Chelsea Vs Tottenham

BlueLion.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veletti strike was so so so so so so so classssss....for hi9story....

I didn't wacth the game but on BBC they were saying that Anelka was playing great and that he had hit the bar??I am glad to hear that he is a good player for us and I am so happy for SWP!!

Cool all these new players coming in January :P

Joking mate :thumbsup:

Awesome performance by the lads,i bet 1990 is becoming a far memory for Tottenham :whistling:

Woohoo Belliti.Wont win goal of the month though as he wears blue but still :D

Yeh Analka hit the bar but meh least he came close :D

4 points behind shame Man you had to win 6-0 but meh still long way to go.We're still in it!

We lost last season at 3 point lane when we thought there was no chance of losing. Hopefully things will be different at the Bridge this time and we can get revenge for that defeat.. but Spurs is always a tricky fixture

Meh Poll messed it up lol they still havent beaten us with 11 men and with luck they never will.

Sorry Poyet tehehehe

Edited by Layla

well i only managed to get the last 20 mins because my sopcast links were fucking me about but in that 20 mins, i saw a very good Chelsea team playing against a load of cack. I heard that the match was very one sided anyway throughout, but we couldve scored 3 or 4 in the time i was watching. Anelka was a massive plus when he came on. 2 stunning goals too, damn, things are looking sweet.

At the moment, regardless who our manager is, i'm a very happy Chelsea fan. We are depleated, we have injuries galore and africans away and we're finding so much spirit and passion to keep winning games and we're playing well too. 10 points over christmas, 2 wins since, the only dropped points we're because of that dodgy pen decision on ashley against villa but that was evened up with our offside goal vs newcastle so its cool. 74 games unbeaten at home, 18 years unbeaten against spurs at stamford bridge and not far off the top of the league.

All these pundits can talk about Man Utd or Arsenal for the league, it suits us fine, forget us at your peryl. Whatever any of you guys think, we are still in this title race because we have all the qualities a team could ever want. We are NOT out of this premiership race.

Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Terry. These are out 4 biggest players. This proves just how good our team spirit is. Ballack and Carvalho becoming fit and playing brilliantly and the Anelka signing is pure genius. We can cover so many areas now and thats why we can have that 'never say die' attitude

Come on you blues!

Edited by OllieCFC

Got caught up in traffic and missed the bloody first half.....then i tried to get a stream working and that failed too. Listened to the last 20 minutes on 5-live.

Anelka certainly made an impact.

Another 3 points and our performances seem to be improving by the game. Result wise elsewhere, a very productive day :D

Great win, very good performance, my only problem is that we sat back on a 1-0 lead instead of trying to increase it. It's all well and good successfully defending a 1-0, but if Grant is serious about playing great football, we have to go attack these games and kill them off. In the end we did do that, but gave Spurs a few chances before that. But that's a minor issue, we've swept aside Spurs again and I am very happy :)

Player ratings:

Cech: 7 - Very commanding, made one good save

Belletti: 9 - He's having a great time of it at the moment and a fantastic goal

Ashley Cole: 7 - Struggled with Lennon in the first half, but got a hold of him in the second

Carvalho: 9 - Magnificent again

Alex: 9 - Top notch performance from Alex today, possibly his best in a Chelsea shirt so far

Makelele: 7 - Good performance from Maka, looked rusty but did his job

Ballack: 8 - I thought he had a very positive influence on our play, good performance

Wright-Phillips: 8 - The midfield role seems to suit him a lot, it allows him to make better decisions and he is less one dimensional than on the wing. Took his goal well, in good form at the moment

Joe Cole: 7 - Didn't have an awful lot of influence on the game, but showed how good he is at getting out of tricky situations with his feet

Malouda: 7 - Decent performance, I like how he drifts inside sometimes

Pizarro: 7 - Didn't think he did all that badly, but not what we're looking for

Subs:

Anelka: 8 - Looks very good, was unlucky not to score, despite a lack of understanding with his team mates he was still able to find them on occasion with some clever flicks and looks to be a great signing

Sidwell: 6 - Didn't have enough time to assert an influence on the game, not that he probably could or anything

Bridge: 6 - Not enough time

well i only managed to get the last 20 mins because my sopcast links were fucking me about but in that 20 mins, i saw a very good Chelsea team playing against a load of cack. I heard that the match was very one sided anyway throughout, but we couldve scored 3 or 4 in the time i was watching. Anelka was a massive plus when he came on. 2 stunning goals too, damn, things are looking sweet.

At the moment, regardless who our manager is, i'm a very happy Chelsea fan. We are depleated, we have injuries galore and africans away and we're finding so much spirit and passion to keep winning games and we're playing well too. 10 points over christmas, 2 wins since, the only dropped points we're because of that dodgy pen decision on ashley against villa but that was evened up with our offside goal vs newcastle so its cool. 74 games unbeaten at home, 18 years unbeaten against spurs at stamford bridge and not far off the top of the league.

