Ramires

DavidEU

Hey I think we all love Ramires and what he brings yet I'd we put him in pivot role, do we hamper him? Is it fit for that position even if we have a more defensive minded player next to him?

I think it hurts him a little but would like to hear other opinions

Hey I think we all love Ramires and what he brings yet I'd we put him in pivot role, do we hamper him? Is it fit for that position even if we have a more defensive minded player next to him?

I think it hurts him a little but would like to hear other opinions

As long as we are playing 4-2-3-1 Rambo should stay away from the central midfield roles. Even if he is played there with a more defensive player, he simply does not have the passing skills and vision to play there. The double pivot role requires, imo, players that are very disciplined defensively and excellent passers offensively (hence why Mikel and Lamps proved to be perfect there). His bursting pace and incredible stamina are best suited for the wings in this formation.

If we ever return to 4-3-3, we can use him again in the center.

As long as we are playing 4-2-3-1 Rambo should stay away from the central midfield roles. Even if he is played there with a more defensive player, he simply does not have the passing skills and vision to play there. The double pivot role requires, imo, players that are very disciplined defensively and excellent passers offensively (hence why Mikel and Lamps proved to be perfect there). His bursting pace and incredible stamina are best suited for the wings in this formation.

If we ever return to 4-3-3, we can use him again in the center.

Not even sure if I see him is the centre in the 4-3-3. Ramires is a very interesting player because he has a unique set of skills which make him able to play almost anywhere but is not really ideally suited for any specific position. He's not creative enough or a good enough passer to be central midfielder, he doesn't cross the ball well enough to be a winger, and his greatest ability, the speed he uses to make great runs is lost if he plays defensive midifield. The position I think he'd be best in is where he was best last season, as a 3 in the 4-2-3-1. No, he's not going to be the guy who gets the great cross in, but he creates a lot of space and if you have 3 other attacking players there, that is incredibly important . Failing that, Ramires is the ultimate bench player because he can sub in at a number of different positions in different systems and his speed can make such a difference when other players are worn down.

Not even sure if I see him is the centre in the 4-3-3. Ramires is a very interesting player because he has a unique set of skills which make him able to play almost anywhere but is not really ideally suited for any specific position. He's not creative enough or a good enough passer to be central midfielder, he doesn't cross the ball well enough to be a winger, and his greatest ability, the speed he uses to make great runs is lost if he plays defensive midifield. The position I think he'd be best in is where he was best last season, as a 3 in the 4-2-3-1. No, he's not going to be the guy who gets the great cross in, but he creates a lot of space and if you have 3 other attacking players there, that is incredibly important . Failing that, Ramires is the ultimate bench player because he can sub in at a number of different positions in different systems and his speed can make such a difference when other players are worn down.

My thoughts exactly. He can be a super sub, come on if we are holding on to lead and need a winger who can defend, or even if we are loosing and need more energy and pace in midfield. He can still start in 4-2-3-1 in big games if our full back needs help against a certain winger (Messi, Robben...etc).

I hope RDM (or the new manager) has Ramires in his plans. He is a great athlete, I'd hate to see him leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont be so gullible, nor mourinho nor madrid would want his services, hes not good enough. You can give me all the little cheap sources to supply your statement, but there is no relevent proof that we want of his services, NOT ONE.

Ha yous signed Altintop who is amazing like yeah? Doubt it...

Anyways, the only concern with Modric is the defensive duties that the Double Pivot role requires. He isn't the best defensively. He can defend but he needs to be up to it as leaving just Mikel alone shielding the back 4 can be suicide. I'm starting to like the idea of Moutinho more and more. Cheaper (not by much I know), younger, arguably about the same quality and gives us better defensive capabilities than Modric. Moutinho is better suited for the double pivot whereas Modric is more of a 4-3-3 man.

Mikel will handle the defensive duties.

Similar to Carrick and Scholes, although Carrick is less defensive than Mikel, his job does consist of getting the ball and moving it along swiftly.

Also Mountinho isn't known for his defensive duties either, so i'm not sure where you got that from.

If you think that you clearly dont know what your talking about!

Ha yous signed Altintop who is amazing like yeah? Doubt it...

Altintop was a mistake, and it is irrelevant and a cheap way to try to build an argument on ramires. Couldnt really back your self up huh?

@ jmarlow, let me guess, ramires is an ALIEN! he cant be godlike, and u say he aint human... :clown:

Altintop was a mistake, and it is irrelevant and a cheap way to try to build an argument on ramires. Couldnt really back your self up huh?

@ jmarlow, let me guess, ramires is an ALIEN! he cant be godlike, and u say he aint human... :clown:

Not really because as you said Mourinho doesn't want Ramires "who is apparently average" but he wants a very very very poor Altintop? Aye settle down. Your argument has been flawed. Please refrain from talking shit.

We Chelsea fans all know how good Ramires is. Some idiots will say he is not good enough yet even Man City fans realise how great he is and one of the most valuable midfielders in the PL. Plus we are the European Champions, not Barca or Madrid. If he is good enough for us he is good enough for most teams.

Ramires is good, i wouldn't say he's world class yet, Modric is.

Although you cant really compare them, different players.

I also think it's fair to say Modric will get into your team, Ramires wont, well at least not yet.

Not really because as you said Mourinho doesn't want Ramires "who is apparently average" but he wants a very very very poor Altintop? Aye settle down. Your argument has been flawed. Please refrain from talking shit.

I asked for some proof and you gave me none, and then you decided to bring in an irrelevant subject. The guy has made mistakes in the past, he isnt perfect lol, but he doesnt want ramires and there is no PROOF to prove me wrong. Deal with it buddy.

Talk shit? you are going to have to deal with it buddy.

We Chelsea fans all know how good Ramires is. Some idiots will say he is not good enough yet eveb Man City fans realise how great he is and one of the most valuable midfielders in the PL. Plus we are the European Champions, not Barca or Madrid. If he is good enough for us he is good enough for most teams.

Ramires is good, but he is limited in what he can do.

He has a good engine and fast, but technically he isn't all there yet.

haha! your clever aren't you?

I was actually referring to the part where you said 'Nothing special about him, sorry to burst your bubble mate' please use some common sense in future! :wave:

Ramires is good, i wouldn't say he's world class yet, Modric is.

Although you cant really compare them, different players.

I also think it's fair to say Modric will get into your team, Ramires wont, well at least not yet.

Ramires is good, i never said he wasnt, what i said is that he's not deserving of the godlike status, or world class status others put on him, thats MY OPINION, and some are too fickle to let it go, or narrow minded to understand.

Modric is world class and would be very helpful to chelsea. Modric would get into our team, but the tactical changing is to varied for me to think he will go to madrid. Id rather see him in chelsea but i dont know.

haha! your clever aren't you?

I was actually referring to the part where you said 'Nothing special about him, sorry to burst your bubble mate' please use some common sense in future! :wave:

You misunderstood, by that i was implying that i dont think hes deserving of world class or godlike status that others give him. Thats my opinions from what i have seen him play, but dont get so emotional about it. Understand it and deal with it.

I asked for some proof and you gave me none, and then you decided to bring in an irrelevant subject. The guy has made mistakes in the past, he isnt perfect lol, but he doesnt want ramires and there is no PROOF to prove me wrong. Deal with it buddy.

Talk shit? you are going to have to deal with it buddy.

He probably would happily have Ramires but he knows he isn't going to get him supposing he signed a new deal 3 or 4 months ago.

Also how is Altintop an irrelevant subject, you were basically on about "completely average players" according to yourself, so I though I'd mention one. Also Callejon, Kaka, Khedira and Raul Albion all fall into that category.