The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I have a question for all the ppl who live in UK&Commonwealth countries. I'm from Poland and my second great grandfather fought in Battle of Britain as a RAF pilot. I'd like to honour him by wearing a poppy during 11/10, it's also Independence Day of Poland. Where can i get one on the internet? Cheers

Why is London called 'The Big Smoke'?

most homes burned coal ..hence a lot of smoke ...at times got really bad ...a word was invented "smog" a mixture of fog and smoke ..

in a very bad year in the 1940s thousands died through respiratory problems . led to introduction of new laws banning coal fires

most homes burned coal ..hence a lot of smoke ...at times got really bad ...a word was invented "smog" a mixture of fog and smoke ..

in a very bad year in the 1940s thousands died through respiratory problems . led to introduction of new laws banning coal fires

An ok cheers. The matchday presenter here keeps referring to it as 'The Big Smoke' whenever we're playing.

I have a question for all the ppl who live in UK&Commonwealth countries. I'm from Poland and my second great grandfather fought in Battle of Britain as a RAF pilot. I'd like to honour him by wearing a poppy during 11/10, it's also Independence Day of Poland. Where can i get one on the internet? Cheers

I would guess ebay or the poppy offical site

Far too big, for such a simplistic piece.

It reminds me of those people who type in CAPITALS for every post. When in fact capital letters take longer to read, which defeats the purpose.

Right but what about the sig itself, not the size?

Manchester United winger Nani has boasted that he is "one of the top players in the world"

"As a player I think I'm close to being as complete as I can be," Nani said. "I can say I'm one of the top players in the world. I play for the best club in the world and my role in the team is as a decisive player, scoring goals or setting up and so the team can win.

"You have to believe in yourself and believe in your abilities on the pitch. Big games are for big players. I want to be one of the best. I'm not scared to play in the big games, they are the most beautiful in football - you play with very high quality.

"Beautiful football, that's what everyone likes, and that helps lift my performance, too.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=838111&sec=england&cc=4716

I rate Harry Redknapp highly for what he's said today..

The Spurs boss said on Monday of the prospect of being charged: "If they want to make an issue of what I said then I'll make some issues as well - don't worry.

"Don't expect me to come out on the TV anymore - ever - and speak to the press after a game.

"Otherwise, what chance have we got?

"If you want me just to come and talk rubbish and say, 'No, it was a good decision, I'm quite happy with it', then don't bother to get me to come out after a game."

He added: "We shouldn't be dragged out onto TV two, three, four minutes after a game.

"I don't want to go on TV; I'd much rather stay in the dressing room with the players.

"But when I'm asked a question, I give a truthful answer.

"He made a right mess of it all, and that was my answer. And I stand by that 100 per cent."

Redknapp added he is usually the last person to criticise referees after his side have lost.

"I never come on TV after a game and start moaning about referees if we get beat," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.

"I still can't understand the decision - it was a complete mess up. No one knew what was going on in the end, it was farcical really.

"I think Mark knows he made a mistake. I think he knows I know that he knows that he dealt with it not very well at the time.

"It's happened, it's history - it's forgotten, we move on."

Meanwhile, United captain Rio Ferdinand believes referees should be given the chance to offer an explanation after matches.

He wrote on Twitter: "It would be great if refs were allowed to come out and clear up game issues after being able 2 watch replays. Would help clear

the air..."

Clattenburg rejected a penalty appeal from Nani as he tumbled in the area and indicated Spurs should play on, but Gomes mistakenly believed a free-kick had been awarded.

After the game, Redknapp also claimed the officials would "come up with a story that will make it all look right, that's what happens".

How's the new sig?

Far too big, for such a simplistic piece.

It reminds me of those people who type in CAPITALS for every post. When in fact capital letters take longer to read, which defeats the purpose.

Right but what about the sig itself, not the size?

Next time if you don't have something positive to offer, don't reply altogether.

hey guys, can someone tell me what is this rose (sorry, i don't find another word to describe it) that we can see everywhere since few days ?

If you don't know what i'm sayin', go here : http://www.chelseafc.com/. I talk about the 'ufo' on the right side of the 'chelseafc.com'.

Thanks ;)