Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4 August 2016 at 1:11 PM, The Skipper said:

How have you determined that Chelsea have said that Andreas isn't ready? We agreed a two year loan and we didn't include a callback, so we have to honour that. Doesn't mean we don't think he's ready. 

In any case where is the logic in thinking that just because one 20-year-old is ready that means that another one must be too?

I'm sure we all have an opinion as to whether Bertrand is as ready as Andreas, but that's a matter for football judgement. The numbers on their birth certificates can't make that decision for you.

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

This is a brilliant move actually, gets to play for a big club, fight for the league title and work for a manager he's already scored 17 goals under during 14/15 season. Ajax have no better centre forward than him in the squad, he's going there to play as a regular starter for a club that has produced so many quality players during the years. Don't know what is wrong with that. Arkadiusz Milik is probably the most wasteful centre forward I've seen in the past years, still Ajax have managed to get £28m for him. Average to decent player, not more than that, but that pacey league in Holland helped him. Ajax are an offensive minded team full of talented players upfront, no doubt Traore is going to thrive there under a manager he knows and will play him to his strenghts.

Shhhh Now is not the time for rational thinking! 

:P

He is 20, goes to a team that has far better players than Vitesse with whom he can improve his link up play, will play in the Champions League (probably) under the coach that knows him well and adores him. IMO there's 25 goals season on the cards for him. Good move.

He still looks raw even though has obvious great talent. It's natural he will improve with playing time.

Though I think he is the best striker in the club to play that SS role if we're playing with 1 striker formation then opportunities are slim with the fewest games to play I can remember.

The two caveats are that 1. Chelsea are hot on getting Bazoer from Ajax for some time if Traore will be hit for Ajax I can imagine some stupid idea like giving him away as a makeweight and 2. He has 2 years left on his contract, when he's back he has one, so I don't know if he will want to come back. If you can sell striker for 32m€ after good season at Eredivisie (Milik) I can see Chelsea doing so. And how exactly will  be spot for him next season if we're signing a striker ?

Initially I was against it but thinking about it now it makes sense.

If the last pre season games are anything to go by we aint playing 4-2-4 anymore, meaning being 3rd choice in a team with no European football basically means seriously limited game time, we might aswell use Remy for that role and let Bertrand develop with regular games.

What this transfer really tells me is that we're probably abandoning the 2 strikers idea. 

We already needed an additional one with Traoré ( who was good in this system ), now there is just not enough time to get the necessary depth for the system. 

14 minutes ago, Adnane said:

What this transfer really tells me is that we're probably abandoning the 2 strikers idea. 

We already needed an additional one with Traoré ( who was good in this system ), now there is just not enough time to get the necessary depth for the system. 

Doesn't neccessarily mean that at all.

While my initial kneejerk reaction was to pull my hair out and throw the PC about again and while I still might not like it I understand.

It obviously means we are getting a Lukaku etc and with Diego/Bats we will be in great shape so Berty wouldn't see much apart from the sidelines. So this will mean he comes back like Moses/Square has this season.

Great young player and I hope the club have given him a good chat before he goes.

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He's probably done here honestly...

Disagree. I think he's probably the first loanee that I can actually see with a future here. He was already almost ready for the first team so a loan to a top team like Ajax where he'll play every week should only improve him.

I expect him to be a Chelsea player again for sure.