Ramires

DavidEU

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ramires: Ancelotti has faith in me

"I accept being a substitute in the Champions League against Marseilles. It is normal because I am the last one that has arrived and besides I know that the coach does many rotations throughout the season.“I know that my manager Carlo Ancelotti and my team-mates have confidence in me”Ramires "I know that I have received some criticism for losing the ball that resulted in Carlos Tevez scoring the goal for Manchester City but that does not worry me.

we're still waiting the best of u ram

He's been more effective for us than Joe Cole has for Liverpool :whistling:

One could argue that he was £17m more expencieve.

Anyway,he's new and young and mistakes are expected,can't believe he's already come under heavy criticism,I've seen some calling him the new Veron.Ridiculous.

• 2 months later...

Here's an interview with Ramires (and Alex-ish) http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/chelseas-toughnuts-from-brazil

Ask about the differences between English football and the Latin game and Alex steps in. "A lot," laughs the centre-back.

"That's true, a lot," agrees Ramires. "But I think the biggest difference is the contact because the pitches are smaller and the contacts are really tough. I'm not saying in Portugal that there is no contact, but there, maybe because the pitches are bigger, there is less of it. Like it, I don't. But I have to get used to it. It's obligatory."

Back to Alex, a 6ft 2ins centre-back who has never been described as thin. "And referees they let it go, eh? he grins. "I told Ramires to 'arrive'. Because here there are no fouls."

Ramires, falling into his team-mate's double act, says: "Alex told me if the guys come to bother me he will take care of me. "Yeah, I will defend him," concludes Alex.

• 1 month later...

I will always love Ramires as a player, but the way he left Benfica puts a sour taste in my mouth. I mean heres his first words when he signed with the club...

"I just want to make history in Benfica. Be it for the 5 years in my contract or by appearing in every game and playing well, then I certainly I will make history here. We all know that in football you will receive good offers if you play well. I can always improve during my career and I don't plan to stay just one season at Benfica. I intend to stay here for 5 years, and who knows, maybe even renew later. Benfica is a great club that every player wants to represent. Whoever is here, needs to make the most of it. I just think I need to do my job and keep trying to get better. I am here to improve as a player and further my career. I had no intention on coming here and leaving the next day."

Clearly he did not own up to those words mad.gif

I will always love Ramires as a player, but the way he left Benfica puts a sour taste in my mouth. I mean heres his first words when he signed with the club...

"I just want to make history in Benfica. Be it for the 5 years in my contract or by appearing in every game and playing well, then I certainly I will make history here. We all know that in football you will receive good offers if you play well. I can always improve during my career and I don't plan to stay just one season at Benfica. I intend to stay here for 5 years, and who knows, maybe even renew later. Benfica is a great club that every player wants to represent. Whoever is here, needs to make the most of it. I just think I need to do my job and keep trying to get better. I am here to improve as a player and further my career. I had no intention on coming here and leaving the next day."

Clearly he did not own up to those words mad.gif

Settle down, every player says that in those circumstances, but we all know the agents control those things. Plus, it was common knowledge at the time Benfica bought him there was a pre-arrangement with the agent that he would only stay 1-2 years at Benfica, why do you think they sold 50% back to the agent a few months before he was sold to Chelsea.

Anyways, I loved him at Benfica and he did make some history there didn't he? He will definitely grow into his role at Chelsea and I see him being a fan favorite by this time next season. We haven't seen the best of him yet and we'll be very satisfied when we do.

how come when he has been playing excellently he gets dropped from the team. he has been our best midfielder for atleast a month but right when we change formations he gets dropped. its so stupid

He should have deffo played instead of Mikel (who looked dodgy at times vs Sunderland)... Don't understand it at all

What actually happened to him tho? He wasn't even on the bench against Liverpool and Sala (who's never been in the first team squad) was. After 30 seconds, Mikel was booked for being stupid again and he's treading on thin ice with 90 mins to go.

Mystery....

how come when he has been playing excellently he gets dropped from the team. he has been our best midfielder for atleast a month but right when we change formations he gets dropped. its so stupid

:goodpost: