Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for better loan, france or something for Traore...but well vitesse will do it for now I guess.

His loan there showed he's not nearly ready for a bigger step. He's still soooo raw. No one doubts his skills, but tactically and mentally he still needs A LOT of work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd say this performance was better than the Ajax one for him.

I saw a couple of Vitesse games earlier in the season but haven't watched them for a while. Can you tell us a bit more about how Bertrand is playing? Also why has Walace not featured recently, is he injured or out of favour?

I saw a couple of Vitesse games earlier in the season but haven't watched them for a while. Can you tell us a bit more about how Bertrand is playing? Also why has Walace not featured recently, is he injured or out of favour?

Wallace got injured very early in the Ajax match. He is ok, but leaves a little to be desired. He is young though so it works in his favor.

Bertrand is the exact player you see if you remember him when he was dynamic in his preseason with us. Speedy,Skillful, and can play anywhere behind the striker effectively. Its a big step switching leagues though as you have seen with Atsu getting no minutes with Everton right now. Picking his english loan club will be very important in how he develops.

Wallace got injured very early in the Ajax match. He is ok, but leaves a little to be desired. He is young though so it works in his favor.

Bertrand is the exact player you see if you remember him when he was dynamic in his preseason with us. Speedy,Skillful, and can play anywhere behind the striker effectively. Its a big step switching leagues though as you have seen with Atsu getting no minutes with Everton right now. Picking his english loan club will be very important in how he develops.

Thank you.

To be fair, in my mind, Wallace's Chelsea chances are already a write off but I suppose being young does give him time to show us more than we've seen so far.

What I saw from Traore early this season was a bit hit and miss. His passing in particular was struggling and the impact that had on his overall game meant I wasn't all that surprised when he played himself out of the starting line up for a while. There's no doubt he has the great body control and explosive movements that can take opponents out of the game. On top of that, he has a good sense of the pass, of when and where a pass is on. He wasn't executing well however and that caused him to try more dibbles. Inevitably that led to possession breaking down on Brtrand a lot. Plenty of good looking movement went nowhere and fizzled out.

The mere fact that Bertrand is back in the line up, showing off his finishing* and becoming a key player for Vitesse again, suggests that he's either worked through his problems or is experiencing an upswing in form. Let's hope it's the former. By the end of the season we'll know one way or the other and he'll have qualified for a work permit. Indeed, I reckon he might even get a permit on appeal in January. If Salah leaves next month, as is rumoured, I wonder if Jose might be tempted to bring him here. Could help our chances in the UEFA Youth League if nothing else. :)

*Just seen today's goals on YouTube. Two high class finishes.