The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

hey guys, can someone tell me what is this rose (sorry, i don't find another word to describe it) that we can see everywhere since few days ?

If you don't know what i'm sayin', go here : http://www.chelseafc.com/. I talk about the 'ufo' on the right side of the 'chelseafc.com'.

Thanks ;)

:lol: It's a poppy. They are worn throughout November to honour the all the troops who fought in World war one. You'll see it on our kit on Sunday or next week.

terry-lampard-pa_1518892c.jpg

Worn last year vs Man Utd

hey guys, can someone tell me what is this rose (sorry, i don't find another word to describe it) that we can see everywhere since few days ?

If you don't know what i'm sayin', go here : http://www.chelseafc.com/. I talk about the 'ufo' on the right side of the 'chelseafc.com'.

Thanks ;)

http://www.poppy.org.uk/remembrance

When was the last time we conceded from a corner?

We last conceded from a corner at West Ham when Cech's punch fell to Scott Parker. However that would normally be classed as a goal indirectly from a corner... the last time we conceded altogether from a corner kick (ie. ball delivered in and a goal being scored with no Chelsea player having touched the ball) would be all the way back to February 2010 when Stephen Mouyokolo scored a header for Hull in a 1-1 draw...

"Of the nineteen league goals Chelsea have conceded this season before the game, fourteen had come from set pieces, and the visitors struggled to deal with Hull's dead-ball situations throughout the game.

It was no surprise, therefore, that their twentieth came from the head of Mouyokolo, who took full advantage on the half hour as he headed Stephen Hunt's corner past a stranded Petr Cech."

We last conceded from a corner at West Ham when Cech's punch fell to Scott Parker. However that would normally be classed as a goal indirectly from a corner... the last time we conceded altogether from a corner kick (ie. ball delivered in and a goal being scored with no Chelsea player having touched the ball) would be all the way back to February 2010 when Stephen Mouyokolo scored a header for Hull in a 1-1 draw...

No wonder I didn't remember that. I have deleted that game from my memory, most frustrating result since Barcelona.

:lol: It's a poppy. They are worn throughout November to honour the all the troops who fought in World war one. You'll see it on our kit on Sunday or next week.

%28Y%29.gif

Thanks. It was frustrating to see this poppy everywhere and not to know its meaning

I'm thinking of taking out a super injunction following new rules by the Dark Lord Tugendhat (who we shall now refer to as He-who-must-not-be-named/You-Know-Who) saying that soon they will be banned.

His picture was in the Mail today, I hope it's photocopied and put up around the SB ticket offices with a label saying "Do not sell to this man."

I'm thinking of taking out a super injunction following new rules by the Dark Lord Tugendhat (who we shall now refer to as He-who-must-not-be-named/You-Know-Who) saying that soon they will be banned.

His picture was in the Mail today, I hope it's photocopied and put up around the SB ticket offices with a label saying "Do not sell to this man."

:lol: such is the celebrity culture we live in, most people would love this to go ahead..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mourinho on Wenger after the latter criticised Madrid's red cards last week :

"He should especially explain to Arsenal supporters how he can't win one single little trophy since 2005," Mourinho was quoted as saying in The Sun. "Instead of speaking about Real Madrid, Mr Wenger should speak about Arsenal and explain how he lost 2-0 against a team in the Champions League for the first time."

The 'Special One' then stepped up his attack on Wenger, urging him to stop making excuses about his side's inexperience.

"The history about the young kids is getting old now," Mourinho added "Sagna, Clichy, Walcott, Fabregas, Song, Nasri, Van Persie, Arshavin are NOT kids. They are all top players."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=846589&sec=england&cc=4716

Wenger was asking for it laugh.gif

Zidane talks up Eden Hazard, saying a move to Real may take place. This is the guy we need - pacy winger, lots of creativity, technique and just 19 yo. But I guess we won't. If he comes here, Anelka won't see any game time at all.

Have a look :

Zidane talks up Eden Hazard, saying a move to Real may take place. This is the guy we need - pacy winger, lots of creativity, technique and just 19 yo. But I guess we won't. If he comes here, Anelka won't see any game time at all.

Have a look :

Agreed.

This guy is already one of the best players in "La Ligue1", in 2009 and 2010 he won the title of the Ligue1 best prospect.

But i too am pretty sure we won't try to buy him...