Ramires

DavidEU

I love this new Ramires we are seeing, consistent and better first touch, more consistent passer, seems a bit stronger. Jose has obviously worked with him over the summer.

Ramires v Villa: 104 passes, 94% pass accuracy, 1 key pass and 4 tackles won.

I wouldnt call him "new Ramires". The differance is that we are no longer playing him out of position as a winger.

He's an excellent footballer and disgustingly underrated. Just needs a capable partner, can't expect Lamps to be as consistent as he once was at his age.

Oscar looked good playing alongside him towards the last 20-30 minutes.

Van Ginkel is a beast defensively but his passing is still inconsistent.

He's an excellent footballer and disgustingly overrated. Just needs a capable partner, can't expect Lamps to be as consistent as he once was at his age.

Well... Why?

He's an excellent footballer and disgustingly overrated. Just needs a capable partner, can't expect Lamps to be as consistent as he once was at his age.

Did you mean disgustingly underrated?

One of the few players that were actually good yesterday (along with JT and Cech). He was excellent on the ball. Off the ball I thought he could have been a bit better. He got turned a bit too easily in midfield a couple of times and he late to track the runner in a couple of occasions as well. But overall he's doing that holding role much better than I expected. But I still prefer by some distance his contribution as a box-to-box midfielder.

Makelele was much better in terms of pace, Ramires is more agressive, Makelele barely tried to shoot. I think they are two completely different animals.

I agree on the shooting part and maybe Claude's distribution was a little bit faster, but in terms of pace I don't know which played in our midfield, current or past, matched Rami

2hwcwh.jpg

http://i.minus.com/inQHrOlcaS4bB.gif

Great to see that people are finally starting to really rate this guy. It was criminal how underrated he was by our fans.

This x100! Remember having to defend him to the hilt last season on here with you. Forgot who it was, but I remember somebody saying Chalobah was already better than him :fainthv9:

He was very bad yesterday, really didn't help us keep the ball.

Ramires lacks a lot of composure, he's not very the on the ball, he worries me every time he's holding it, especially when there are players around him. I wish Mikel played yesterday instead of him and that's saying something. He may be good at winning the ball back and running around but his first touch and ball control in general is poor.

He had a good game against Villa but near the end he almost fucked us over with one of the doggiest back to the keeper passes I've seen in a while. Almost played it perfectly in for Benteke to equalize 2-2 with about 7 minutes to go including the 5 minutes stoppage time.

You may all think he's underrated, but for me he's not a starter, as I've always said we need a player for him to rotate with because he lacks technical ability to play in the pivot, it's that bad that it's costing us.

He can't play the holding midfielder role against a team like Manchester. And we're only figuring this out now?!

You need a genuine holding midfielder if you're going to play 4-2-3-1 and challenge for the title and Ramires is not one.