Ramires

DavidEU

A very good player but he is very overrated by our fans !! may be that's because the lack of any decent options in midfield .

I know he has been our best midfielder so far but i will never be able to make peace with a midfielder with that kind of a poor touch.

I agree completely, but no doubt you will be scrutinized for your comment. Ramires is a good player but severely overrated by our supporters.

Its kinda funny how drastic the opinion of Ramires is between Chelsea and Brazil supporters. I have a lot of Brazilians mates and been to a few Brazil football forum and their opinion of Ramires is similar to how we view Kalou. They don't like him at all, they see don't see what he is good for. They don't feel he is good enough to be a DM, obviously because of his poor passing, touch, and sometime reckless tackling. You wouldn't feel safe if he was your only DM on the pitch, which is why Lucas(Pool player) was on the pitch during most of Copa America. They looked at his offensive capacity that he doesn't add much creativity or goal threat opportunity. The concusses of Brazil supporters is that Hernanes should've been part of Copa America instead of Ramires.

I don't agree with their views tbh, but i also don't rate him as highly as most of you do.

I dont agree with the view that members here overate our players .In fact I feel many are over critical of our players with the exception of our Enlish players most of our squad come in for a great deal of criticism . We are a dozen games into the season and players who have come in for heavy

stick include Bosingwa ,,Mikel , Malouda, Anelka , Drogba , Kalou and Luiz.

I agree completely, but no doubt you will be scrutinized for your comment. Ramires is a good player but severely overrated by our supporters.

Its kinda funny how drastic the opinion of Ramires is between Chelsea and Brazil supporters. I have a lot of Brazilians mates and been to a few Brazil football forum and their opinion of Ramires is similar to how we view Kalou.

smh, he's not even that bad. And was actually one of their better players at Copa America.

then they shouldn't play him as DM

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, that's probably the only position he could play.

then they shouldn't play him as DM

@zolayes - you forgot Lampard... before his hattrick it was a sin to play him

Problem with that is brazil plays a variation between 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2. They played Ramires and Lucas together and their midfield looked very stagnant, it is a very defensive midfield. You cannot play Ramires is a lone holding midfielder and you would give up a lot of creativity if you play him along a holding midfielder. Kinda of a paradox, especially considering how poor Ganso was at Copa America and is little help defensively.

smh, he's not even that bad. And was actually one of their better players at Copa America.

I thought Ramires was ok overall at Copa America, but i would definitely say he was not one of the best. He was poor at times and his passing let him down way to many times. Overall Brazil was pretty bad tbh, so a lot of blame would go around.

As i said most of my mates and other Brazilians had issues with Ramires, since they felt hernanes should've been there instead of him. You have to understand Ramires is pretty much an exception when think of Brazilian footballers. He is not flashy or attacking orrianted like most Brazilian players. Which is why i think he is underrated by them.

Ramires has been very effective this season for us. Give AVB a lot of credit he is getting the best out of him and he recognizes Ramires strength and weakness. This season Ramires is a lot less involved in our build up and see a decrease in touches compared to last season. While Lampard has been a lot more involved in our build up. He is been effectively used and the 4-3-3 is better suited for him.