your daily activities so I can't tell you more, but above mentioned is the basic idea.

Another thing, don't expect results really fast, it's not healthy. Sudden weight changes aren't good for you and you have a high risk of restoring your previous weight.

Try to eat as much vegetables as possible. When I am hungry for example, I usually eat a couple of fruits or vegetables that not only take care of the problem but are also rather healthy.

Drink a lot of water also and make it a habit. I have a 2 liter bootle that is around me when I'm at home and the idea is to drink it all through the day.

Sometimes when you think you are hungry, you are actually just thirsty and by drinking some water you can take care of that feeling. I'm not a medical/diet expert to explain this really well, but lots of water help dissolve body fats and keep your body in better shape. Water is especially important if you are exercising and losing lots of fluids through by sweating. You should drink around 2 liters of water a day.

I know what I'm talking about since I had this problem couple of years ago and solved it. You would need big determination after all not to give up after a while, especially if you haven't received the results you expected. Being overweight can affect your life a lot.

An example is a certain fitness coach named who gained 32kilos of purpose and then burned it all down for testing purposes and in order to understand his clients. His wife has said that during the period he was overweight he became nervous, depressive, lazy and had an unpredictable mood. After he was back down to his original weight, he talked about that period and said that only after going through it he can understand what kind of problems people with that problem are going through.

Hope I've helped :)