test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Ramires

Started by DavidEU,

3,459 posts in this topic

I liked our midfield in the second half. Matic-Fabregas-Ramires seems to be our best midfield provided Ramires shows some restraint and holds back to help out Matic in defence when needed and let Cesc go forward to link up with Eden and Oscar/Willian.

Barbara and Bluelsthecolour like this

"We should move to 4-3-3"

What have we been playing from the start of the season, then? :blink:

Are you even watching our matches? The second half yesterday was the first time we played a pure 4-3-3.

Are you even watching our matches? The second half yesterday was the first time we played a pure 4-3-3.

I have been watching and the formation that we've been playing is much closer to 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1 regardless of what the TV graphics say. It can't be called a 4-2-3-1 when Oscar plays so deep and him and Fabregas have interchangeable roles.

The Chels, DYC. and Joker10 like this

I have been watching and the formation that we've been playing is much closer to 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1 regardless of what the TV graphics say. It can't be called a 4-2-3-1 when Oscar plays so deep and him and Fabregas have interchangeable roles.

you cant judge formations when we attack, you have to look at it how we defend. We have always defended with 2 blocks of 4 with Oscar as the pressing nr 10 behind Costa.

you cant judge formations when we attack, you have to look at it how we defend. We have always defended with 2 blocks of 4 with Oscar as the pressing nr 10 behind Costa.

Huh? The team's formation is the formation they use when they have the ball. That has always been the case. We defend in a 4-4-2, always have. And even then, it is sometimes Oscar next to Costa and other times it Cesc (and even rarely, Matic).

While Ramires played a good game and much more useful then Schurrle, i wouldn't say he changed the game. What changed the game was when we pressed very high, and didn't allow Swansea bring up the ball with ease. Watch the game from 30m up you will see how much more difficult Swansea had and that point we really pinned them back and controlled the game. Ramires addition only further helped in that department.

Also early in the game our passing was very sloppy, Matic and Schurrle were the biggest offenders of that.

I liked our midfield in the second half. Matic-Fabregas-Ramires seems to be our best midfield provided Ramires shows some restraint and holds back to help out Matic in defence when needed and let Cesc go forward to link up with Eden and Oscar/Willian.

The midfield of Ramires-Matic-Cesc is flawed, i could tell you what is wrong with it but i suggest watching the Everton game again.

Madmax and TheOneChan95 like this

While Ramires played a good game and much more useful then Schurrle, i wouldn't say he changed the game. What changed the game was when we pressed very high, and didn't allow Swansea bring up the ball with ease. Watch the game from 30m up you will see how much more difficult Swansea had and that point we really pinned them back and controlled the game. Ramires addition only further helped in that department.

Also early in the game our passing was very sloppy, Matic and Schurrle were the biggest offenders of that.

The midfield of Ramires-Matic-Cesc is flawed, i could tell you what is wrong with it but i suggest watching the Everton game again.

Thw whole post is flawed.

Everton game was a one off. A gane where none of our 3 Cms had a good match defensively. Hazard was woeful leaving azpi without cover. If u actually want to judge them, judge how well they cut off supply lines in this match. The only goal we conceded was when JT decided to take a stroll in the park and leave a glaring hole in the defence for shelvey to run in.

Rambo DID change the game. We were pressing swansea for the last 20 minutes of the first half but were hardly as influential. Also we looked circumspect on counters. After rambo came in, the whole complexion of the natch changed. Our ball retention was amazing and we for once in the natch had continous prrssure on swansea resulting in the goals.

Thw whole post is flawed.

Everton game was a one off. A gane where none of our 3 Cms had a good match defensively. Hazard was woeful leaving azpi without cover. If u actually want to judge them, judge how well they cut off supply lines in this match. The only goal we conceded was when JT decided to take a stroll in the park and leave a glaring hole in the defence for shelvey to run in.

Rambo DID change the game. We were pressing swansea for the last 20 minutes of the first half but were hardly as influential. Also we looked circumspect on counters. After rambo came in, the whole complexion of the natch changed. Our ball retention was amazing and we for once in the natch had continous prrssure on swansea resulting in the goals.

I am going to let you believe what you want to believe.

I did say we were more influential with Ramires on the pitch and after the break, but not game changer. Game changer was our pressing of their CBs and them having harder time bringing the ball up the pitch.

We will see more of Ramires-Matic-Cesc midfield in the future, we shell see if it was a off game or not.

EMK likes this

I am going to let you believe what you want to believe.

I did say we were more influential with Ramires on the pitch and after the break, but not game changer. Game changer was our pressing of their CBs and them having harder time bringing the ball up the pitch.

We will see more of Ramires-Matic-Cesc midfield in the future, we shell see if it was a off game or not.

Mourinho said the same, but he also highlighted how much Ramires helped with that. So he deserves some credit too. We had already turned things around in the first half, but with Ramires addition we completely changed the way we pressed and then we started to dominate the midfield.

Huh? The team's formation is the formation they use when they have the ball. That has always been the case. We defend in a 4-4-2, always have. And even then, it is sometimes Oscar next to Costa and other times it Cesc (and even rarely, Matic).

So how do you explain the back 4 when we have the ball? Iva plays as a right winger when we have the ball....

3 assists and 1 goal in 1 game and a half, excellent start of the season. Will be our key player against City imo.

We don't really play a traditional 4-3-3 with Cesc, Matic and Oscar, my point is with Ramires included we do and it seems way more balanced.

Barbara likes this