Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although we haven't seen much of him to gauge a playing style, a lot of features I read about him seem to see him as some sort of box to box midfielder. He does have the leggy stride of a Yaya Toure type player but not sure if his fitness and defending abilities are anywhere near good enough. Certainly now he's a no.10/winger type of player.

Although we haven't seen much of him to gauge a playing style, a lot of features I read about him seem to see him as some sort of box to box midfielder. He does have the leggy stride of a Yaya Toure type player but not sure if his fitness and defending abilities need to be good as well. Certainly now he's a no.10/winger type of player.

I think that's the position he'll end up playing. He seems really poor, defensively though....

Although we haven't seen much of him to gauge a playing style, a lot of features I read about him seem to see him as some sort of box to box midfielder. He does have the leggy stride of a Yaya Toure type player but not sure if his fitness and defending abilities are anywhere near good enough. Certainly now he's a no.10/winger type of player.

more chance of atsu playing there. he has done it already for vitesse in some matches

Most players are at his age. Plenty of time for him to improve that aspect of his game.

Yeah, that's probably the thing I worry least about at his age because the defensive side for attacking midfielders is something you can coach and they can learn as long as they have the right attitude. And he certainly has the physical strengths to do, he just needs a coach who is willing to teach him.

I'd throw in Baker as well.

Not for me. I still don't understand the hype or fuss about him honestly. he's no better technically than all the other average youth players of the past like Connor,Billy Clifford et al. the players I listed actually have the look of potentially special players about them. Ake with the composure,calmness and maturity far above his age,his technical ability isn't too shabby for a defender neither, swift with the cultured style that's reminiscent of the great Laudrup, Boga with the explosiveness and impressive close control and RLC with the technical ability not often associated with big players. But football is a funny old game and he might be the one out of the lot that actually makes it with hard work and some luck.

Probably the most important thing about sending him to Vitesse is that the Eredivisie is one of the best leagues (if not the best) when it comes to technical ability. Just imagine such a natural talent being wasted somewhere in Doncaster or so.

• 2 weeks later...