Jack Cork on loan at Burnley

Burnley Football Club are delighted to announce that Jack Cork is set to return to the club on a season-long loan from Chelsea. The midfielder signed off from his temporary spell at Turf Moor with his first Premier League goal in the stunning comeback win against Tottenham on the final day of the campaign.

The 21-year-old was an outstanding success in his four-month stay as a Claret, making 11 appearances, with his influence on the field matched by his popularity in the dressing room.

An England under-21 International, Cork has had previous loan spells with Coventry, Scunthorpe, Southampton and Bournemouth, clocking up over 100 league appearances

Source: Chelsea FC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given up on him?

It would appear that yes the club have given up on him. Prefer the foreign youngsters to the English ones it would seem. Can't see that Matic offers more than Jack Cork would myself. Real shame to see us shipping 2 Engand U21 internations out on loan to the Championship with a third England U21 international expected to follow on loan or move for good.

Really annoyed at this. Seriously I was expecting him to feature for us next season but now he's going to sign for them next season surely...

I don't see it as a step down in any way because Youth have never been given a chance.

So would I. Does that mean I should be playing?

if you would have proven your worth and have overcomed any hurdle our board has thrown inffront of you... then you should be playing... cork has much more to give then matic, non theless they prefer to buy matic, and let corky go... this is a stupid move... if you do some research... ANYBODY takeing a look at cork, is absolutly sure hes gonna be a future england prospect and a kind of a silent leader... leading with his workrate and his examples on the pitch... mark my words...if we let this boy go... we'll gonna kick our own asses one day...

^ I don't believe that's the case to such an extent as you mentioned if I'm fair. If his own father comes out and says "He knows he's not going to make it with Chelsea" then that says a lot about his ability too. I want us to keep Cork but I don't see him staying after this deal has been made.

^ I don't believe that's the case to such an extent as you mentioned if I'm fair. If his own father comes out and says "He knows he's not going to make it with Chelsea" then that says a lot about his ability too. I want us to keep Cork but I don't see him staying after this deal has been made.

i think this was said cause jack is frustrated and who wouldn't?

i absolutly don't think this has to do with his ability. like I've mentioned before, I've followed this boy since 2007 and he has made stady Progress and any scout who has seen him play is impressed with him. any team he plays in, hes a first teamer... so why dont we just give him a go after TWELVE years with us?

I've followed him too and know that he forced his way into any XI he was at.

I don't think him and Matic are much different in terms of ability but what can you do? He will play every week with Burnley and we can't offer that. Similar to Stoch really, the players make the decisions to leave too you know.

I've followed him too and know that he forced his way into any XI he was at.

I don't think him and Matic are much different in terms of ability but what can you do? He will play every week with Burnley and we can't offer that. Similar to Stoch really, the players make the decisions to leave too you know.

Like Neymar wub.gif

Looks like jacky boy is going to be off then, unless he has a stonking season then we might give him the chance. Maybe we're just sending him off for now, because he wouldn't play this season but when lampard does go perhaps he'll feature. I don't know. Looks like bad signs.

interview from cork at the Burnley homepage:

Cork: It Was Always Burnley For Me

Posted on: Thu 12 Aug 2010 Jack Cork admits that he only had eyes for Turf Moor after being told he could continue his career away from Premier League champions Chelsea ...

The Clarets led a posse of clubs chasing the England under-21 star, once Chelsea had sanctioned a further loan move from Stamford Bridge.

0,,10413%7E8968121,00.png

And after a successful stint at Burnley last season, Cork was eager to return and complete some unfinished business.

"I could see there weren't going to be too many chances for me (at Chelsea) this year so hopefully I can come here and get a few games, do well and hopefully get this team, that looks like it should do really well, back into the Premier League," he said.

"When I was told I was going on loan there were a couple of clubs interested, but really it was Burnley all the way for me.

"I found it really easy to settle in here last year.

"Sometimes you go to clubs and it's hard to settle in and you find some of the lads harder to get along with.

"But it was easy to come here. It's a friendly place and I really enjoyed my time.

"I am grateful to the manager for giving me my chance in the Premier League and I thought I might as well try and help everyone get back up there."

0,,10413%7E8967616,00.png

The popular Cork looked the part in his eight Premier League starts last season, after Burnley boss Brian Laws snapped up the midfielder in January.

The 21-year-old quickly matured into a commanding presence both on and off the field, capping his initial stay with his first top-flight goal in the Clarets' last-day demolition of Tottenham.

But he is ready to embrace the Championship again and do whatever it takes to try and reverse the Clarets' relegation after agreeing a deal that can be reviewed by Chelsea in January but will hopefully keep him at Turf Moor for the rest of the season.

"I know it's the Championship but it is a very good league," Cork told Clarets Player.

"A lot of the players here could play in the Premier League and the quality that Burnley have got here is not far off a Premier League team because it's basically the same squad we had last year.

0,,10413%7E8770673,00.png

"I know if we play as well as we did at times when I was here last season then we have will have no problems reaching our goal of getting back in there."

Cork, who has also played at this level on loan at Watford, Coventry, Southampton and Scunthorpe, added: "I have played in the Championship a couple of times so you know what to expect. You get a variety of teams who play football and a variety that play different styles.

"Hopefully with the different experienced player we have got here we will be able to get the mix right and push on.

"I am looking forward to another debut and fighting for my place. Hopefully I will get my chance and I will do well when I get given it."

Source: Click Here

Seems like a step downwards...

No doubt. Seems like the club has been a little lazy when it comes to sending players on loan. If they'd worked hard enough, I'm sure both Bertrand and Cork could've ended up in EPL clubs. Can't really see what a CCC-loan spell can offer other than week in, week out first-team football. They got enough experience on the level already.