Ramires

DavidEU

for me thats a foul, look how he catches Rooneys right foot before playing the ball...

No! We can't start giving fouls for that. Might as well play basketball. If you breath on them then its a foul. Its bad enough as it is, with everyone going down after minimal contact. Lets not make it a non-contact sport.

No! We can't start giving fouls for that. Might as well play basketball. If you breath on them then its a foul. Its bad enough as it is, with everyone going down after minimal contact. Lets not make it a non-contact sport.

Rooney is about to Strike/pass the ball and he gets caught, clear free kick in my book. otherwise i agree with you.

Rooney is about to Strike/pass the ball and he gets caught, clear free kick in my book. otherwise i agree with you.

No. It wasn't even a foul whatsoever.

1dw67_medium.gif

You can clearly see Ramires won the ball fairly with his right foot, had his left foot on the ground first before Rooney eventually kicks it himself and went down. Never a free kick.

Ramires completely lost it in the last 15 minutes. His goal was sublime, but his shooting from range is poor. He surely is not our best finisher, even though usually great in 1vs1 situations.

His slip was not really his fault. Mata either has to run straight and do it all alone. Unfortunately Mata is way slower than an average defender, hence has to pass, but unfortunately his right foot is shit, too, so he fucked up the pass and played it in behind ramires, who had to turn and hence slipped. If mata had had the ability to pass it first time without turning and shit, Ramires would have comfortably been through on goal.

Shame Mata has hugely neglected to train sprints and his right foot. In Germany those snail-paced onefooters do not even get through the youth ranks, no matter how brilliant they are otherwise.

Definitely think we're a better team with Ramires in the side. His desire and effort is absolutely infectious. Seeing a player give his all is the fastest way into the hearts of supporters. He also seems to be one of our new "big game" players. If you look at the goals he's scored for us, a very good percentage of them have been against very, very good teams:

• in 2010/11 he scored only two goals, but one was a game-winner against City that sealed second place for us (50% of his goals were therefore in "big games").
  • Last season he scored 12 goals - including goals in semi-finals against Spurs and Barcelona, one in the FA Cup final, one against Valencia in a crucial UCL group stage game, before scoring at Anfield later in the season - meaning 5 (or 42%) of his 12 goals can be counted as "big game" goal.
  • This season he has scored 7 goals - but three of those have been against Manchester United, including the equaliser in the 2-2 FA Cup draw, the equaliser on the day in the 2-3 loss, and the winner in the 5-4 League Cup win. You don't get much bigger games than those! That means 3/7 - 43% - of his goals this season have been of massive significance.

I know it is a crude and subjective measure, but it does show he truly brings the goods to the table in the big games - by my reckoning, 9 of his 21 goals have been in massive games for us. That is 43%. Not bad, eh? You then think of all the assists he had provided in those games - ones that immediately spring to mind include the winner in the first leg against Barcelona and his cross for Drogba's opener against Napoli in the 4-1 win. Big game player indeed.

Another goal in another big game for Ramires..