Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

9 hours ago, The Skipper said:

How have you determined that Chelsea have said that Andreas isn't ready? We agreed a two year loan and we didn't include a callback, so we have to honour that. Doesn't mean we don't think he's ready. 

Since the club is in a critical situation and needs some serious reinforcements, it would have been nice if they just took a risk on him and canceled that loan. They seem to be taking a risk with Traore so why not.

I'm just frustrated with our current back line in all honesty.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Since the club is in a critical situation and needs some serious reinforcements, it would have been nice if they just took a risk on him and canceled that loan. They seem to be taking a risk with Traore so why not.

I'm just frustrated with our current back line in all honesty.

I recall reading that the club tried to bring him back but Andreas actually wanted to spend the season at Gladbach, as an undisputed starter at a CL club. 

I think everyone isn't happy about our defence at the moment but I believe the club and Contr are working hard to rectify that right now. 

19 hours ago, Leif said:

I think he's our new Kalou. Unshaken in confidence with the composure and instinct of a poacher. 

But at the same time not all that, for other reasons seemingly unquantifable at this time.

To our new super-sub.:cig:

Traore is nothing like Kalou. Bertrand has far more potential than Kalouless ever had. He scores in nearly every match he plays in. Isn't that the purpose of a striker? He has good vision and keeps the ball very well. What more do you want from a young striker such as Traore. If we play him week in, week out I can see him turning into a top player. 

18 hours ago, The Skipper said:

How have you determined that Chelsea have said that Andreas isn't ready? We agreed a two year loan and we didn't include a callback, so we have to honour that. Doesn't mean we don't think he's ready. 

We don't HAVE to honor Christensen's two year loan deal. Contracts have penalty clauses for breaking them. If we really wanted him here we'd pay them and get him back. 

29 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

We don't HAVE to honor Christensen's two year loan deal. Contracts have penalty clauses for breaking them. If we really wanted him here we'd pay them and get him back. 

Like I said Christensen himself has also come out saying he wants to stay another year, with the intention of being even more ready for Chelsea in 2017 so it's good to honor the wishes of the player too.

Gladbach, a club a good league with CL ambitions and a record of developing young players, seem like a really good loan destination for our best youngsters (T. Hazard before his permanent move and now Christensen) so there could be a future in that relationship but the respect needs to go both ways and it's not exactly a good idea to fuck it up by breaking the contract. Maybe in the future some of our other young gems like Musonda can go there and take similar huge leaps in development before potentially returning to the Chelsea squad. 

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Like I said Christensen himself has also come out saying he wants to stay another year, with the intention of being even more ready for Chelsea in 2017 so it's good to honor the wishes of the player too.

Gladbach, a club a good league with CL ambitions and a record of developing young players, seem like a really good loan destination for our best youngsters (T. Hazard before his permanent move and now Christensen) so there could be a future in that relationship but the respect needs to go both ways and it's not exactly a good idea to fuck it up by breaking the contract. Maybe in the future some of our other young gems like Musonda can go there and take similar huge leaps in development before potentially returning to the Chelsea squad. 

Let me ask you a question: Do you think that Christensen would have turned down coming back here had someone from the club sat him down, explained to him that we're in a transition phase and that he could become a regular here and offered him to at least start the season in our XI? 

Gladbach aren't taking Hazard and Christensen because they respect us. They're taking them on loan because they benefit greatly from their talent. They're the ones who are gaining more from this relationship and should be looking to please us, not the other way around! 

Since we are not bringing Christensen back, there are only two current options for our shambles of a defense: Either we sign a CB which we desperately need but which would make it a lot more unlikely fro Christensen to come back next season and break into the team, or we sign no one and get another painful season with the same rapidly declining defense. Can't decide which is worse.

NOW was the perfect time to bring Christensen back and integrate him into the team. 

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Let me ask you a question: Do you think that Christensen would have turned down coming back here had someone from the club sat him down, explained to him that we're in a transition phase and that he could become a regular here and offered him to at least start the season in our XI? 

Gladbach aren't taking Hazard and Christensen because they respect us. They're taking them on loan because they benefit greatly from their talent. They're the ones who are gaining more from this relationship and should be looking to please us, not the other way around! 

Since we are not bringing Christensen back, there are only two current options for our shambles of a defense: Either we sign a CB which we desperately need but which would make it a lot more unlikely fro Christensen to come back next season and break into the team, or we sign no one and get another painful season with the same rapidly declining defense. Can't decide which is worse.

NOW was the perfect time to bring Christensen back and integrate him into the team. 

Or we sign a CB and bring back Christensen next season...

11 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Come on Choulo. All about strength in depth. 

Next season : Terry and Cahill (and Ivanovic) out. That leaves us with Zouma, Christensen and the new competent CB — that is, three players competing for two spots ; two out of three (maybe even 100%, depending on the new CB) as (very) young players ; and we do not even know yet what to expect from Zouma after his serious injury. Thus with the limited insight on the situation we have right now, having next year Zouma-Christensen-newCB is far from being a luxurious fantasy (it does seem a bit short in terms of quantity). So yeah, buying a very good center back this season seems to be the minimum we should do. And if it happens that the three of them turn to be very-good, then we would have a lovely problem on our hands.

11 minutes ago, Peace. said:

Next season : Terry and Cahill (and Ivanovic) out. That leaves us with Zouma, Christensen and the new competent CB — that is, three players competing for two spots ; two out of three (maybe even 100%, depending on the new CB) as (very) young players ; and we do not even know yet what to expect from Zouma after his serious injury. Thus with the limited insight on the situation we have right now, having next year Zouma-Christensen-newCB is far from being a luxurious fantasy (it does seem a bit short in terms of quantity). So yeah, buying a very good center back this season seems to be the minimum we should do. And if it happens that the three of them turn to be very-good, then we would have a lovely problem on our hands.

Exactly. Beautifully put, for the team we aspire to be you want problems like this. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Exactly. If Real Madrid can have Pepe. Ramos. and Varane, why can't Chelsea? If Bayern Munich can have 3 starting XI's that could all finish in the Top 2 of the Bundesliga on their own, why can't Chelsea amass some depth? 

I used to always believe that Clubs couldn't build large squads of 22 players, but what I've witnessed at Bayern, where every World Class player and their mother signs for them has thrown that notion out the window. 

Blimey! ooking at the last few posts I thought I was on Christensens thread! mischievous-grin_zpse6s9ntzo.gif

Ive always liked Traore and athink that year at Vitesse did him the world of good. Sweapping him from RM to ST seems to be the right thing for him.

After seeing him score 5 mins after coming on last season I know alot of us thought we were onto summet good but he did fuck up on his 1st touches sometimes.

The kids only 20 and I dont think hes quite a starter yet but he certainly deserves some rota time and with us hopefully using 2 strikers then he should be getting some regularly.

I reckon the lads going to be a goodun and I hope our management treat him good with a nice set of golden handcuffs..

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Do you genuinely believe that that will happen? 

It all sounds good when we're talking on a football forum, but in reality you're going to have some task convincing two of the most promising young defenders and a newly signed (hopefully) top defender to all stay with the team when they know that one of them will not be getting many minutes. 

Especially for defenders. We've basically had the exact same back 4 for the past 3 years!