Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

Twice as many goals as Falcao, nice.Thats him Ruben&Kennedy ready for more game time.Hopefully we get 40+ points asap and use the last games of the season to good advantage and give the youth experience !

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BlueLion said:

Should be starting ahead of Hazard. More goals in 132 minutes than Hazard has in 32 games all season.

Yeah the statistic is true but those 2 goals have come in where we have been battering the opposition. To say that means he deserves a start ahead of him is quite knee-jerk imo.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Yeah the statistic is true but those 2 goals have come in where we have been battering the opposition. To say that means he deserves a start ahead of him is quite knee-jerk imo.

Those goals have come in games where Hazard could and should have scored multiple times - but he didn't.

44 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

Those goals have come in games where Hazard could and should have scored multiple times - but he didn't.

But Traore has played up front in those anyway. Not on the wing. I just think Hazard needs to keep playing. After all this was his first start for a weeks IIRC. So hopefully he bides his time and gradually improves.

6 hours ago, Henrique said:

He wasn't, but he isn't the role model for a young player like Traore.

I agree - I'm not saying that he is. I'm just saying that he could be something like that for us at the very least - you know; 10 goals, 10 assists sort of squad player. He does have potential to be more effective and consistent than Salomon though.

16 hours ago, Stats said:

But Traore has played up front in those anyway. Not on the wing. I just think Hazard needs to keep playing. After all this was his first start for a weeks IIRC. So hopefully he bides his time and gradually improves.

True. 

My concern is Hazard is showing no physical improvement. I don't even think he's fit. Where's his speed, his explosive acceleration? Seems to have just vanished.

6 hours ago, BlueLion said:

True. 

My concern is Hazard is showing no physical improvement. I don't even think he's fit. Where's his speed, his explosive acceleration? Seems to have just vanished.

His mind is in Madrid. No point keeping him playing when he is not fit physically or mentally.

IMO Traore should start against PSG instead of Hazard because at the moment Eden doesn't offer anything offensively nor defensively. Traore is much more lethal in front of goal and seems to have much more energy and workrate in his game. We cannot afford Hazard missing chances in such a crucial games as the ones against PSG.

This kid is going to be very special, I hope Hiddink and his successor realize the potential of him and give him plenty of chances. In fact there is no reason why he shouldn't start the rest of the games this season, especially in the league. Its ridiculous how few chances the youth have been given considering the fact that this season would have been the perfect opportunity for building the new core of the team. I think the managers and the board should come to Amsterdam and buy shrooms to get some long-term vision.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

His mind is in Madrid. No point keeping him playing when he is not fit physically or mentally.

IMO Traore should start against PSG instead of Hazard because at the moment Eden doesn't offer anything offensively nor defensively. Traore is much more lethal in front of goal and seems to have much more energy and workrate in his game. We cannot afford Hazard missing chances in such a crucial games as the ones against PSG.

This kid is going to be very special, I hope Hiddink and his successor realize the potential of him and give him plenty of chances. In fact there is no reason why he shouldn't start the rest of the games this season, especially in the league. Its ridiculous how few chances the youth have been given considering the fact that this season would have been the perfect opportunity for building the new core of the team. I think the managers and the board should come to Amsterdam and buy shrooms to get some long-term vision.

Agree regarding Traore. I was saying this a year ago. I watched him so many times, I know he has special talent.

However I don't know how you can say something about not starting fit Hazard with a straight face.

4 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

However I don't know how you can say something about not starting fit Hazard with a straight face.

Well you can see from my name that I am a big fan of the player :P But regardless of that, he is bloody useless at the moment. Lets admit it, he is not going to score a goal. What is he going to do? Like someone mentioned before, the acceleration, the drive to challenge opponents...its nowhere to be seen in his play. What does he offer? Sure he has the quality to do something special out of nothing but I truly believe that there are players that would be more useful for the team tomorrow.

And I'm not so sure whether he is really fit, doesn't seem like it.

10 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Well you can see from my name that I am a big fan of the player :P But regardless of that, he is bloody useless at the moment. Lets admit it, he is not going to score a goal. What is he going to do? Like someone mentioned before, the acceleration, the drive to challenge opponents...its nowhere to be seen in his play. What does he offer?

Backheels ! :P

Keeping ball under pressure.

Passing.

His games under Hiddink are generally good. He didn't lose his acceleration. In December he was back on track with his fitness I think. Pity about the injury. But he played very good against Watford and MOTM against United (I'm talking about December fixtures).

He is coming back from injury, give him time to being back where he stopped.

And talking about starting Kenedy or Traore against PSG away versus starting Hazard, are we for real ? :)

5 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Backheels ! :P

Keeping ball under pressure.

Passing.

His games under Hiddink are generally good. He didn't lose his acceleration. In December he was back on track with his fitness I think. Pity about the injury. But he played very good against Watford and MOTM against United (I'm talking about December fixtures).

He is coming back from injury, give him time to being back where he stopped.

And talking about starting Kenedy or Traore against PSG away versus starting Hazard, are we for real ? :)

Well, I know that it would never happen. Just a radical idea shouted out in the magical world of the internet

But, even if Hazard isn't replaced by Traore/Kenedy tonight, he could still ride the bench whilst Oscar-Willian-Pedro are being preferred due to team stability, workrate etc. Though, that is an unlikely scenario as well.

But since this topic is about Bertrand Traore, lets not continue PSG-game chat here but rather in the appropriate topic. And lets hope that Traore gets the chances this season because he really deserves them. And so does Kenedy to be fair.