test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Ramires

Started by DavidEU,

3,460 posts in this topic

Sorry if I'm wrong but it sounds to me like you're saying we need a Xavi, Iniesta and a Sergios Busquets type model for our midfield...

I think we just need a midfield that works...one that has all the necessary tools in it such as creating chances, scoring goals, keeping possession, passing quickly, pressurizing the opposition and winning the ball back....

exactly, well said. It just needs to work whoever the individuals are.

Shak likes this

That is absolutely true , in a strong 3 man midfield you don't need 3 exceptional / legendary players ... you need at least one legendary player , one world class player and a decent third one .

can you please tell me how do lampard , Miereles , mikel and ramires fit through this formula ??!!

My point is we can live with only one "decent" midfielder but with three "decent" midfielders our 3 man midfield will never look half decent IMO .

:huh: what are you talking about dude ? So what is a ''legend'' going to do for us ? Legends are usually past their best by the time they BECOME LEGENDS. Man utd don't even have one world class Midfielder and they don't even have one legend either and they have won more in the last few years then us. You just watch Barcelona and you just :wank2: over their midfield WELL NEWSFLASH, DUDE WHAT THEY HAVE IS SPECIAL AND FOR US TO REPLICATE IT WOULD BE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

Rambo and Shak like this

Love how criticism to our players is always rubbished and criticizer is always described as an ignorant person who will learn in the future :D

Whether you like it or not Mikel and Ramires are two very average midfielders and my point will be proved when essien is back from injury as Essien even at his worst is better than both at their best.

But that doesn't neglect the fact that i still appreciate ramires's contributions so far .

What we love more is how arrogant you are, but thats maybe because you lack the inteligence to make it to the level of AVB, JM or Pep.

Shak likes this

Love how criticism to our players is always rubbished and criticizer is always described as an ignorant person who will learn in the future :D

Whether you like it or not Mikel and Ramires are two very average midfielders and my point will be proved when essien is back from injury as Essien even at his worst is better than both at their best.

Mikel is an average midfielder. He'll make mistakes but he'll get the job done in the centre of midfield.

Ramires has the ability to become a great midfielder for Chelsea and Brazil in the future. He has shown big signs of improvement this season, and hopefully he only gets better season by season.

As for Essien, he was an outstanding midfielder at his best & I doubt you'll find another midfielder like him..so it's rather unfair that you're trying to compare Essien to Ramires/Mikel.

:huh: what are you talking about dude ? So what is a ''legend'' going to do for us ? Legends are usually past their best by the time they BECOME LEGENDS. Man utd don't even have one world class Midfielder and they don't even have one legend either and they have won more in the last few years then us. You just watch Barcelona and you just :wank2: over their midfield WELL NEWSFLASH, DUDE WHAT THEY HAVE IS SPECIAL AND FOR US TO REPLICATE IT WOULD BE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

Absolutely agree.

Man Utd have Carrick; Fletcher; Anderson; Cleverley & Giggs in their midfield. None of them are really 'world-class'...but they stick to their tasks, create oppurtunities for Rooney & Co..and they usually get the result they want.

I think it'll be near impossible for any club side to 'replicate' what the current Barcelona midfield & attack have at the moment.

I don't really care who AvB selects in his three-man midfield..as long as they do their jobs & put in 100% effort, we should win the majority of our matches :D

Don't know how anyone can claim Ramires is an average player when he consistently makes an impact at a club like Chelsea. I can sort of understand criticisms against Mikel since I agree that he can be more influential, but Ramires? He leads our counterattack, he connects the gap on the right-hand side between Sturridge and Bosingwa who don't understand each other very well, and he scores some amazing goals and tries so hard to score them, too.

Besides, because he's so nimble and quick he can usually retrieve possession after a poor touch. I don't see how that can be such a big deal.

Also, like Blue Armour's mentioned before, we don't need the type of midfielders Barcelona have as long as the players understand each other well. In fact, I don't really get how people nowadays think the Barcelona way is the way to play, and it's a dangerous thought, too. Once everyone starts copying Barcelona, football gets boring as fuck.

manpe and Madmax like this

That is absolutely true , in a strong 3 man midfield you don't need 3 exceptional / legendary players ... you need at least one legendary player , one world class player and a decent third one . can you please tell me how do lampard , Miereles , mikel and ramires fit through this formula ??!! My point is we can live with only one "decent" midfielder but with three "decent" midfielders our 3 man midfield will never look half decent IMO .

If you became a manager,you would be like kalou.. :P

We are in a good phase and i am not surprised that most of you think that Mikel , Ramires , Miereles and Lampard are good enough options to make a world-class midfield .. i am not saying they are bad either but they will never give you an advantage against an opponents midfield .