All these pundits can talk about Man Utd or Arsenal for the league, it suits us fine, forget us at your peryl. Whatever any of you guys think, we are still in this title race because we have all the qualities a team could ever want. We are NOT out of this premiership race.

Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Terry. These are out 4 biggest players. This proves just how good our team spirit is. Ballack and Carvalho becoming fit and playing brilliantly and the Anelka signing is pure genius. We can cover so many areas now and thats why we can have that 'never say die' attitude

Come on you blues!

Hear hear brother!

Come on you blues!

Yeah we're looking a lot better atm even with the amount of first choice players out for one reason or other.

Can't agree there's any hope of the title though, not that we're out of it mathematically, more that I can't see anyone living with Utd this season - and I'd have said that before todays result as well, so its not just a reaction statement.

i don't think its in the dictionary yet. Would go something like this:

"Uhh (See errrr and hmmm): Expression used when you don't know what to say or how to say it. Used often when in an interview or being questioned generally"

SPIT IT OUT AVRAM!!

Edited by OllieCFC

Grants response sums up why so many of us feel so negative about him.

Such a plank......in one ear and out the other :whistling:

I've just got up and switched on my computer to see the results so have not heard or read anything about what he said but let me have a wild stab in the dark what it may have sounded like.

(cue droning, mumbling)

"we played positive, attacking football, much better than before, we play more passes now along the ground, our passing is much better, we do not play the ball long, the play is much more positive and better than before, did I mention that the play is much better and more positive than before, we are playing much better than before, we have closed the gap on Arsenal playing much better, attacking football which is much better than before, it's good that we won but much more importantly we win the right way, playing more positive, attacking football than before as you can see"

Repeat, repeat, repeat until everyone is in a coma. :rolleyes:

Everyone keeps saying you have to like and respect the guy "he's our new manager for God's sake!". Please explain to me how this is possible when he spends his time managing to annoy me no end with his constant digs to the old regime which are about as unsubtle as a sledgehammer - obviously trying to impress someone not sure who with those, outpourings about our new style of football which is obvious for all to see apparently which is more often than not patently untrue, is possessed of all the charisma of a mushroom and has made stating the bleeding obvious into some kind of art form.

I give you this classic from today:

"So, if we win and they drop points I am happy and hope it does not happen the other way around."

No you don't say! So if we lose and they (Arsenal) don't drop points you will not be happy but if we win and they drop points you're happy. :rolleyes: Please Avram a word of advice, say you've got a sore throat and can't talk right now or talk about the weather or the Israeli/Palestine problems. Anything but about football, I'd rather share a lift for 24 hours with red nose and moaning Wenger.

I tell you, the guy would have been perfect in silent horror movies coming out of a coffin to scare the kids.

For me respect and liking for a manager is no given just because they are the chosen one of the boss. You have to earn it not just by results (although those are the very important obviously) but by how you come across in print and on TV and no I'm not talking about if you can wear a suit well by that statement.

Edited by pluto

No you don't say! So if we lose and they (Arsenal) don't drop points you will not be happy but if we win and they drop points you're happy. :rolleyes: Please Avram a word of advice, say you've got a sore throat and can't talk right now or talk about the weather or the Israeli/Palestine problems. Anything but about football, I'd rather share a lift for 24 hours with red nose and moaning Wenger.

I tell you, the guy would have been perfect in silent horror movies coming out of a coffin to scare the kids.

For me respect and liking for a manager is no given just because they are the chosen one of the boss. You have to earn it not just by results (although those are the very important obviously) but by how you come across in print and on TV and no I'm not talking about if you can wear a suit well by that statement.

Standing ovation for that man. Last bit sums it up perfectly.

What he actually said - in front of the watching world I might add - when asked how he felt about closing the gap on Arsenal with them dropping points, was "Uhh?" Profound eh?

Standing ovation for that man. Last bit sums it up perfectly.

What he actually said - in front of the watching world I might add - when asked how he felt about closing the gap on Arsenal with them dropping points, was "Uhh?" Profound eh?

He was asked after the....uhhhhh....."What do you feel about Arsenal slipping up?"....again he said .....Uhhhhhh....before turning to his right and talking (Israeli I take it) to someone behind him before turning back and saying...."They dropped points?".....

No fucking shit Sherlock :rolleyes:

ok just watched the game, Setanta decided to show it 7:45pm <_< and stayed off line the whole day just so wouldn't get the score. but anyways, i was really excited to see Anelka today and he didn't disappoint. if he had scored debut, omg, but he came very close. LOVED Maka today, the commentators called him the "smiling assassin," and he deffo is :D SWP had a great game in the center as well, awesome goal. Belletti, NICE ONE, how far out was it? like 30 yards? well anyways great. Ballack made me laugh today, 3 offsides... :lol:

we got the three points and Anelka looked good. not to mention Liverpoo and Arse dropped points, its been a pretty good day :)