Ramires

DavidEU

Utterly dire performance. Did nothing in defence, added nothing to the attacks and couldn't complete a pass for love nor money. The rare moments of quality don't make up for his lack of footballing IQ and a consistent touch, and I'd love to see him replaced in the summer.

Beyond stamina and running with the ball, he very rarely offers anything of quality to the team and was completely shown up by a 35 year old last night. Not too fussed about him missing the Arsenal game either because I'd have Luiz and Lampard ahead of him alongside Matic.

Think it was Tony Gayle on the commentary last night who said it perfectly. We're still missing a proper "get it and give it accurately" midfield player to partner Matic. It should be of equal priority to a striker in the summer. Ramires is a terrible passer of the ball and almost useless in the final third. He'd be a great 4-3-3 player with others next to him who can do the things he can't, but hasn't been good enough.

We absolutely NEED to buy a top class player there. Give Bayern £30m for Kroos or throw the kitchen sink at Juve for Vidal or Pogba. We'll have plenty of cash. If the likes of United and Arsenal are planning on spending £100m or more and City just did last summer than we should easily be able to as well.

To say his performance was just bad is a bit undifferentiated. The thing is all his actions were just incomplete. He interecepts a ball, then he plays a wayward pass, he tackles a ball, does not pass it fast enough and gets tackled himself, he skips 2 players and then shoots miles off target instead of passing to the completely free Schürrle. All that happened yesterday. He truly is an amazing athlete and we all know he can turn up for the big games with exquisite moments of technical brilliance. Without him we would not have won the CL and he also had some brilliant displays in big games vs the manchester sides over the last 2,5 seasons. Amidst all this bashing we shall never forget what he has done for us, even though he is out of form atm.

If he was still young, he would be an amazing talent, but he is gonna be 27 in a week and should be at the peak of his powers now, but he has been a weak link this season, due to his inconsistency. That is why he can't be a future starter for, though IMO he could still stay, cos he is an valuable option and we need stability in the team. The question is, thoughit makes sense to have a guy whose main asset is that he literally needs no rest as a squad player.

No doubt Lampard, can't play every week and LUiz is not a DM, but if Lampard would be able perform like he did today every time he is called upon, I'd play him next to Matic. IMO the perfect player for the pivot would be someone like Kovacic.

When we get a decent midfielder you'll realise how poor Ramires actually is.

He's the perfect choice for a team who have zero aspirations to do anything pro-active with the ball hence his important to this club in 2012. 69% passing against a team as bad as Galatasaray is absolutely appalling.

Ramires technical skills are terrible. Yet, he is going to be the player mourinho needs when he parks the bus next round and to mark their best player.

If our manager wasn't jose mourinho I would agree witb you.

Ramires technical skills are terrible. Yet, he is going to be the player mourinho needs when he parks the bus next round and to mark their best player.

If our manager wasn't jose mourinho I would agree witb you.

Ramires is too stupid to man-mark a player. The best choice for doing that type of job is almost certainly Oscar anyway.

I actually think our aspirations lie beyond parking the bus and actually trying to dictate the tempo of a match. I wouldn't trust Ramires to dictate a memo.

Ramires is too stupid to man-mark a player. The best choice for doing that type of job is almost certainly Oscar anyway.

I actually think our aspirations lie beyond parking the bus and actually trying to dictate the tempo of a match. I wouldn't trust Ramires to dictate a memo.

Jose is not offensively competent. I wouldn't want ramires to play that role as well, but he and William are the best people to mark out players.

Obviously, if we got xabi alonso or pirlo than ok. I would prefer 3 cms, ramires, matic and new cm.

Also stupid is not the correct term. If you watch the brazilians/ south americans play, tje agressive nature is common in them.

Look at sandro and melo. Two brazilian cms. Both agresssive and physical.

69% pass accuracy, just another normal night for Ramires.

Frustrating is an understatement.

You are right and I'm surprised at how many people are surprised by this... :)

It's not like we signed a youngster and wanted him to develop differently. I've watched Ramires play against Gremio (for Cruzeiro Brazil) a few times in Libertadores and he was a handful - very difficult player to play against; this even before his time at Benfica. However, his technique, esp first touch and passing, is and has always been mediocre. He is a good player because of his fantastic stamina, great mentality (esp concentration), strength, and pace. His finishing is actually pretty good considering his technique or the lack thereof.

That's the player Ramires is and always will be. He will improve slightly here and there, but he hasn't changed drastically one way or another.

I'm not saying he is in good form right now - he isn't. Just saying his technique won't get much better because technique, out of all aspects, is the one that is the most difficult to improve. Players naturally improve their reading of the game as they play games and experience match situations, but rarely will they develop a better first touch, or passing.

Really don't understand all the fuzz about a red card at stoppage time. I couldn't agree more with Jose on this:

"I am angry [with Ramires], but you know in football it's difficult to keep control of the emotions," said Mourinho.

"There are persons in the game who are responsible to help the players control the emotions and, sometimes, these people are the people who push the players to lose their control. And I can't separate Ramires's tackle, which is a red card … I cannot separate that from the accumulation of frustration during the match. I feel that what happened in minute 92 was a consequence of the other 92 minutes we played before that. But that's just my opinion.

People who play something – they don't need to be professional, just competing for something – they'd know exactly what I'm speaking about. So for me, is it a red card? Yes, it is a red card. Was it in the first minute? Was it minute 20 and completely out of context, where you don't know why the player did this? When you see the moment and what happened before that, you understand clearly. Or you don't understand, but I do. I understand clearly that a player can make a mistake. He made a mistake. He's going to pay for the mistake.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/17/jose-mourinho-chris-foy-ramires-red-card-aston-villa

Perfect game for Ramires to show his worth when Mourinho going to park the bus vs PSG.

Park the bus? That's the type of thing the anti-Chelsea bunch were saying about us going to Man City.

We'll prove you wrong again.

The true colors are showing, sniffed it out hours ago.

sniffed what out, I already told you everyone in France hates PSG......

I guess if you commenting a bayern board, they would say the same thing cause your from england.

Park the bus? That's the type of thing the anti-Chelsea bunch were saying about us going to Man City.

We'll prove you wrong again.

Playing City was a different game. City did not have fernandinho, aguero and nasri. In addition, they played demichless who was a huge reason why we won the game...

PSG do not have any injuries as of yet, so they will be at full force.