test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Ramires

Started by DavidEU,

3,460 posts in this topic

Does Essien not count?

I think a lot of people have forgotten about Michael Essien.

Not forgotten, but are you recalling the same Essien as I am from last season? Dire wasn't even the word.

Do people really expect Essien to be good when he comes back...?

THREE serious knee injuries is basically the end of a footballer's career, at least performing at a top level...

Maybe he'll prove me wrong?

Do people really expect Essien to be good when he comes back...?

THREE serious knee injuries is basically the end of a footballer's career, at least performing at a top level...

Maybe he'll prove me wrong?

Yes but his presence is still huge in our midfield, he is like Patrick Anderson when he played for Barca. He follows instructions like a robot and he has a good awareness of what is around him. He can switch the play quickly and he is terrific in terms of positional play, even if he is at 80% he is our best midfielder next to Lampard. You could stick Essien on Modric tomorrow and he will cut him out the game and that is something you don't lose no matter how many injuries, his ability to identify danger zones is incredible. Villas Boas will be over the moon when he gets him back because he is a solid player who works very well with Lamps. Yes last season he was not playing that well mainly because Carlo was using a diamond formation which Micheal has never used, Lamps did not take to it like a duck to water either.

He wasn't at 80% last year. He was hardly at 20%. Absolutely shocking. Ramires provides much more to the team compared to that Essien

Essien was shocking last year but lets not forget what he brought to the party before last year.

At times his mere prescence use to inspire the rest of the team (especially Mikel).

Essien was shocking last year but lets not forget what he brought to the party before last year.

At times his mere prescence use to inspire the rest of the team (especially Mikel).

Agree with that.. but I have my doubts whether he can be even 20% of the player he used to be. 3 injuries in 4 years is just horrific. We shouldn't just depend on him thinking "oh all is okay essien is still to come back!" give him some time, if nothing has improved by the end of the season, let him go.

TBF, everyone was quite shocking last year.

Here's a fun little statistic for you

Ramires made the most dribbles in the PL. More then players like Nani and Aguero.

I don't pay much attention to stats but the commentator said it last night.

The way he's going, he could be a 15-goals-a-season wonder!

If he improves his technique he could. I've noticed an improvement in his passing, whereas before that wasn't his best asset.

He could easily be a 20goal a season midfielder if his touch and technique was better. He's definitely on his way to at least 12 goals though

I'm home for the holidays and I was watching a Ramires video on youtube. My younger brother (who thinks he's ghetto when he clearly isn't) doesn't follow football but peeked over my shoulder and casually said, "damn, that nigga* fast."

*nigga isn't offensive among youth in the USA.

tnchelsea likes this