And btw Man utd are the only big team that has a worse midfield than us and they make up for that by having two very good Left and right midfielders in Young and Nani , also rooney dropping back as a no. 10 helps a lot but that doesn't save them all the time as if you watch any of man utd's big games you will notice how they are never able to penetrate through midfield and they mainly have one strategy of getting the ball through the wings to Nani or Young .

But Barca , Real , Man City , even tottenham have more creative midfielders than us , and McEacheran can hardly count btw .

One other thing i would like to clarify is that by legendary i was refering to an earlier post that called Xavi and iniesta legendary by that i meant a legend in his prime like Lampard but 3 or 4 years ago , an i am not hoping for a barca esque midfield but more of our old days of :

(Makalele - Essien - Lamps or Essien - Ballack - Lamps ) as this midfield is more solid , with more urgency and much more creativity IMO

Term-X and laura90 like this

If you became a manager,you would be like kalou.. :P

O.K. i usually don't feel offended when people disagree and start calling me an arrogant or ignorant or insane but don't you ever liken me to Kalou again !!

KamikazeBlue likes this

A very good player but he is very overrated by our fans !! may be that's because the lack of any decent options in midfield .

I know he has been our best midfielder so far but i will never be able to make peace with a midfielder with that kind of a poor touch.

I agree completely, but no doubt you will be scrutinized for your comment. Ramires is a good player but severely overrated by our supporters.

Its kinda funny how drastic the opinion of Ramires is between Chelsea and Brazil supporters. I have a lot of Brazilians mates and been to a few Brazil football forum and their opinion of Ramires is similar to how we view Kalou. They don't like him at all, they see don't see what he is good for. They don't feel he is good enough to be a DM, obviously because of his poor passing, touch, and sometime reckless tackling. You wouldn't feel safe if he was your only DM on the pitch, which is why Lucas(Pool player) was on the pitch during most of Copa America. They looked at his offensive capacity that he doesn't add much creativity or goal threat opportunity. The concusses of Brazil supporters is that Hernanes should've been part of Copa America instead of Ramires.

I don't agree with their views tbh, but i also don't rate him as highly as most of you do.

BLionheart likes this

I dont agree with the view that members here overate our players .In fact I feel many are over critical of our players with the exception of our Enlish players most of our squad come in for a great deal of criticism . We are a dozen games into the season and players who have come in for heavy

stick include Bosingwa ,,Mikel , Malouda, Anelka , Drogba , Kalou and Luiz.

Naked Mole Rat and BlueLion. like this

then they shouldn't play him as DM

@zolayes - you forgot Lampard... before his hattrick it was a sin to play him

Exactly. Brazil don't need to play Ramires as a DM....they already have Lucas (Liverpool), Sandro (Spurs) and Luis Gustavo (Bayern Munich) as true DM's

I agree completely, but no doubt you will be scrutinized for your comment. Ramires is a good player but severely overrated by our supporters.

Its kinda funny how drastic the opinion of Ramires is between Chelsea and Brazil supporters. I have a lot of Brazilians mates and been to a few Brazil football forum and their opinion of Ramires is similar to how we view Kalou.

smh, he's not even that bad. And was actually one of their better players at Copa America.

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, that's probably the only position he could play.

@zolayes - you forgot Lampard... before his hattrick it was a sin to play him

Problem with that is brazil plays a variation between 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2. They played Ramires and Lucas together and their midfield looked very stagnant, it is a very defensive midfield. You cannot play Ramires is a lone holding midfielder and you would give up a lot of creativity if you play him along a holding midfielder. Kinda of a paradox, especially considering how poor Ganso was at Copa America and is little help defensively.

smh, he's not even that bad. And was actually one of their better players at Copa America.

I thought Ramires was ok overall at Copa America, but i would definitely say he was not one of the best. He was poor at times and his passing let him down way to many times. Overall Brazil was pretty bad tbh, so a lot of blame would go around.

As i said most of my mates and other Brazilians had issues with Ramires, since they felt hernanes should've been there instead of him. You have to understand Ramires is pretty much an exception when think of Brazilian footballers. He is not flashy or attacking orrianted like most Brazilian players. Which is why i think he is underrated by them.

Ramires has been very effective this season for us. Give AVB a lot of credit he is getting the best out of him and he recognizes Ramires strength and weakness. This season Ramires is a lot less involved in our build up and see a decrease in touches compared to last season. While Lampard has been a lot more involved in our build up. He is been effectively used and the 4-3-3 is better suited for him.