Ramires

DavidEU

I think he was better than he usually is, but to say our midfield improved with him in the second? That's crazy and something I can't see even if I try hard. We didn't improve our midfield in the second, actually the distance between the lines and his uselessness in the attack was what caused the match against Besiktas to look so much like last seasons.

He was played in the wrong position imo and somewhere I hope to never see him again. If we're going to play 4-3-3 with him, Cesc and Matic in the midfield, Ramires CAN'T be the most advanced midfielder. He doesn't have the offensive ability to produce anything creatively and his passing accuracy is still his biggest shortcoming. I'm not saying he's bad (although I don't rate him too much), but he can't play there. Play him - if Mourinho must - against the strongest sides, but play him BY Matic side, not behind the attackers. We actually have a striker now and we have someone to linkup in the left and someone to play through balls from the deep. We need more quality in our front and that isn't Ramires.

I think he was better than he usually is, but to say our midfield improved with him in the second? That's crazy and something I can't see even if I try hard. We didn't improve our midfield in the second, actually the distance between the lines and his uselessness in the attack was what caused the match against Besiktas to look so much like last seasons.

He was played in the wrong position imo and somewhere I hope to never see him again. If we're going to play 4-3-3 with him, Cesc and Matic in the midfield, Ramires CAN'T be the most advanced midfielder. He doesn't have the offensive ability to produce anything creatively and his passing accuracy is still his biggest shortcoming. I'm not saying he's bad (although I don't rate him too much), but he can't play there. Play him - if Mourinho must - against the strongest sides, but play him BY Matic side, not behind the attackers. We actually have a striker now and we have someone to linkup in the left and someone to play through balls from the deep. We need more quality in our front and that isn't Ramires.

Yeah, I think 4-3-3 would have worked much better if Ramires played alongside Matic, and Cesc played as the most advanced midfielder in 4-3-3, like he did in the second half against Ljubljana(?) while MVG played a bit deeper. Our attack looked much more lively then.I think Jose should definitely experiment with 4-3-3 more. It can definitely be improved with practice and might work really well against certain teams.

Ramires does the most difficult things and struggle with the basic, trivial things - which is why he isn't rated higher by most fans, opposition fans and media. There are people who love Ramires, but I've always felt most people see his shortcomings more than his qualities because just after scoring a goal like that he misplaced a simple, short pass - as he does too many times a match. He's a little Jekyll and Hyde kind of player, so one day we're all praising a goal like today's, but the next we're all moaning about his stupid challenges that get him suspended or his inability to pick a pass. I wish he was way more consistent as a footballer, I'd like him much better.

But the goal was beautiful

tumblr_na3xarseLh1sscln5o1_500.gif

tumblr_na3xarseLh1sscln5o2_500.gif

Took his goal brilliantly which is strange because it was a difficult chance to take. As said he struggles with the basics and I just hope he gets those right this season, another player who needs to step it up this season because I personally think it's make or break for him.

Actually this is not a first time Rambo pulls out such a screamer just like that. I remember a couple of goals like that when he just scorers when nobody's expecting it and usually goalkeeper just watches the ball blast the net :D

Good game for him.

Credit where it's due - he looked more composed yesterday - and whilst I don't want him starting every game - he can be great cover and offer something different.

That goal last night and the one against Barcelona were awesome - lets see more of that Mr Ramires please ;)

Good to see Ramires returning to form. I agree he doesn't need to start a lot of games but he is a very good squad guy, those who don't like him are the ones who want all the shiny new toys every year. Ramires is a quality bench option to have in my opinion.