Ramires

DavidEU

Because he is willing to break anybody's legs for Jose

This is exactly it....

People don't realize Mourinho LOVES ramires.... When has Mourinho ever criticized Ramires ever? Even when he got those red cards, he never slammed him in the press.

If Ramires can rediscover his form of 2011/2012 (that season i felt he should have won the POTY ahead of mata), I wouldn't mind him as a solid squad option however £25m is alot of money and there's no guarantee nor indication that he can rediscover top form.

If Ramires can rediscover his form of 2011/2012 (that season i felt he should have won the POTY ahead of mata), I wouldn't mind him as a solid squad option however £25m is alot of money and there's no guarantee nor indication that he can rediscover top form.

Its strange his decline in form coincided with Jose's return but he is now almost untouchable

Its strange his decline in form coincided with Jose's return but he is now almost untouchable

That's the thing, though. Jose does not consider Ramires to be off form because he judges on different basis than we do. We tend to judge him on separate incidents in matches that stick in our memory after the game like a few missed passes or a hopeless shot. But I think Jose judges him on what he wants from him: Dynamism, energy in pressing, tactical discipline...etc. I think if Jose can have two Ramireses in the pivot, he wouldn't hesitate for a second.

He would be an ideal squad player. To be fair to him he wasn't bad at the start of the season but his touch and decision making became laughably bad in the second half of the season. You can't teach the sort of athleticism he brings to the table but his lack of ability sometimes is frustrating as f*ck. I'd keep him because I know there are going to be games next season where we park the bus, defend really deep and he'sproven to be useful in those games.

Indeed. Would like to give him another opportunity next season to see if last season's rubbishness was just him going through a bad patch. Can understand all the frustrations (as I too have complained about it) because when he's bad, he's really bad with all his deficiencies getting exposed but like you said, on his day, Ramires is extremely useful and good. We have all praised him for his performances before, let's not forget that.

I'm thinking if we move back to 4-3-3 we would again get the best out of Ramires. It's no surprise his best performances in a Chelsea shirt were in the 11/12 season when he mostly played in a midfield three alongside Meireles/Lampard with either Mikel or Romeu behind them to cover.

Would most likely fuck over Oscar if we started playing a midfield three of Matic, Ramires and hopefully Fabregas but if the team's performances were starting to be good again, I really wouldn't care.