Ramires

DavidEU

Who do you replace him with if you do decide to sell? I can understand relegating him to a squad role but he's versatile and has some key attributes that can benefit any team. Unless you can get a better replacement with similar attributes, we shouldn't sell.

Paulinho?

Who do you replace him with if you do decide to sell? I can understand relegating him to a squad role but he's versatile and has some key attributes that can benefit any team. Unless you can get a better replacement with similar attributes, we shouldn't sell.

He's a fairly unique player in the sense that he can run all day long (seemingly) and is capable of scoring goals and creating stuff....occasionally. He's also massively inconsistent and is amongst the stupidest players I've ever seen. His lack of composure, his temper (which has cost us) and the fact that you never know what you'll get from him with the ball at his feet are problems.

To a certain extent we've already replaced him with Matic. If we get Fabregas then you'd expect those two to start and Ramires be reserved to a 60th minute role to secure the game and matches against teams who will look to dominate possession against us. Is that worth more than the £25 million Real Madrid have offered? Possibly. If we get Tiago then maybe we can do without him, and then there's Van Ginkel and Chalobah who show promise defensively.

He's got three years left on his contract and he's 27. This is probably going to be the peak of his transfer value although you could probably wait a year and still get £18 million + for him whatever type of season he has.

As much as I disliked what he contributed last season, I can see the logic of keeping him or at least holding out for more money from Madrid.

Paulinho?

not even close to what rambo gives us!!!

i expect rambo to be played in a 3 man mid when we play deep against big teams away. or on the right wing to shut off those wings. rambo's versatality wont be covered by paulinho. infact i expect rambo to be a continous 60th minute or a 70th minute substitute, to close off the game, dont think paulinho is very suited for that role too. i mean a 3 man mid of paulnho - matic -cesc is asking for trouble in the last minutes since 2 of those are not really known for their defensive work.

What? :confused: khedira is a smarter version of ramires imo but not what we need though. We need more technical players

Not really, Khedira is slow as shit.

Oh James. kellzfresh was comparing the mental aspect between Khedira and Ramires but you replied instead something on their physical capabilities.

You need a trip to the specsaver mate. :Goober:

I too prefer Ramires over Khedira. Would be a rubbish swap on our end.

Not even mentioning how versatile Ramires is. Khedira plays as a center mid and that's about it. Ramires can do flank, RB, RW... Yes, he is a defensive RW, but that's what we may need in certain games, in certain circumstances. Managers love these versatile players.

Jose could make some stupid moves this summer like selling Lukaku, selling Oscar and keeping Ramires in starting 11, buying Cesc who wont suit Jose style...or those moves could turn into brilliant ones.

Time will tell.