Ramires

DavidEU

Oustanding from Ramires AGAIN in a big game against a top team. Keep silencing those doubters Rami!

He was good, but let's not go overboard. His goal was classic Ramires - us under pressure, breaking and him busting a lung to get forward. It was a great performance and we all know he's capable of doing that once in a while.

The problem is he's equally likely to put in a performance like the one against the other Manchester club and we still need to buy someone who can orchestrate the play better from the double pivot.

He was good, but let's not go overboard. His goal was classic Ramires - us under pressure, breaking and him busting a lung to get forward. It was a great performance and we all know he's capable of doing that once in a while.

The problem is he's equally likely to put in a performance like the one against the other Manchester club and we still need to buy someone who can orchestrate the play better from the double pivot.

Not going overboard. Even in the 1st half, he was the one retrieving the ball for us and making interceptions. Did the same in the 2nd half and started to be an attacking threat with the introduction of Mikel. It was another very good performance, arguably motm.

He was on the wing against City

Not going overboard. Even in the 1st half, he was the one retrieving the ball for us and making interceptions. Did the same in the 2nd half and started to be an attacking threat with the introduction of Mikel. It was another very good performance, arguably motm.

He was on the wing against City

Against City he moved inside after the first couple of subs, and wasn't that good.

I like the guy. I like his attitude, but I think he's technically weak. I know he's chipped Valdes at the Nou Camp but I think he's at best inconsistent.

He's perfect for these types of games where you're under pressure and counter-attacking. I just don't think you can win leagues playing that style of football. What you need is someone composed on the ball who can dictate the tempo to the other team rather than reacting to them. He probably has a place in the squad but I'd still be looking for us to sign someone to play alongside Mikel/Romeu/Chalobah next season.

Against City he moved inside after the first couple of subs, and wasn't that good.

I like the guy. I like his attitude, but I think he's technically weak. I know he's chipped Valdes at the Nou Camp but I think he's at best inconsistent.

He's perfect for these types of games where you're under pressure and counter-attacking. I just don't think you can win leagues playing that style of football. What you need is someone composed on the ball who can dictate the tempo to the other team rather than reacting to them. He probably has a place in the squad but I'd still be looking for us to sign someone to play alongside Mikel/Romeu/Chalobah next season.

He moved inside with around 20 minutes left and City on top. Ridiculous to judge him in those circumstances. Sometimes it's not all about technique, there'll be times where we need players to do all the dirty work, make tackles and win the ball back from the opposition. This is what Ramires does perfectly and what makes him such an asset.

We weren't counter attacking in this game, after the break we took the initiative and were on top and Ramires was still flourishing. Even in the first half, as I said earlier he was the one working to win the ball back and doing so successfully. When it comes to big games, he is usually the one to step up. Twice against United this season, twice against Arsenal and against Spurs and in all of these games we've been taking the initiative and attacking. Ramires doesn't have to be the one that is sacrificed. If you find a holding midfielder who can spray passes around like Xabi Alonso then you can play Ramires next to him as a ball winner like he does currently. He's undoubtedly got a big role in these next few years for us

One thing about Ramires is that he usually saves his best performances against the big teams. Honestly apart from that game earlier this season against City where he started out wide anyway, I can't remember a performance against a big team where Ramires failed to produce.

He moved inside with around 20 minutes left and City on top. Ridiculous to judge him in those circumstances. Sometimes it's not all about technique, there'll be times where we need players to do all the dirty work, make tackles and win the ball back from the opposition. This is what Ramires does perfectly and what makes him such an asset.

We weren't counter attacking in this game, after the break we took the initiative and were on top and Ramires was still flourishing. Even in the first half, as I said earlier he was the one working to win the ball back and doing so successfully. When it comes to big games, he is usually the one to step up. Twice against United this season, twice against Arsenal and against Spurs and in all of these games we've been taking the initiative and attacking. Ramires doesn't have to be the one that is sacrificed. If you find a holding midfielder who can spray passes around like Xabi Alonso then you can play Ramires next to him as a ball winner like he does currently. He's undoubtedly got a big role in these next few years for us

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think we can win leagues with Mikel and a deep-lying playmaker alongside him, but I don't think we can win one of Ramires is playing regularly. I don't dislike the guy, i just don't think he's that good. It's not his fault and I admire his tenacity and workrate and that could be something we utilise from the bench of against weaker teams.

I just think we need more quality, more composure and more control in our midfield.

One thing about Ramires is that he usually saves his best performances against the big teams. Honestly apart from that game earlier this season against City where he started out wide anyway, I can't remember a performance against a big team where Ramires failed to produce.

Which is why he has a key role to play for us now and in future

Just a quick thought. He looks like the second coming of Jesus of Nazareth to some. Yes, he has a good work rate and all. But put things into perspective — if we had midfielders and forwards who were actually doing properly (and efficiently) their defensive duty, he wouldn't be that needed.

The only place to be is right. While Ramires will be a valuable asset to have in the team in the futur (to play certain kinds of game, and to allow turn-over), he shall not be in the starting eleven, especially if we were to keep the 4-2-3-1.

With Mikel coming on today, it allowed him to push up in to a more natural CM position, marauding both up and down the field. As a DM or AM, he is no where near as effective; it shackles his ability to roam, break at pace and bring play forwards.

Sadly though, he was only given free reign because we were 2-0 down after 10mins. I don't expect many more performances like this from him in a 4-2-3-1, though I love him to bits. Our energizer bunny is shackled by our formation. :(

Well it's his 3rd good game in a row now. Playing with Mikel at the start of the season he and the team were bossing things against most teams. Hopefully we see more of this and he can prove more people wrong

Against teams like this he can shine, but I still think we need to replace him in the team with someone able to control the tempo of the game better. That is not, and will never be his game. He has a particularly skill set and that can garner results in games like yesterday's where teams put pressure on you and leave gaps when they transition into defence. That's EXACTLY how he scored his goal and was also how he scored against Barcelona and Tottenham.

I like the guy, I like his commitment and I like his engine. He's like a terrier who will chase the other team all day and you can certainly win cups doing that.

But my opinion is that to win the league you need someone who controls the game and forces the opposition to run around for 90 minutes. That isn't Rami and we knew that when we bought him. So he may well have a place in the squad but if we're going to challenge for the league I think we need someone else to play the majority of games.