Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

13 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I agree! I feel he doesn't get enough plaudits for that clearance, as its a "split second to think" affair.

I did not expect anyone to say he is the new Anelka though, lol! :D

Yeah, that was a bizzare comparison from my part. :lol:

I really like Traore tho, maybe Guus should start 2 strikers upfront just to experiment something different in the next few games....Oh who am I kidding ? No way in hell will Guus do anything different other than playing Mikel/Matic/Oscar midfield in every single matches we have left.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, AWorriedChelseaFan said:

Yeah, that was a bizzare comparison from my part. :lol:

I really like Traore tho, maybe Guus should start 2 strikers upfront just to experiment something different in the next few games....Oh who am I kidding ? No way in hell will Guus do anything different other than playing Mikel/Matic/Oscar midfield in every single matches we have left.

After last game you never know. I think Guus is a reasonable man. If he feels having two strikers up front is the best way to go, I think he will do just that.

• 4 weeks later...

Every time I see Traore playing and people going mad for him, I realize how bad this season is. Traore scored some goals and thats it. He is average at best. Kenedy and RLC are the ones who should be given a chance next season. Traore is not ready yet fot first team action. Every time Costa was replaced for Traore, the team completely lost its attacking power. 

1 minute ago, Styles said:

Time to be honest: I think Kennedy is average at best. If people think a player like Kennedy is our future then we're hopeless.

He's got great potential at left back jf he can work on his defending, can be done its been seen with Alaba etc..... I really do think Kenedy could grow in that position.

He's average in the attacking positions can't argue there, compare his potential to the likes of Musonda and its light and day.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Every time I see Traore playing and people going mad for him, I realize how bad this season is. Traore scored some goals and thats it. He is average at best. Kenedy and RLC are the ones who should be given a chance next season. Traore is not ready yet fot first team action. Every time Costa was replaced for Traore, the team completely lost its attacking power. 

I don't think traore is a striker anyway. He is more effective in wide position cutting in. I believe he's always played that position in the past (before vitesse). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BT:Chelsea FC player evaluations 2015/16

Bertrand Traore was a bright spot in this campaign! Sort of like when you are sitting on your picnic blanket and every single thing seems lost as the clouds pull overhead before the sun just peeks through to suggest the future won’t be a washout. That is exactly what Bertrand Traore was for Chelsea football club this year and my Lord did they need him.It has been a long time since Jose Mourinho canceled Traore’s season abroad at Chelsea’s finishing school, Vitesse Arnhem, to let him stay with the squad after an impressive pre-season. Every time Traore has touched the ball in these last 10 months (which since this is Chelsea hasbeen infrequent), he has looked bright and up to the challenge.Having said that, I do personally think his frame is a little too slight to be stuck up front as a lone forward like he has been for many of his appearances this season. Preferably, he would be deployed somewhere out on the wing.His stature did not stop him hitting the back of the net, though. He opened his Chelsea account with a goal against MK Dons in the FA Cup. He would also score in the 5-1 win over Manchester City in the same tournament. Two Premier League goals against Stoke City and Newcastle United brought his season tally to four, even though he had made only four starts all year long.From a mental point of view, the most encouraging thing about Traore is that he always seems to be up for the fight. His frame is small and where most players would have been discouraged by being pushed off the ball as frequently as he is, Traore shows real stomach for battle.That is one of the most important traits in British football and often the hardest part to find in youngsters. Traore possesses it in spades to go with his clearly sizeable amount of talent.

Hopefully, the youngster will get even more chances to prove himself under Antonio Conte and grow on the successes of his first season’s worth of appearances for the senior squad.

The Pride of London

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...

Yeah Traore is by far and away my favorite of the Chelsea Yoof.

I really think he can make it, solid technical base, is versatile enough to play as RW too, and is constantly impacting the game whenever he plays. Just seen Traore's Expected Goals/Assists Per 90mins is 1.01 . I know its still a small sample size, but if He keeps that up, he'll be forcing Conte's hand to fit him into the team.  

4 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Yeah Traore is by far and away my favorite of the Chelsea Yoof.

I really think he can make it, solid technical base, is versatile enough to play as RW too, and is constantly impacting the game whenever he plays. Just seen Traore's Expected Goals/Assists Per 90mins is 1.01 . I know its still a small sample size, but if He keeps that up, he'll be forcing Conte's hand to fit him into the team.  

I hope he improves his technical finesse a bit. He has the ability to but he's too inconsistent with his basic technical stuff sometimes. He has got an interesting future ahead of him though. I'd give him a chance. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's our new Kalou. Unshaken in confidence with the composure and instinct of a poacher. 

But at the same time not all that, for other reasons seemingly unquantifable at this time.

To our new super-sub.:cig:

1 hour ago, Azpinator said:

Chelsea logic:

Christensen, 20 years old, a little experience in Europe: Not ready to play for Chelsea
Traore, 20 years old, far less experience: Ready to play for Chelsea!

How have you determined that Chelsea have said that Andreas isn't ready? We agreed a two year loan and we didn't include a callback, so we have to honour that. Doesn't mean we don't think he's ready. 

5 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

How have you determined that Chelsea have said that Andreas isn't ready? We agreed a two year loan and we didn't include a callback, so we have to honour that. Doesn't mean we don't think he's ready. 

Exactly, and weren't there also some rumours earlier this summer that Chelsea were thinking about paying some penalty to break the loan deal early, which I'm sure with enough money would have been entirely possible, but then Christensen came out saying he in fact prefers to stay at Gladbach for a second year to help with his development?

Playing in the Bundesliga at a CL level club has been a massive learning experience for young Christensen and another season there as their first choice CB will make him even better. Sure he could be a valuable asset even this season but I don't mind him staying there one more year if that's what has been agreed between the clubs and if Christensen himself wants it.