Ramires

DavidEU

The Cesc-Matic-Ramires trio looked poor defensively against Everton as did the Cesc-Matic-Oscar trio in the first half against Swansea. It was only when we played with all 4 in the second half against Swansea that we looked more secure. I'd still like to see us try Mikel-Matic-Cesc though.

You cant compare the Cesc-Matic-Rami trio in the Everton game and the second half of the Swansea game. In the Everton game Rami and Matic played in the pivot with Cesc as the nr 10 and in the second half of the swansea game we played a 4-3-3.

You cant compare the Cesc-Matic-Rami trio in the Everton game and the second half of the Swansea game. In the Everton game Rami and Matic played in the pivot with Cesc as the nr 10 and in the second half of the swansea game we played a 4-3-3.

I don't remember us playing a 4-2-3-1 against Everton. Cesc played mostly deep next to Ramires and Matic in a midfield 3 just as he did against Swansea second half. Either way there wasn't much difference between the two at all.

Too deep yet he's assisted 6 goals already.

Ok.

There's always something to moan about, isnt there?

This forum is getting worse I swear.

Yeah sometimes he's too deep then Jose changed the formation e.g. bringing on Ramires and then guess what? He gets the assists.

Mong.

Yeah sometimes he's too deep then Jose changed the formation e.g. bringing on Ramires and then guess what? He gets the assists.

Mong.

Lol. Don't take it so personally son.

Pipe down.

Appreciate what he's doing rather than the nagatives all the time.

So how do you explain the back 4 when we have the ball? Iva plays as a right winger when we have the ball....

Just a modern fullback supporting the attack. And even that depends on the opposition and who is playing in front of him. If Schurrle is playing RW, then Iva goes forward less because Andre stays wide. That all changes according to the game.

The point is, I don't like to make those small distinctions because formations aren't rigid in practice. Calling for us to "switch" to 4-3-3 is not that at all; you're calling for a personnel change, namely Ramires for Oscar. That doesn't change the formation because Oscar is already playing a central midfielder role, even if it does give the team something a bit different.

We don't really play a traditional 4-3-3 with Cesc, Matic and Oscar, my point is with Ramires included we do and it seems way more balanced.

I think that complete depends on the opposition and the tactics we are using. On any account, we currently have a very small a very very small sampling pool to judge from. And I also think that the mistakes in pressing in midfield have been individual rather than collective and both combinations of central midfielders have made mistakes. There is still time to work on the issues. No need to panic, just yet, imo.

Mong.

And you're really contributing by calling someone a "mong", congratulations.

i think Rami will be a key player for us this season, he will start all the big games as he offers us that engery and mobility in midfield and allows Fabregas that freedom to get further forward and into the box like we saw with Costa's second goal against swansea. Rami has started the season off very well, & 4-3-3 with the players we have suits him perfectly which is good to see.

Not at all blaming him for the goal, but his attempted challenge on Draxler was such a poor effort. Ultimately it was Cahill's defending that cost us but Ramires could have done better to put Draxler off.

Well it was either commit a foul and get a needless yellow card or acknowledge he couldn't tackle Draxler without fouling and not give away a stupid freekick. If it was a poor effort by Ramires to make a tackle that would have only resulted in a foul then was it a poor decision by Fabregas to hold onto the ball for so long?

Well it was either commit a foul and get a needless yellow card or acknowledge he couldn't tackle Draxler without fouling and not give away a stupid freekick. If it was a poor effort by Ramires to make a tackle that would have only resulted in a foul then was it a poor decision by Fabregas to hold onto the ball for so long?

what harm does a foul literally over the midfield line would have caused us? He should have been firmer... he was the first one to have a chance to stop their attack. I'm not blaming the goal on him, but he could have done a much better job... For someone that people praise for energy, stamina and what not, that was such a lazy attempt to stop Draxler...

what harm does a foul literally over the midfield line would have caused us? He should have been firmer... he was the first one to have a chance to stop their attack. I'm not blaming the goal on him, but he could have done a much better job... For someone that people praise for energy, stamina and what not, that was such a lazy attempt to stop Draxler...

Perhaps yes but Cesc's mistake starts it, then Ramires' fails to take Draxler out before Ivanovic also fails to get a touch on the ball or even take the man and then Cahill makes the biggest error and isn't anywhere near tight enough near Huntelaar. Willian came back but if he tries to even touch the ball when Huntelaar's back is to him before he shoots, he probably fouls him.

He's got pace, couldn't he have just ran alongside Draxler? Matched him stride for stride? That would have blocked off a passing lane making it difficult for Draxler to pick such a pin point pass to Huntelaar.